Discchord Reader Rating: Needs Votes
Jan 09, 2018
Jan 02, 2018
Dec 31, 2017
New App: $0.0, v1.0.1
Dec 07, 2017
iTunes Description:Beautiful Free iPad instrument featuring the classic sounds of famous 80s FM Synthesizers.
"BEST FREE APPS OF 2017" - Electronic Musician Magazine
We are all volunteers and this was a labor of love, we have spent months lovingly crafting and sampling the sounds.
• Faithful recordings of famous classic presets from original retro 80s FM Synthesizers
• Over 65+ presets included, completely free!
• Beautiful Reverb, Auto Pan, Bit Crush, Stereo Fatten, and more!
• MIDI in (Play with a MIDI Keyboard)
• Low-pass Filter: Cutoff, Rez, and Filter LFO
• Analog Tape Style Ping-Pong Delay
• GREAT for playing Live with a Keyboard: MIDI Mod Wheel, Pitch Wheel, Program Change, Velocity sensitive sounds, and Sustain Pedal support already added
• Audiobus 3 support. Use these amazing sounds w/ other apps that support AB3 audio & midi. We love Audiobus!
• Basic Inter-App Audio (IAA) integration to work with GarageBand.
• All Knobs have MIDI Learn!
NOTE: This app is intended to be a live instrument controlled with a MIDI Keyboard. The IAA integration is very basic. Thank you. The app does NOT work well with iOS DAWs like Cubasis. We are working on future apps that will work better in DAWs using AUv3.
“Sounds LUSH and Awesome!”
– The Sound Test Room
“Presets sound authentically like the original hardware”
– Electronic Musician Magazine
"I love the sound of it. FM Player proves the iPad can be a great sounding, viable synth."
"Sounds FANTASTIC! Did I mention it's free?"
"Famous DX7 sounds with such clarity... this app captures the magic of the DX7."
- Power DX7 YouTube Channel
"The sound quality is incredible! Absolutely amazing!"
- IOSoundDesign, AudioBus Forum
"Truly sounds like the real deal! DX7 is all about the EPs for me...and this one nails it!" - David A., AudioBus Forum
"So crisp and clean. I had a few 80/90’s flashbacks on some of those presets. Very cool!" – Eros, AudioBus Forum
+ We are all volunteers, we do not get paid anything to make this app. We would be humbled if you checked it out.
• BONUS: All features included Free. Plus, it's Ad Free!
• Official Video:
• Source Code to make your own app available free: http://audiokitpro.com/fmplayer
• Free and open-source, if you like the app, please support it by telling your friends and other musicians. And, leaving great reviews in the App Store! It's quick and helps inspire us to make more apps!
What's new in v1.0.5We know you are all VERY SMART and STABLE GENIUSES! In this update: Minor bugs fixes. Plus, we'd like to reward you: Pitch Wheel and Mod Wheel controls added! (Tip: Try the Mod Wheel on the "EP & String Stack" sound). We are still improving the app and we appreciate all of your nice comments and listen to every suggestion (especially if you leave a 5-star review)! Thanks again!
+ Pitch Wheel
+ Mod Wheel
+ Fixed issue with AudioBus 3 "Not Registering Ports"
Pitch/Mod Wheel Tip: (1) Tap anywhere in the Mod/Pitch Wheels to go directly to that position. (2) You can also drag the indicator. Two ways to interact and play!
+ Background Audio toggle removed. It wasn't really saving power and was causing problems. We realize that FM Player could be more power efficient and we are working on improving it. In the meantime, it might be best to completely close FM Player when you are not using it to save battery. We appreciate your patience with us as we figure this out. <3
Please note that we all are volunteers. AudioKit does not have any sponsors or investors. We are all musician/developers who love making apps. Any help spreading the word about this app would be appreciated. The more people that know about the apps, the more musicians can enjoy them! Thank you!