Discchord Reader Rating: Needs Votes
Mar 07, 2019
Mar 01, 2019
Aug 05, 2018
Aug 01, 2018
Jul 29, 2018
Nov 28, 2017
Nov 21, 2017
Oct 10, 2017
Oct 04, 2017
May 22, 2017
May 16, 2017
Nov 27, 2016
Nov 23, 2016
Nov 04, 2016
Apr 12, 2016
Apr 07, 2016
Jan 13, 2016
Nov 28, 2015
Nov 26, 2015
Aug 15, 2015
Other apps by Alexander Zolotov
App Store Description:SunVox is the most powerful music creation tool for iOS. It is a small and fast cross-platform modular synthesizer with pattern based sequencer (tracker).
[ Jordan Rudess about this app ]
Sunvox is a serious music application. I am personally running it on my iphone. In the overcrowded world of music apps, Sunvox stands out as both unique and powerful. If you are a musician and own an iphone, you owe it to yourself to try this amazing application!
[ Key features ]
• Modular interface.
• Powerful microtonal (ultra-chromatic) sequencer.
• Highly optimized synth algorithms.
• Support of 16/24/32bit WAV, AIFF and XI samples.
• XM (FastTracker) and MOD (ProTracker, OctaMED) import.
• Multitrack WAV export.
• WiFi import/export.
• MIDI file import/export.
• MIDI IN/OUT.
• Mic/Line-in recording (using the Sampler).
• Audiobus 3 (with MIDI) and IAA support.
• It is also available for other systems (see the site).
[ Brief instruction ]
The main menu - button with the SunVox icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
Use multitouch to scale/move content of timeline and pattern editor.
To connect one module (source) to another (destination): first touch on the source, second touch on the destination.
[ Built-in synthesizers & effects ]
• Analog Generator;
• DrumSynth with 120 unique synthetic drum sounds;
• FM synthesizer;
• MetaModule (use it to build your own synths/effects);
• Multisample instrument;
• SpectraVoice (FFT-based synthesizer for warm atmospheric sounds);
• Side Chain Compressor;
• 3Band equalizer;
• Loop (for glitch effects);
• Vocal Filter (for human voice simulation);
• Vorbis Player;
• and more ...
[ Bug reports ]
Found a bug? Have some questions? Just write me directly: email@example.com
The answer comes immediately!
Official SunVox homepage + video tutorials:
User manual and FAQ:
Development status of the new version:
What's new in v1.9.4cv1.9.4b/c: bug fixes.
* user files are now available through the Files app;
* partial USB/Bluetooth keyboard support (no key release, no Home/End, no F1/F2/...);
* improved iPhone X display support;
* sound engine optimization;
* indicating the modules whose controllers are tied to the MIDI;
* additional slider for scrolling the controllers when there is not enough space on the screen;
* spectrogram has been added to the to the spectrum analyzer;
* detailed settings of the spectrum analyzer are now available through the main menu -> Preferences -> Modules;
* Amplifier: new controller "Gain" for high amplification (x100, x1000 and higher);
* Analog Generator: new option "True zero attack/release" - turn it on when you need a very fast (instantaneous) zero attack or/and release;
* Analog Generator: new waveforms: "noise with spline interpolation (sampler)", "white noise", "pink noise", "red noise", "blue noise", "violet noise", "grey noise";
* Compressor: new mode "peak zero latency" for compression/limiting without delay; modes "peak" and "RMS" operate with a delay of 1 ms;
* Distortion: new types: "foldback2", "foldback3", "overflow";
* LFO: new waveform "random interpolated" (same as random (5), but with a smoother transition between the signal levels);
* DrumSynth: three additional panning controllers for the bass, hihat and snare;
* Kicker and DrumSynth: panning controller can now be set locally (for each note separately);
* Kicker: "Boost" (old name - "Vol.addition") controller works again after it was accidentally broken in SunVox 1.6 :) (base SunVox version in the project properties must be 1.9.4 or higher);
* MultiCtl: new controllers "Response" and "Sample rate" to smoothly change the output value; response=1000 - immediate change; response<1000 - smooth change; optimal sample rate = 150Hz, please avoid higher values without the urgent need;
* Timeline: new function "set restart position" - use it to change the position which the project should restart from after the project end;
* pattern effect 03 (slide to note): default speed value (XXYY) is 256 (100 in hex);
* new pattern effect 24: take a note from line XXYY on the same track; if the note to the left of the effect is specified, it will be used as the transposition value (relative to C5: c5 - one semitone higher, C4 - one octave lower, etc.); if the module number is missing, then the module number from line XXYY will be used;
* new pattern effect 25: take a random note from the range of lines XX..YY (inclusive) on the same track;
* new pattern effect 26: take a note from track XXYY on the same line;
* new pattern effect 27: take a random note from the range of tracks XX..YY (inclusive) on the same line;
* new pattern effect 28: take a note from line XXYY on track 0;
* new pattern effect 29: take a random note from the range of lines XX..YY (inclusive) on track 0; see example "pat effect 29 random note from trk0";
* module remapping: "pattern" button has been added;
* dialog window shortcuts: Y or ENTER = first button on the left; N = second button; ESC = cancel; 1...9 = buttons from left to right;
* if you enter the file name "exporttest" when exporting to WAV, the SunVox engine speed test will be performed (without saving to disk);
* new keyboard shortcut: CTRL + SHIFT + N - new project;
* new keyboard shortcut: SHIFT + F10 - play from the pattern cursor;
* new instruments: keyboard/NR SuperSaw (lo-fi), analog11, analog12, pads/analog_distorted2, wind/NR Sax;
* new instruments and effects from other users (see the instruments and effects folders);
* new simple examples: idm, pat effect 29 random note from trk0.