Moog is out at Detroit's Movement Electronic Music Festival, and to celebrate Detroit's Techno history they had 4 of Detroit's Techno Producers put together a huge preset pack. And it is free!
Moog would like for you to sign-up for their mailing list, in exchange for the pack, by visiting their site here. I've been playing with it a bunch this morning and I think it is worth recommending. There are a lot of good sounds in here, with 51 presets in all. Watch out for switching between sets from different producers though, as the volume levels are wildly different! The first few from Carl Craig are quiet, and then the next bunch from Juan Atkins are crazy loud.
Unlike the Animoog Store presets, this does not include any new timbres, and you'll need to install it via iTunes File-sharing. The instructions for doing so are:
- Download the file to your computer and unzip it.
- Launch iTunes on your computer with your iPad connected
- In the DEVICES list on the left, select your iPad
- Select the the APPS tab at the top of your iTunes window
- Scroll down to FILE SHARING in the center iTunes Window
- Select Animoog and then click the ADD button on the right
- Select all the files in the unzipped folder named "Movement 2012 Preset Pack"
- Click the OPEN tab (This will load all the Presets onto your iPad)
- Launch Animoog and select the SETUP tab Select "Import Presets"