Discchord Reader Rating: Needs Votes
This app has not been categorized.
Jan 02, 2021
Dec 15, 2020
Dec 01, 2020
Nov 26, 2020
Sep 24, 2020
Aug 02, 2020
Jul 14, 2020
New App: $26.99, v2.01
Jun 25, 2020
Other apps by FabFilter
App Store Description:FabFilter Saturn 2 is a high-quality distortion/saturation plug-in with a huge range of distortion models ranging from subtle to screaming vintage amp modelling, multiple frequency bands, hugely flexible modulation system, and a very modern, well-designed user interface.
The Saturn 2 app filters the microphone input and plays it back in real-time. To use Saturn 2 as a plug-in, you need an AUv3-compatible host app like Auria, AUM or Cubasis. Saturn 2 will appear in the list of Audio Unit extensions for effect plug-ins in the host app.
- 28 different distortion styles, from subtle tube saturation to heavy guitar amps and bit crushing
- Multiband processing (up to 6 bands), with optional linear phase processing
- Adjustable slope for the band crossovers, offering 6, 12, 24 and 48 dB/oct options
- Optional HQ modes: Good (8x oversampling) and Superb (32x oversampling)
- Per-band drive, mix, feedback, dynamics, tone and level controls
- Fully redesigned, easy-to-use interface, with interactive multiband display and a new modulation system
- Endless modulation options, with all the 16-step XLFOs, XY controllers/sliders, envelope generators, envelope followers, and MIDI sources you will ever need
- Easy drag-and-drop modulation with 50-slot modulation matrix
- Live modulation visualization for targets and sources
- Curve control in EGs and transient detection in EFs
- Carefully designed and curated factory presets, plus the ability to save your own presets
- Mid/side processing
- External side-chain triggering
- Optional MIDI triggering
- Undo/redo and A/B comparison
"I've found a plugin I can’t live without. There’s not one single type of instrument that can't benefit in some way by having some Saturn on it. [...] Whether you’re looking for a subtle push in the mix or all out audio destruction, Saturn has you covered. Verdict: 9/10!"
— Everything Recording
"The quality of the algorithms is palpable: the amps, tubes and tape types feel suitably 'real' but more sonically interesting than most, and the movement and 'funk' that can be imposed on them is nothing short of dazzling."
— Future Music
What's new in v2.02Fixed a problem that caused the interface to not show up on iOS 14 the first time it is opened.
Improved CPU efficiency for many distortion styles.