Discchord Reader Rating: Needs Votes
Jul 08, 2020
Jul 02, 2020
Apr 12, 2020
Apr 10, 2020
Mar 14, 2020
Feb 23, 2020
Feb 11, 2020
Feb 10, 2020
Feb 09, 2020
Jan 30, 2020
Jan 29, 2020
Jan 24, 2020
Jan 14, 2020
Jan 09, 2020
Jan 08, 2020
Dec 22, 2019
Dec 21, 2019
Dec 20, 2019
Dec 10, 2019
Nov 23, 2019
Other apps by AudioKit Pro
App Store Description:Beautiful iPad instrument featuring classic famous 80s FM Synth, EP, and FM Tine sounds. Featured by Apple. Trusted by over 100,000+ musicians worldwide!
Played by HERBIE HANCOCK in the studio!
"Best DX7 Sounds on any Platform" - Power DX7
"Best Sounding FM Synth for iOS" - Ask.Audio
"FM Player is great! It's in my bag for every session" - Henny tha Bizness, 4x Grammy Producer
"BEST APPS OF 2017" - Electronic Musician Magazine
"BEST iOS APPS – 2017" - Audio News Room (ANR)
“Presets sound authentically like the original hardware”
– Electronic Musician Magazine
FM Player 2 is the secret weapon for major musicians and grammy-winning producers. Now, you can have all these award-winning sounds on your iPad.
• Faithful multi-sampled recordings of famous classic presets from original retro 80s FM Synthesizers
• Stand-alone iPad Synth, plus IAA & Audiobus
• Basic AUv3 Plugin support. We're working on upgrading Audio Unit support.
• Vintage Arp & 16-Step Sequencer
• 200+ presets and 150+ multi-sampled PCMs included!
• NEW Vintage Stereo Phaser Effect
• 1+ Gigabyte of sounds, compressed to under 300mb!
• Dual layers per voice. KeyboardSplits. Morph between sounds
• Full ADSR Envelopes for each Layer
• 3 LFOs. Fun Routings. LFOs can modify other LFOs.
• NEW FX: Vintage Chorus, Flanger, Amp Simulator, and more
• Beautiful Reverb, Auto Pan, Bit Crush, Stereo Fatten, and more!
• MIDI in (Play with a MIDI Keyboard)
• Analog Tape Style Ping-Pong Delay
• Mono glide & legato modes
• Dual Independent Filters per layer
• Tempo-sync controls & Ableton Link
• GREAT for playing Live with a Keyboard: MIDI Mod Wheel, Pitch Wheel, Program Change, Velocity sensitive sounds, and Sustain Pedal support already added
• All Knobs have MIDI Learn!
NOTE: This app is amazing as a live instrument controlled with a MIDI Keyboard. The main Electric Piano and Full Tines sounds have 20+ layers for maximum expressiveness.
“Sounds LUSH and Awesome!”
– The Sound Test Room
"FM Player proves the iPad can be a great sounding, viable synth."
"The sound quality is incredible! Absolutely amazing!"
- IOSoundDesign, AudioBus Forum
"Truly sounds like the real deal! DX7 is all about the EPs for me...and this one nails it!" - David A., AudioBus Forum
"So crisp and clean. I had a few 80/90’s flashbacks on some of those presets. Very cool!" – Eros, AudioBus Forum
+ We are all volunteers, we do not get paid anything to make this app. We would be humbled if you checked it out. 100% of proceeds go to support the AudioKit open-source project.
• Official Video:
*** Optimized for newer iPads for best performance.
Note: App may not work on older iPad 4 devices.
• Source Code to make your own app available free: http://audiokitpro.com/fmplayer
* This app has no official affiliation with Yamaha or the DX7 or DX7II. FM Player is an open-source project to bring the joy of music making to the world. We appreciate Yamaha's beautiful instruments.
** This app has no official endorsement with any artist or producer named in the description (including Herbie Hancock, Jay-Z, Drake, etc). We are humbled they have used our apps. They have received no payment or otherwise compensation for using our apps. :)
What's new in v2.4.1THANK YOU, HOPE YOU'RE STAYING SAFE & HEALTHY :)
Quick Fixes: Layers Panel shows up correctly on all iPads now
+ Supports Dark Mode (saving / renaming Presets and Banks now is visible)
Plus 2.4 Updates:
• Added Inter-app Audio (IAA) & Audiobus support
• We're working on improving AUv3. In the meantime, we've added IAA & AB back.
• We also really appreciate everyone who got the new Bass 808 app. Its new code is helping us with this app.
• We've got more to go... We're working constantly to improve AudioKit apps for you.
Thanks for your support!
The app will just get better & better - stay tuned!
Email friendly notes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We're working hard to improve the app for you!
Hope you all stay creative and healthy.
Please take care of yourselves and fellow musicians. <3