What's new in ID700 v1.8:• Add MIDI Sustain Pedal support
• Add Tuning import
• Add navigation to the correct browser screen after importing a Tuning, Waveshape, or
Vibin Oy released SONGEN - Make Music & Beats back in December. I was pretty skeptical when I found a video for it from iPad Beat Making, but I was impressed by the content that had been coming out. $9 per month strikes me as an expensive song generation service, but I remain impressed by how much content he has been adding for customers.
Here are all of the updates that have come out just since I posted about it last in March.
What's new in SONGEN v1.0.14:- Improved Techno lead
- Slight adjustments to Boom Bap to better represent the genre
- Extensions to lead composition
- Improved onboarding experience
What's new in SONGEN v1.0.13:- Latin genre received a major update addressing recent trends
- Synthwave received a hint of Retrowave influence and more variance
- Rock comp guitar is now more natural
What's new in SONGEN v1.0.12- New genre: Westcoast Rap
- New instruments: G-Funk bass & Westcoast lead
- Improved midi export: all midi tracks are normalized to same velocity range and the range can be adjusted, defaulting to 100. This makes it easier to finish the track in any DAW
- New feature: toggle to fix all notes' velocity to given value when exporting midi files
What's new in SONGEN v1.0.11- Select genre separately for each track. Create interesting combinations between genres. Genres can also be mixed "thoroughly" as previously.
- Major update to arrangements: create more detailed arrangements with more granular building blocks.
- New feature: Export audio or video in seamless mode. Create seamlessly repeating loops with precise total duration. Loop tempo can be adjusted while arranging the song and the total duration is displayed with millisecond accuracy.
- Refresh to a few music genres to keep them up-to-date with modern styles: Trap, Drill, EDM, Rock
- New bass sound: Growl - the kind of bass that's commonly used in Trap and Drill to create those super low frequency lines
- Another new bass sounds: Dirty 808 - heavy-hitting bass sound for modern trap & drill genres
What's new in SONGEN v1.0.10- New genre: Techno
- Improved chord progressions
What's new in SONGEN v1.0.9- New genre: Rock
- Export multiple midi files at once
What's new in SONGEN v1.0.8- Fix to a compatibility issue related to importing separated drums format in Cubasis 3
- Minor fixes to drum export mappings
What's new in SONGEN v1.0.7- New feature: Integrate Songen seamlessly with iOS DAWs such as NanoStudio 2 and Cubase 3. This makes the drum notes to play correctly out of the box when Songen-generated midi is imported.
- New feature: Automatically match genre tempos when mixing multiple genres with significantly different tempo ranges. For example: Boom Bap tempo (around 75bpm) is doubled when mixing with Trap (around 135bpm). This feature can be toggled on/off under the tempo options on Premium. It's activated by default (Free).
- Genre names are now encoded in the exported file name when no custom name to the song is given
NPR Music featured Sir Thomas John Woodward in a hell of a Tiny Desk Concert. This space is confounding. I'm terrified of the reflections that should be bouncing off those bricks, but everything sounds amazing!
The Tiny Desk is working from home for the foreseeable future. Introducing NPR Music's Tiny Desk (home) concerts, bringing you performances from across the country and the world. It's the same spirit — stripped-down sets, an intimate setting — just a different space.
Bob Boilen | June 7, 2021
We're publishing this Tom Jones Tiny Desk (home) concert on his 81st birthday. It's a poignant moment in the life of a singer whose career spans 56 years and more than 100 million records sold; the passing of his wife, Linda, in 2016 after 59 years of marriage was devastating and resulted in the longest break between recordings of his career. But now Tom Jones is back with a new album, Surrounded By Time, and ready to share his deepest feelings, channeling songs by others with a voice still rich and muscular. It's a triumphant return to the Tiny Desk (his first visit was in 2009), and it's the first time he's performed these songs since recording them last year.
The songs on the album (and for this Tiny Desk) deal so eloquently with time and aging. Tom Jones sings Bob Dylan's "One More Cup Of Coffee" and going "down to the valley below." Then, he takes on Malvina Reynolds' folk tune "There's No Hole In My Head" and turns it into a fierce statement about being yourself.
When Tom Jones was 33, and after one of his infamous shows in Las Vegas, jazz composer Bobby Cole presented him with the song "I'm Growing Old." With lyrics including "I'm growing dimmer in the eyes / I'm growing fainter in my talk / I'm growing deeper in my sighs / I'm growing slower in my walk." Tom Jones didn't feel old enough to do it justice, but he held on to it. His performance here brought me to tears and is well worth the wait.
• "One More Cup of Coffee"
• "There's No Hole In My Head"
• "I'm Getting Old"
• Tom Jones: vocals
• Ethan Johns: guitar
• Nick Pini: bass
• Stephanie Ward: keys
• Jeremy Stacey: drums
• Video: Dan Shipton, Ross Nicholson
• Audio: Dom Monks
• Special thanks to Black Skull Creative
TINY DESK TEAM
• Producer: Bob Boilen
• Video Producer: Maia Stern
• Audio Mastering: Josh Rogosin
• Associate Producer: Bobby Carter
• Tiny Production Team: Kara Frame, Gabrielle Pierre
• Executive Producer: Keith Jenkins
• Senior VP, Programming: Anya Grundmann
#nprmusic #tinydesk #tomjones
Pascal Douillard, the renegade that left Fingerlab to bring us DM2, has released DrumLab. This new drum app combines synthesis with samples. This is my own preferred combination, since you can get the best of both worlds packed into a single drum hit.
DrumLabDRUMLAB brings a new approach to the Drum Machine by allowing you to play with both Samples & Synthesis drum sounds. With a powerful and easy to use graphic editor to create and manipulate sound, it is packed with 76 ready-made samples and synthesis Drum Kits. You can mix and match any sound from any drum kits to any track of your song. Play a song and load any drum kits (from factory kits or from any other songs) to listen to a completely new song every time. What’s in the box :
◊ 7 Sound Engines including a graphical Sampler
◊ 61 Drum Kits including 24 Classic kits
◊ 20 Stereo Effects including 3 Reverbs
◊ Fully Automatable engines, mixer and effects
Sound Engines include :
◊ OSCILLATOR Engine
◊ KICK Engine
◊ SAMPLE Engine
◊ CLAPS Engine
◊ AM/FM Engine
◊ TYMBAL Engine
◊ DRONE Engine
DRUMLAB is fully automatable and comes with 76 ready made drum kits:
◊ 24 Vintage Audio Drum Kits
◊ 38 Modern Audio Drum Kits
◊ 14 Syntheses Drum Kits
As well as 20 hi-quality stereo effects:
◊ Ping Pong
◊ Tap Delay
◊ Grain Delay
◊ Ring Mod
◊ Reverse Pitch
◊ Classic Reverb
◊ Tone Reverb
◊ Box Reverb
◊ Big Compressor
DRUMLAB offers 6 main sections:
1 - THE STEP SEQUENCER takes advantage of the iPad multi-touch screen for fast and creative patterns drawing. The Sequences handles 16 or 32 steps patterns and is polymeric. Each track can have its own length. Just gently tap and drag the blue handle at the right end of each track. Triplets, Duets, Quadriplets steps can also be added for more complex rhythms.
2 - THE DRUMS PAGE is a powerful graphic Audio Engine editor. Parameters are displayed as graph for visual feedback an d easy of use. Play, experiment and discover new sounds. Don’t forget to tap the little magnifying glass on the bar title of each graph, it will expand the graph to a bigger size for extra precision.
3 - THE PADS PAGE simply lets you play and record any beat that tickles your fingers, with automatic quantize so that you don’t miss a beat. With a Beat Repeat effect for extra fun.
4 - THE MIXER PAGE for quick and subtle sound mixing of your drum kits. Large and spacey so that you can get the big picture. Pan and Solo included.
5 - THE FX SECTION offer a powerful Quad Pads Effect processors. You can stack up to 4 effects at the same time and pick amongst a list of 20 available stereo effects. All effects can be either auxiliary or master effects. All effects are automatable.
6 - THE SONG PAGE allows you to quickly build a song with the patterns you have created. Just drag and drop the patterns onto the timeline. Each pattern in a song can be repeated for compact Song composition.
DRUMLAB is Ableton Link compatible.
• Pure Data powered Audio Engine
• 7 Audio Engines
• 61 ready-made electronic drum kits
• 20 hi-quality stereo effects
• Engines, Mixer and Effects parameters are fully automatable
• Step Sequencer with multi-touch matrix
• Triplets, Duets, Quadriplets steps
• 16 or 32 Steps per patterns
• Polymetric Sequencer
• Graphic Audio Synthesis editor
• Copy and Paste sounds
• Save your own drum kits
• Export your own drum kits
• Import drum kits
• Export your song
• Import songs
• 9 Pads to play and record patterns
• With Beat Repeat effect
• Full screen Mixer with volume, pan and solo mode for each track
• 4 FX Pads for your Master Effects chain : Compressor | Overdrive >>> Phaser | Chorus >>> Delay >>> Reverb
• Mode song with easy building and pattern repeat
• Audio background mode
• Audiobus support
• Full Midi implementation
• Inter-App Audio support
• Ableton Link compatible
• Import DM2 songs (to extent, DRUMLAB has a new filter that may responds differently)
Visit us : audionomy.fr
Contact us : firstname.lastname@example.org
New music duo chisel316 and daughter Dominique cover the Cyndi Lauper classic Time After Time.
We're back with another 80s cover song. This time it's the beautiful Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper. We hope you enjoy it.
This song was made with Roland Boutique JU-06/JP-08, Yamaha Reface CS, Behringer Pro-1 and lots of iPad apps. Guitar backing track from karaoke-version.com.