Discchord Reader Rating: Needs Votes
Dec 10, 2019
Nov 23, 2019
Nov 19, 2019
Nov 08, 2019
Nov 02, 2019
Nov 01, 2019
Oct 31, 2019
Oct 15, 2019
Oct 10, 2019
Oct 04, 2019
Oct 03, 2019
Oct 02, 2019
Oct 01, 2019
Sep 30, 2019
Sep 25, 2019
Sep 21, 2019
Sep 14, 2019
Sep 13, 2019
Sep 06, 2019
Sep 05, 2019
Other apps by AudioKit Pro
App Store Description:Beautiful iPad instrument featuring classic famous 80s FM Synth, EP, and FM Tine sounds. Featured by Apple. Trusted by over 100,000+ musicians worldwide!
App played by HERBIE HANCOCK in the studio!
"Best DX7 Sounds on any Platform" - Power DX7
"Best Sounding FM Synth for iOS" - Ask.Audio
"FM Player is great! It's in my bag for every session" - Henny tha Bizness, 4x Grammy Producer for Jay-Z, Drake, Snoop Dogg, John Legend, 50 cent, and more
"BEST APPS OF 2017" - Electronic Musician Magazine
"BEST iOS APPS – 2017" - Audio News Room (ANR)
“Presets sound authentically like the original hardware”
– Electronic Musician Magazine
FM Player 2 is the secret weapon for major musicians and grammy-winning producers. Now, you can have all these award-winning sounds on your iPad.
*** Optimized for newer iPads for best performance.
Note: App may not work on older iPad 4 devices.
GarageBand Audio Unit (AUv3):
You can run one instance of FM Player 2 as an AUv3 in a GarageBand project. With a host like AUM, you can run 3 or more instances at once.
• Faithful multi-sampled recordings of famous classic presets from original retro 80s FM Synthesizers
• AUv3 Plugin and Standalone support.
• Vintage Arp & 16-Step Sequencer
• 200+ presets and 150+ multi-sampled PCMs included!
• NEW Vintage Stereo Phaser Effect
• 1+ Gigabyte of sounds, compressed to under 300mb!
• Dual layers per voice. KeyboardSplits. Morph between sounds
• Full ADSR Envelopes for each Layer
• 3 LFOs. Fun Routings. LFOs can modify other LFOs.
• NEW FX: Vintage Chorus, Flanger, Amp Simulator, and more
• Beautiful Reverb, Auto Pan, Bit Crush, Stereo Fatten, and more!
• MIDI in (Play with a MIDI Keyboard)
• Analog Tape Style Ping-Pong Delay
• Mono glide & legato modes
• Dual Independent Filters per layer
• Tempo-sync controls & Ableton Link
• GREAT for playing Live with a Keyboard: MIDI Mod Wheel, Pitch Wheel, Program Change, Velocity sensitive sounds, and Sustain Pedal support already added
• All Knobs have MIDI Learn!
NOTE: This app is amazing as a live instrument controlled with a MIDI Keyboard. The main Electric Piano and Full Tines sounds have 20+ layers for maximum expressiveness.
“Sounds LUSH and Awesome!”
– The Sound Test Room
"FM Player proves the iPad can be a great sounding, viable synth."
"The sound quality is incredible! Absolutely amazing!"
- IOSoundDesign, AudioBus Forum
"Truly sounds like the real deal! DX7 is all about the EPs for me...and this one nails it!" - David A., AudioBus Forum
"So crisp and clean. I had a few 80/90’s flashbacks on some of those presets. Very cool!" – Eros, AudioBus Forum
+ We are all volunteers, we do not get paid anything to make this app. We would be humbled if you checked it out. 100% of proceeds go to support the AudioKit open-source project.
• Official Video:
NEW: Use FM Player 2 alone or as an AU plugin in your favorite host:
• Source Code to make your own app available free: http://audiokitpro.com/fmplayer
* This app has no official affiliation with Yamaha or the DX7 or DX7II. FM Player is an open-source project to bring the joy of music making to the world. We appreciate Yamaha's beautiful instruments.
** This app has no official endorsement with any artist or producer named in the description (including Herbie Hancock, Jay-Z, Drake, etc). We are humbled they have used our apps. They have received no payment or otherwise compensation for using our apps. :)
What's new in v2.3Thanks Everyone! You're Totally RADICAL!
• Re-engineered to be more Memory efficient with AUv3
• Reduces Crashes in AUv3
• Better iPadOS Support
• We've got more to go... We're working constantly to improve AudioKit apps for you.
Thanks for your support!
Please note that we all are volunteers. AudioKit does not have any sponsors or investors. We are all musician/developers who love making apps. Any help spreading the word about this app would be appreciated. The more people that know about the apps, the more musicians can enjoy them! Thank you!
Please send friendly notes and music to firstname.lastname@example.org