Discchord Reader Rating: Needs Votes
Category: Effects Rank in Category:
Nov 27, 2018
Nov 24, 2018
Nov 19, 2018
New App: $44.99, v1.5
Sep 13, 2018
Other apps by Woodman's Immaculate...
iTunes Description:Woodpressor is a high-end audio compressor.
Although the standalone app can be used as such, it is mainly intended as the license for the AAX, AU and VST plugins which can then be used by any DAW on all your Macs (as long as the standalone app is downloaded from the Mac App Store on that Mac).
Woodpressor has all the classic compressor controls like "Threshold", "Attack", "Release", "Ratio", etc
but also has some extra features not commonly found on other compressors :
- True Auto gain to compare the compression effect only (and not have the "Louder sounds better" effect)
- Adaptive Threshold (allows to still have compression in the more quiet parts of a very high dynamic vocal)
- Tube saturation (Class A and Class AB controls) and a more crude distortion.
- Non-linear Release
- Side chain filter (bandpass, highpass, lowpass or notch)
- Makeup Gain Limiter
- Brick-wall Limiter
- Works on any number of channels (Surround Sound , 3D audio, ...) with an individual weight per channel.
Apart from the DAW foreseen presets, Woodpressor can save/load it's own user presets which are written to iCloud Drive (when enabled).This makes them automatically available (and synced, and backed-up) on all MacOS or iOS devices (to all host apps or DAW's) running Woodpressor.
The AAX, AU and VST plugins can be downloaded from my website and are fully functional but will output 2s of silence every 60s as long as the Woodpressor Mac app is not installed.
What's new in v1.7- Added Brick-wall Limiter
- Added Clip Led
- Added Max dB Out value
- plugins now do resize by scaling (smaller windows)
- fixed gain calculation when Mix was set to negative amount and Tube distort was on.
- fixed small dependency from Tube Class A amount on Distort amount
- BPFilter Listen does not add the Makeup gain any longer (could cause clipping)