YouTuber Ken Karsh did another beautiful guitar performance with Quantiloop!
First official Video done with my Zoom Q2n 4K video/audio recorder with sound recorded direct from my Yamaha board! My love of ELP was/is this inspiration for this Quantiloop performance. Tracks were pre- recorded in free mode utilizing my Martin 00028EC with Baggs pickup and my Fender/Warmoth Jazz bass. All guitars were processed with BIAS FX. I did this live at the WJS Jazz Brunch, but my tapping foot was way too audible. I have to break that habit, it seems...Anyway, this was a labor of love here.
Abigail Macfarlane, developer of Autony, released Cality today! This is an AUv3 MIDI mangler that combines elements from granular synthesis with MIDI; adding additional notes to your performance for a variety of possible uses. This sounds wildly complicated, but the interface looks clean and the results sound great!
Cality iTunes Description:
Cality is a creative midi processor allowing subtle rhythmic enhancement, controlled chaos and everything in between. Add swing or accents, quantise the pitch of notes, use a probability gate or use the cloud module to add addition notes all under midi control
The cloud section takes techniques common in granular synthesis and brings them to the realm of midi notes. It adds additional notes to the ones you are playing. This can be a simple rhythmic accompaniment or it can bring new textures from your synths by generating a cloud of tiny notes almost entering the realms of black midi.
The note sections gives a fully automatable/midi controllable note quantiser with a range of scales, a transposer and the ability to constrain to simple chords as well
The tempo section allows the addition of swing and accents to incoming midi notes as well as providing a probability gate
Cality is great for bringing life to simple midi loops or patterns or for taking you deep into creative realms.
YouTuber Jakob Haq did a detailed tutorial how to efficiently route your audio in AUM with Sends and Buses.
How to setup AUM FX SEND channels PROPERLY! This is a completely new version of my previous video. All of the tutorial parts have been re-recorded and re-edited. Now I made this video as a response to a viewer question about the topic of switching out plugins during live sessions. Tricky thing to do without blasting your speakers due to audio spikes etc.
AUM is a gread audio mixer for both iPad and iPhone. It supports Inter App Audio ( IAA) apps, Audio unit extension ( AUv3 ) plugins and also MIDI plugins.
VOLT Synth, from Kai Aras, got a big update full of fixes and features! Among the new features, you'll find a new preset store. The store launches with a free 16 preset pack of Synth Dub patches, as well as a couple of 64 preset $3 packs from Jakob Haq and Red Sky Lullaby!
What's new in VOLT Synth v1.4:
- Added Preset Store with 3 initial preset packs including over 100 fresh patches from Jakob Haq, Stuart Kilbride and the Numerical Team
- Added 2 New Keyboard Layouts: Scale & Chord
- Added support direct preset import from Files.app (Preset Browser -> Import)
- Added support for fullscreen mode when using the AUv3
- MIDI CC Mappings can now be set right from the main screen
- MIDI CC Mapping and CC Remote Control is now also available in the AUv3 plugin
- Added Info Mode with built-int descriptions for all controls
- Rate controls now update properly when switching between free running and tempo synced modes
- Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to MIDI map parameters with invalid default CC#
- Fixed an issue where scrolling would not work properly when using AUv3 in fullscreen mode
- Fixed an issue where parameter automation and macros would not work properly in NanoStudio 2 (and possible other hosts as well)
- Fixed an issue where the main UI would not layout properly when running on an 11inch iPad
- Fixed an issue where applying velocity cause audible artifacts in some cases
- Fixed an issue where modulating amp level would cause audible artifacts
- Fixed an issue where applying pan-spread could cause audible artifacts in some cases
- Fixed an issue where applying velocity cause audible artifacts in unison patches
- Fixed an issue where the keyboard settings would not layout properly in some cases
- Fixed an issue where some patches could kill the audio engine when loaded from a specific state
- Fixed an issue where CC mappings could not be changed once set
- Performance improvements
- Minor visual tweaks