Discchord Reader Rating: Needs Votes
Category: Sequencers Rank in Category:
Apr 05, 2020
Mar 30, 2020
Mar 04, 2020
Feb 14, 2020
Jan 17, 2020
Dec 27, 2019
Dec 02, 2019
Nov 22, 2019
Nov 13, 2019
Oct 30, 2019
Oct 23, 2019
Sep 07, 2019
Jun 28, 2019
Jun 17, 2019
Jun 06, 2019
New App: $12.99, v1.0
May 31, 2019
Other apps by Woodman's Immaculate...
App Store Description:The WoodStepper is a sequencer/synthesizer/sampler having both audio and midi out.
The audio sources can be the track audio, sampled audio (live/track recorded or from file) or the built-in VCO's.
The VCO notes can also be set by the Chordulator which finds chord notes in a live stream or recorded track.
It consists of 4 independent 8-steps sequencers which can be linked to a 16, 24 or 32 steps sequencer.
Each sequencer can independently be set to Synth mode.
So WoodStepper can be used in any combinations of sequencers, synths and looper/samplers.
Each step can also send 4 midi messages (note on, CC, …) to 2 midi channels.
The audio part for each sequencer has a pitch (down) shifter, (Moog lowpass) filter with A(D)SR envelope, saturator, amplitude A(D)SR envelope and delay line which can all be set independently per step.
The VCO notes can be set by midi input and WoodStepper has a function to limit the notes produced by VCO + pitch shifters to a specified key and interval scale.
The app can be used stand-alone (device audio input and output) or as a plugin in a DAW.
The manual can be downloaded from : http://www.woodmansimmaculatemaplesyrupstudio.be/woodstepper/WoodStepperHelp.pdf
- IOS plugin type : AUv3, IAA and stand-alone app.
- Has 4 independent 8-steps sequencers.
- Each of the 4 sequencers can be set to Synth mode, the steps can then be used to automate parameters while playing.
- Sequencers can be linked to form 16, 24, or 32 steps sequencer(s).
- Each sequencer can have a different timing.
- Steps can be disabled for non 4/4 patterns.
- Each step can send up to 4 midi messages (+ all previous notes off) on 2 midi channels
- Audio sources can be the track audio, sampled audio or 3 VCO's (per sequencer).
- Sampling (audio coming live or from the DAW track) can be armed (per sequencer) with a button or a midi in CC.
- Samples can also be loaded from file (sample files should be in the WoodStepper iCloud folder)
- Each sequencer has it’s own gain, clipping led and brick-wall limiter.
- VCO’s have the usual waveforms and can be modulated in various ways.
- Full polyphonic mode sends 4 subsequent note-ons to the 4 sequencers/synths.
- Para-polyphonic mode (per sequencer) sends notes 2&3 to the sequencer/synth VCO's 2&3, giving max 12 voices.
- Each sequencer/synth can set the range of receiving midi notes (which allows for up to 4 split keyboard regions).
- Each step has a pitch down shifter (sequencer mode only).
- Pitch shifters have a glide control.
- Pitch shifters can be set to a random value (out of a list of scales).
- Pitch values can be harmonically locked to the Just Scale or the Equally Tempered Scale.
- VCO + Pitch can be limited to a specified key + interval scale (e.g. C Major Pentatonic)
- Each step has a 4-pole Moog Lowpass filter with resonance and ASR (sequencer) or ADSR (synth) envelope.
- Steps have an additional high-pass filter and a saturation control.
- All steps have an ASR (sequencer) or ADSR (synth) amplitude envelope and a step gain.
- Each step has its own delay line with independent timing, feedback, and filtering.
- Step audio and delay can be panned independently per step.
- Sequencers can be started manually, started with the DAW transport, start after receiving a midi note or start audio gated.
- Sequencers can be stopped manually or after a number of bars have been played.
- A “Play 1 Step” button allows to finetune step settings
- An “All Steps” button allows to set the same parameter value in all steps.
- Has a global Dry-Wet, Input gain and Output gain control.
- Presets can be stored in iCloud Drive (makes them available on all your devices).
- Presets can be switched with Midi Program Changes or with the "Next Preset" button when running.
- Major controls can be set with Midi CC messages.
- Ableton Link can synchronise tempo, phase and start-stop with other Ableton Link enabled apps.
What's new in v3.3.3- fixed a potential crash in the delay section.
- fixed a resizing bug in the Prev/Next Preset buttons.