Discchord Reader Rating: Needs Votes
Dec 06, 2019
Nov 28, 2019
Sep 23, 2019
Sep 16, 2019
Apr 10, 2019
Apr 06, 2019
Jan 18, 2019
Jan 01, 2019
Nov 27, 2018
Nov 21, 2018
Apr 08, 2018
Apr 01, 2018
Jan 05, 2018
Nov 29, 2017
Nov 28, 2017
Nov 27, 2017
Nov 20, 2017
New App: $5.99
Oct 10, 2017
Other apps by Audio Damage, Inc.
App Store Description:Axon 2 is a drum synth driven by artificial intelligence. (Well, "intelligence" might be a strong word. Artificial something-or-other.) An experimental instrument, Axon uses a modified artificial neural network as a sequencer, and features seven FM-based percussion voices, that are really a single 18-operator FM voice.
If that sounds weird, you ain't seen nothing yet. It is surprisingly intuitive once you get the knack of it, and is capable of all-new, complex rhythms that repeat in surprising ways. It often gets referenced as a "random sequence generator," but there is nothing random in Axon; it is entirely determinative.
The sequencer features seven "neurons" that trigger a voice and send a pulse when they have received a predetermined number of pulses. You can wire the output of any neuron to the input of any other (with built-in loop detection to prevent runaway feedback), and in this manner pre-program the artificial neural network without having to go through a "learning" phase.
The seven individual drum voices, each triggered by its attendant neuron, are 2-operator FM voices in a configuration to best make percussion sounds, with additional FM and AM busses that all voices send to and receive from. Each voice has a HPF, distortion circuit, and white noise generator to provide a full range of percussion-oriented voicing individually, while interacting with each other in new and unique ways.
• Artificial Neural Network sequencer features seven neurons, and is easily programmed to create strange new repeating rhythms.
• Seven FM percussion voices that also buss together to create a single monolithic complex percussion synthesizer.
• Full mixer with pan, level, mute, and solo on each voice.
• Built-in stereo delay with X/Y pad control over feedback and filter frequency, for live playability.
• MIDI input, including Bluetooth MIDI, for driving Axon from DAW and hardware sequencers, and Virtual MIDI Output (standalone only) for driving other software with the Axon sequencer.
• Inter-App Audio, including transport synchronization, in standalone mode.
• Internal transport for non-synchronized playback.
• Resizable vector-based user interface.
• Drawn reciprocation dingle arm to reduce sinusoidal depleneration.
• XML-based cross-platform, human-readable preset system, with copy/paste, for easy transferring of your own presets and third-party offerings.
Please Note: This application will work fine on an iPad Mini, but the user interface may be difficult to use due to the size.
What's new in v2.0.12We have activated the MIDI out feature of Axon. Some things to note:
1. The MIDI note that the particular node outputs is based on the pitch setting of the node.
2. The mixer works when using the MIDI out. The level sliders determine velocity, and mute and solo both work as you'd expect.
3. AUv3 built with iOS SDK prior to iOS 11 do not have MIDI out. So we have to raise the minimum of Axon to iOS 11 to allow this.