Discchord Reader Rating: Needs Votes
This app has not been categorized.
Jun 12, 2021
New App: v1.0
Jun 11, 2021
Jun 10, 2021
Other apps by Frederic Corvest
App Store Description:Warning: you have to run the main application once before using the AuV3.
• 16 Voices Drum Synthesizer and Stereo Sample Player (1 Synth/Sampler per voice)
• 2 oscillators (16 Waveforms) per voice with filters and phase modulation
• 1 sample player per voice with sample position, filters, phase and stereo control
• Advanced Pitch and Amp envelopes with multi control points and delay
• Envelope templates, modifiers and copy/paste
• Mixer page: 16 voices (Multi Output)
• Drum PAD page: voices triggered by drum pad (MIDI OUT and Velocity Sensitive)
• Includes classic drum machines built in presets for inspiration
• iOS AuV3 - Multi Output (If Supported By HOST) - Universal (iPad/iPhone)
Everyone agrees that the drums are a very important key element of almost every genre out there, they are the fondation of a song. We are all fan of acoustic drums and drum machines, they each have different characters and strengths. FAC Drumkit combines both world, samples and synthesis, in order to provide new exciting and unique sounds. As a rule of thumb, the synthesizer section brings the body of the sound, and the sampler the unique character. Both parts are layered together and contain essential parameters to ensure they won't clash and will sit well together.
On top of the samples and synthesizer section, FAC Drumkit brings unique Amp and Pitch envelopes with precise control points to modify the curve in a gentle or extreme way. The envelopes play a very important part in the signal path because, thanks to their flexibility, they allow designing very special transition. Indeed, the envelope of a Clap is probably the best one to illustrate the benefit of such envelopes created by points. The burst kind of sound is very hard to replicate with classic ADSR, it's not the case in FAC Drumkit. Needless to say, thanks to the control points the pitch transitions are also more interesting and precise. The value of each control point can also be altered manually, to set the root note of a kick for example.
FAC Drumkit is for everyone, as sound designer you will be able to synthesize your own drums in a fun and creative way. On the other hand, if you are looking for instant results, use the provided presets or load your favourite sample pack in the sample section of the 16 voices.
• Multiple Outputs support: Multiple output is available by default (1 voice means 1 additional output). In the mixer view your can add or remove voices to/from the main output. Grouping outputs is a host features. Warning: you need an AU host supporting multiple outputs (Cubasis, Dramboo, ApeMatrix, AUM).
• Loading user samples: You can load a total of 16 users samples, one sample (max 1sec) per voice. Long press (hold) on the Sample button to get the menu. FAC Drumkit is not a super sampler and it's focused on drums (transient one). In the version 1.1, the 1 sec duration applies for samples and envelopes.
• Parameters MIDI CC Automation: The following list of parameters can be altered by external sources set in AUM (for all the voices): oscs hpf/lpf(+q), osc2 pitch ratio, sampler hpf/q /lpf/q and voice level. Warning: some hosts are forcing the listing of all parameters! The one not mentioned in the previous list are not supported in 1.1.
What's new in v1.1•Drum PADs: the 16 voices can be triggered by drum pads (MIDI OUT and Velocity Sensitive)
•Optional deactivation of the voices from the main out (Multi Output)
•Long touch on volume slider in mixer allows changing the volume of all voices in one take
•Minor bug fixes