Discchord Reader Rating: Needs Votes
Category: Synths Rank in Category:
Feb 01, 2020
Jan 28, 2020
Jan 28, 2020
Jan 02, 2020
Dec 23, 2019
Dec 13, 2019
Dec 12, 2019
Dec 06, 2019
New App: $9.99, v1.0
Dec 04, 2019
Other apps by Kai Aras
App Store Description:ShockWave is a monophonic Synthesizer designed to bring modular style workflow to the world of iOS & AUv3 plugins.
Built around the concept of Phase Distortion (PD) Synthesis, Shockwave includes a pair of PD Oscillators each capable of creating everything from pure Sine Waves over smooth Sawtooth and Square Waves to Resonance & Sync sweeps, filtered Noise and more.
In addition to the Synth Voice, ShockWave includes a dedicated control section housing a pair of 8 step sequencers, a sample & hold module as well modules for trigger divisions, logic comparisons and controlled randomness.
A pair of Low Frequency Oscillators and 2 Attack/Sustain/Release (ASR) Envelopes serve as main modulation sources and can be used in a number of ways. Envelopes can be triggered from a number of internal sources including other modules such as trigger divider, logic or chance module but can also be connected to each other allowing for a wide range of patches usually only possible in large modular systems. LFOs are individually tempo sync-able and capable of producing total of 5 different waveforms each.
The two sequencers can run independently or combine to one 16 step sequence where rate and length can be controlled independently for each of the two.
In true modular nature almost any control within ShockWave can be modulated with up to 11 sources - simultaneously. Modulations are setup simply by holding a control and dialling in the desired amount in a list of all available sources. A special X-Ray mode adds a realtime display of all currently active modulations right at their corresponding control making it easy to understand what's happening inside the synthesizer at any given time.
Synth Voice and Control Section are accompanied by built-in Delay and Reverb sections placed on send busses with all of their controls including the send levels being available as mod destinations.
Last but not least, ShockWave features a solid MIDI implementation including support for, aftertouch, velocity, wheels, custom CC mappings and up to 4 dimensions of expression when using MPE compatible controllers, such as the Roli Seaboard, Linnstrument, Geoshred, KB-1 and others.
MIDI Output is supported as well and includes Note and Control Change output generated from various internal sources including Sequencers, Envelopes and LFOs making it possible to control external MIDI gear or chain multiple plugin instances for advanced, self driving patches.
- Semi Modular Monophonic Synth Voice
- Phase Distortion Synthesis (PD)
- Dual PD Oscillators with 5 Waveforms + Noise
- Dual ASR Envelopes with variable trigger source
- Dual LFO with Tempo Sync
- Cross Modulation with Linear/Exp. FM, PM, AM & RM
- Mixer section with individual pan and level controls per oscillator
- Output VCA with variable control source
- Pattern Generator for generating sequences from various internal sources
- Quantizer to force note input into a specific scale (19 Scales + User Scales)
- Step Sequencer with 2x8 or 1x16 steps, individual rate and number of steps per row
- Trigger Divider for dividing internal trigger sources
- Probability Gate for adding controlled randomness
- Sample & Hold for additional randomness
- Logic Module to create triggers from various internal sources
- Built-in Delay & Reverb Effects
- MIDI Note and CC output for controlling external gear or chaining multiple instances
- Semi Modular Architecture
- 11 Modulation Sources
- 40 Modulation Destinations
- 2 Color Themes
- 4D Expression (Glide, Slide, Pressure & Velocity)
- Mod & Pitch-Wheel
- Tempo Sync
- Custom CC Control
- Control Change
What's new in v1.1- Added iPhone Support
- Added an option to change the long press behaviour
- Added welcome dialogue
- Added additional factory patches
- Extended LFO range to go from 0.01hz to 25hz (previously 0.1hz-10hz)
- Sequencer Knobs can now be MIDI mapped
- Changed OSC tune knob range when setting OSC Pitch source to "free" to allow for longer cycles and more precice control
- Fixed an issue where changing MIDI Mode Setting would not work when running the AUv3 plugin
- Fixed an issue where the delay would behave unexpectedly when setting the time control to 0 while having the feedback control at max
- Fixed an issue with UI layout on smaller iPads
- Fixed an issue where BPM sync mode for LFOs would not work properly
- Fixed an issue where the AUv3 did no longer publish a MIDI output port
- Fixed an issue where MIDI output would not work properly when using trigger divider or chance module as a trigger source
- Fixed an issue where last loaded preset would not restore when running standalone
- Fixed an issue where setting program change to affect favorites only would have no effect
- Fixed an issue where the LFO S/H output could generate values outside the valid range