Wolfgang Palm has released his second iOS app, WaveMapper!
This time around the inventor of Wavetable Synthesis is trying to make his baby more approachable and intuitive.
PPG WaveMapper features the Sound Map, which maps the various sounds in a way to easily access and experiment with them, more importantly the PPG WaveMapper features a new synthesis system which maps the waveforms of a sound into a new kind of wavetable which preserves the sound characteristics better than classic Wavetable synthesis and at the same time allows for the manipulations which make WT synthesis so unique.
The Mapping window is the visualisation of a pool of programs on which “modules” float. Those modules represent certain parameters of the synthesiser engine and each module can be placed on one of 32 programs. The moment an item is placed on map then the parameters of that module will take on the settings of those parameters in the underlying program on the Mapping window.
People who do not posses synth-programming skills can use this mapping technology as a starting point to create complex sounds. For example a user can drag a string sound source onto a drum envelope, or a guitar sound onto a string envelope – the concept is simple, yet incredibly powerful.Power users can delve deep into the back end of any sound using a full set of professional features:
- New Sound map concept – create new sounds playful and experimental
- 3 types of synthesis – the optimal type for kind of each sounds
- Classic wavetables – for the typical PPG sounds
- Time compressed samples – more authentic sounds, allowing analysis of user samples
- Pure samples – classic sample playback Analyzer – convert your own samples into the new format or into wavetables
- 3 oscillators capable for totally independent sound sources
- 90 sound resources – a huge sound palette, from real instruments to abstract wavetables
- 4 parameter editor pages – comfortable and detailed access to all the parameters
- 3 Noise generators, for audio and modulations
- Classic 24 dB Lowpass Filter, combined with an overdrive simulation.
- Dual amplifier, for versatile control of 2 audio signals as well as panning.
- 13 Envelopes, for independent control of pitch, waveform, filter and noise
- gain and panning
- 4 LFOs – with 5 waveforms
- Delay/Reverb effect
- Schematic touch keyboard – Build your own keyboard, with the keys you prefer for your music.
- Powerful sound browser – sorting by category, bank management
- Virtual and Hard-MIDI in/out – sending/receiving keys and controllers.
- Audiobus support.
- 10 min audio recording and Audio copy.