Discchord Reader Rating: Needs Votes
Category: Effects Rank in Category:
Mar 17, 2020
Jan 02, 2020
Dec 19, 2019
Dec 02, 2019
Nov 21, 2019
Nov 05, 2019
New App: $6.99, v1.0.0
Sep 27, 2019
Other apps by VirSyn
App Store Description:Matrix Vocoder transforms your voice into an electronic instrument!
The Vocoder was invented by Homer Dudley in the mid-30's of the last century. Dudley worked at Bell Laboratories, and this is where the first Vocoder took shape.
The Matrix Vocoder is designed to properly simulate the classic analog Vocoder sound made famous e.g. by the music of the german band Kraftwerk. At there last world tour they used in fact the PC version of our Matrix Vocoder on stage !
The epic Cylon Robot voice is The basic function of a Vocoder is characterised by an analysis of the input signal, usually speech but other type of inputs can also be very interesting. In a special filter bank, a spectral analysis is performed and signals are developed which follows the amount of spectral energy in each channel. Another part of the analyser tests if there are unvoiced or voiced sounds at any particular time and extracts the pitch of the voiced sounds. The output section of the vocoder consists of a stereophonic synthesis filter bank which assembles the new synthetic speech from the characteristic filter envelopes from the analysis stage together with an external or internal replacement signal.
- 32 channel Filterbank with 8-pole Butterworth analog filters
- Stereophonic synthesis with analog modelled alias free oscillators.
- External carrier possible ( left channel = voice / right channel = carrier )
- Voiced/Unvoiced detection
- Pitch tracking
- Formant shift
- Matrix uses patchbay to connect analysis and synthesis channels.
- Pan position and level for each channel.
- 16 internal oscillators with unlimited voices for choir like sounds.
- Stereo wide panorama parameter for internal generator.
- Optional monophonic generator with Glide setting.
- Internal noise generator.
- Effect AudioUnit and Music Effect AudioUnit
- stand alone / Audiobus 3 / IAA