AUM - Audio Mixer, from Kymatica AB, got a major update! Lots of quality of life improvements are in here; including a speed up to the interminably long app launch. There's also added functionality with 8 more Mix Busses, a newly optimized MIDI engine, and a new interface for AUv3 plugins to expose a single "main" parameter next to the app's node on the mixer interface.
What's new in AUM - Audio Mixer v1.2.6:Big update with lots of improvements, fixes, and new stuff!
- Speed up app launch
- New Save UI with folder picker navigation
- Add search bar to node picker (drag down to reveal it) where you can search for plugins and IAA apps, etc
- Append current date and time to 'Untitled' session name
- Use title of source node for unnamed channels.
- FilePlayer preview: auto-play when tapping preview button
- Tapping 'home' button in chan bookmark menu when already at the start now scrolls to the end
- Bus sends: show amount in dB as well as percent
- Show parameter min/max in MIDI control list for built-in filters etc
- Add time and date in engine status view (tap DSP/battery indicator)
- Various UI layout and transition improvements
- If main audio engine is not running, color play button red and show warning message when tapped
- Allow access to transport controls while Clock Options menu is open
- Use numbers and punctation keyboard for value edit popups
- Various graphics optimizations and pixel-level tweaks
- Sort folders first in file lists
- Various users guide updates
- Add 8 more mix busses
- Add metronome pre-roll-only toggle in Clock Options menu.
- Automatically reset transport when changing pre-roll if not running
- Deactivate audio session when going background and stopping audio. fixes unresponsive audio engine in some cases after switching between apps
- Don't stop engine if disconnected from host unless running in background
- New optimized MIDI engine, with sample accurate timing for AUv3 and IAA midi
- Many improvements for the MIDI matrix: full screen, color coding, icons, activity indicators
- Add MIDI route button in the main top bar for quick access to MIDI matrix
- MIDI source lists: add activity indicators and icons
- Allow swiping to clear an assigned MIDI parameter, swipe on a subpage for 'CLEAR ALL'
- Handle MMC deferred play message (same as play)
- If AUv3 plugin has only one MIDI out, don't name it
- Various fixes for MIDI SysEx
Audio Unit Extensions:
- Allow plugins to expose a single main parameter to display next to the node. (default to first parameter returned from parametersForOverviewWithCount)
- Use the parameter tree hierarchy when listing parameters
- Add 'last time used' sort mode for AU plugin node picker
- Add show-own-controls toggle (for plugins built-in keyboard etc)
- Show param min/max in MIDI control list
- Allow plugins to update their shortName dynamically
- Clip plugin MIDI output timestamps in case they are out of bounds
- Call selectViewConfiguration after resize
- Avoid crash when removing channel with a node that receives MIDI from an AU and has a bus output/send.
- Fix occasional crash when MIDI learning parameter
- Use actual filename as title when loading session from file. Avoids confusion after renaming files
- IAA nodes: fix rare crash after ejecting node
- Various layout fixes for recent iOS device models
- Fix crash when Link tempo drops fast in some configurations
- Fix crash when enabling MIDI clock send while already running
- Bus Sends: fix double-tap for default value
Mitch from TheAudioDabbler did a video to showcase the new features in this update.