Discchord Reader Rating: Needs Votes
Category: Effects Rank in Category:
Jul 06, 2020
Jul 05, 2020
Jul 03, 2020
Jun 21, 2020
Apr 17, 2020
Apr 02, 2020
New App: $4.99, v1.0.1
Apr 01, 2020
Other apps by ToneBoosters
App Store Description:Dual VCF adds motion, shape, and colour. It produces evolving rhythmic movement and complex dynamic filter shapes. It contains dozens of analog filter models with that sought-after sound of the 70s, 80s and 90s. Combined with envelope followers and intuitive modulation editors, it provides almost infinite possibilities for creative aural exploration.
Dual VCF features two filter sections, each supporting dozens of low-pass, high-pass and band-pass filter types. Every type is painstakenly modeled after analog filter types found in analog gear, analog synthesizers, and alike, including non-linear filter behavior. Dial in that characterstic 70s, 80s or 90s filter to add some analog flavor to your tracks!
Each filter's cut-off frequency and resonance can be sequenced with an intuitive, free-running or beat-synced modulation editor. Seamlessly switch between sine, triangle, noise, or user-defined modulation waveforms. In addition, these parameters can also be modulated with the built-in envelope follower.
The ToneBoosters DualVCF app captures the microphone (or external sound card) input and processes the signals in real time. To use it as a plug-in, use an AUv3-compatible host app such as Steinberg Cubasis, Apple Garageband, Audio Evolution Mobile Studio, Auria, AUM, or others. ToneBoosters DualVCF will appear in the list of Audio Unit extensions for effect plug-ins.
How to use DualVCF as AUv3 plugin in a host program, start your favourite AUv3 host app (Steinberg Cubasis, Apple Garageband, Audio Evolution Mobile Studio, Auria, AUM, or others) and add TB DualVCF as Audio Unit insert effect to a track or output bus. See below on how to use Audio Units in various host apps.
- The same professional sound as the acclaimed desktop version
- Two analog filter sections with dozens of filter designs
- Intuitive modulation editor for creative, rhythmic and evolving effects
- Undo/redo, and A/B comparison
- Color themes for the user interface
- Max screen support in Garageband
- Legacy Inter-App Audio (IAA) support
- Optimised for iPad and compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch
Save and export of settings
- The stand-alone app (and IAA app) can load and save settings (locally on iPad, via iCloud, or via iTunes file sharing).
- These Saved files can also be loaded into the desktop version of the plug-in.
- The AUv3 version can export settings to be used in the stand-alone app or desktop version.
What you should know:
- Inter-App Audio (IAA) can only use one instance of this app simultaneously. We recommend to use an AUv3 host to use multiple instances.
- Licenses acquired for this platform (iOS, iPadOS) are not compatible with other platforms.
How to use this app as AUv3 plug-in in Apple Garageband for iOS:
How to use this app as AUv3 plug-in in Steinberg Cubasis for iOS:
How to use this app as AUv3 plug-in in Audio Evolution Mobile Studio for iOS:
What's new in v1.2.4Icon now contains name of app