Bram Bos released Hammerhead Rhythm Station! This is a recreation of Bram Bos' 1997 desktop app of the same name. This modern take includes a fun and, relatively unique, rhythm sequencer. It was so much fun that Bram managed to get a whole lot of people to contribute presets for this one. I've even got a couple in there with samples collected from my favorite personal kits.
Hammerhead Rhythm StationThe little shark is back. After 25 years, the new Hammerhead is a fresh, mobile reinterpretation of the classic software drum computer that started it all.
Hammerhead is still simple, fun and playful. It still feels like a little 90s groovebox. Except this time it fits in your pocket, it integrates in your plugin ecosystem and comes with a lot more creative possibilities...
- Pick from dozens of classic sounds and loops, or import your own WAVs
- Use the built-in drum synth to design your own kicks, bobs, tocks and thwacks
- Runs standalone and as a state-of-the art AUv3 Audio Unit plugin (e.g. in Garageband)
- AU plugin supports individual outputs per channel, MIDI output and fullscreen modes
- Trigger sounds and patterns using MIDI (when hosted as an AU plugin)
- One-click compression and distortion, with several sound models
- Let the universe decide: random pattern generator, mutation, glitch and much more
- Easily create complex evolving polyrhythms
- Designed for creative fun: no menu diving or arcane expert settings. Just dive in and create
Find the manual on Ruismaker.com
YouTuber Pete Sasqwax talks us through the concept for his 8x8 preset bank! The audio on this is quite low, but Pete is an interesting guy to listen to.