Discchord Reader Rating: Needs Votes
Nov 18, 2018
Oct 09, 2018
Sep 05, 2018
Sep 01, 2018
Mar 04, 2018
Mar 03, 2018
Feb 27, 2018
Feb 21, 2018
Feb 02, 2018
Jan 09, 2018
Jan 02, 2018
Dec 31, 2017
New App: $0.0, v1.0.1
Dec 07, 2017
Other apps by AudioKit Pro
iTunes Description:Beautiful Free iPad instrument featuring the classic sounds of famous 80s FM Synthesizers.
"BEST FREE APPS OF 2017" - Electronic Musician Magazine
"BEST iOS APPS – 2017" - Audio News Room (ANR)
We are all volunteers and this was a labor of love, we have spent months lovingly crafting and sampling the sounds.
*** Optimized for newer iPads for best performance.
Note: App will not work on older iPad 4 devices.
• Faithful recordings of famous classic presets from original retro 80s FM Synthesizers
• Over 65+ presets included, completely free!
• Beautiful Reverb, Auto Pan, Bit Crush, Stereo Fatten, and more!
• MIDI in (Play with a MIDI Keyboard)
• Low-pass Filter: Cutoff, Rez, and Filter LFO
• Analog Tape Style Ping-Pong Delay
• Attack/Release envelopes
• GREAT for playing Live with a Keyboard: MIDI Mod Wheel, Pitch Wheel, Program Change, Velocity sensitive sounds, and Sustain Pedal support already added
• Audiobus 3 support. Use these amazing sounds w/ other apps that support AB3 audio & midi. We love Audiobus!
• Basic Inter-App Audio (IAA) integration to work with GarageBand.
• All Knobs have MIDI Learn!
NOTE: This app is intended to be a live instrument controlled with a MIDI Keyboard. The IAA integration is very basic. Thank you. The app does NOT work well with iOS DAWs like Cubasis. We are working on future apps that will work better in DAWs using AUv3.
“Sounds LUSH and Awesome!”
– The Sound Test Room
“Presets sound authentically like the original hardware”
– Electronic Musician Magazine
"I love the sound of it. FM Player proves the iPad can be a great sounding, viable synth."
"Sounds FANTASTIC! Did I mention it's free?"
"Famous DX7 sounds with such clarity... this app captures the magic of the DX7."
- Power DX7 YouTube Channel
"The sound quality is incredible! Absolutely amazing!"
- IOSoundDesign, AudioBus Forum
"Truly sounds like the real deal! DX7 is all about the EPs for me...and this one nails it!" - David A., AudioBus Forum
"So crisp and clean. I had a few 80/90’s flashbacks on some of those presets. Very cool!" – Eros, AudioBus Forum
+ We are all volunteers, we do not get paid anything to make this app. We would be humbled if you checked it out.
• BONUS: All features included Free. Plus, it's Ad Free!
• Official Video:
• Source Code to make your own app available free: http://audiokitpro.com/fmplayer
• Free and open-source, if you like the app, please support it by telling your friends and other musicians. And, leaving great reviews in the App Store! It's quick and helps inspire us to make more apps!
• This app has no affiliation with Yamaha. It is a free & open-source project to bring the joy of music making to the world. We appreciate Yamaha's beautiful instruments.
What's new in v1.1.8Thank you! In this update, we've made FM Player work better with older devices.
+ Plus, Added Playback "Buffer" Setting Feature
You'll find the new buffer choices in the "Settings" button to the upper left of the keyboard.
For older devices, you can set the Buffer higher to reduce crackling.
+ FM Player 2 is in the works. And, you're gonna love it. We're re-engineering FM Player so that we can make it AUv3. Plus, we just made AudioKit Synth One accessible for the Blind and visually impaired. We're on a mission to make music-making accessible to all musicians, worldwide.
+ Plus, we have released a fund-raising app called AudioKit Digital D1. 100% of the proceeds go to the AudioKit Project, and to support free apps like AudioKit Synth One and FM Player for years to come. :)
Please note that we all are volunteers. AudioKit does not have any sponsors or investors. We are all musician/developers who love making apps. Any help spreading the word about this app would be appreciated. The more people that know about the apps, the more musicians can enjoy them! Thank you!
For friendly conversation and bug reports, please email firstname.lastname@example.org