Today the Mobile Music Advent Calendar brings us nanoloop for just $1! This is one of the apps that started it all for mobile music, originally on the Gameboy. Now you can have the same experience on the iPhone for just $1!
This update for Holderness Media's Echo Pad includes a lot of new features! Among them is support as either an Input or Output in the Audiobus graph. The much anticipated use of Echo Pad as a Filter in Audiobus will be coming in a later update.
What's new in 1.1:
Audiobus Input and Output app support!
Additional new features:
- Route main looper through FX. Record into the main looper, then process it.
- Paste audio into Main Looper. Paste audio to be automatically recorded and looped in the main sound on sound looper.
- Paste audio to scratch loopers. Paste audio from other apps to load directly into the scratch loopers using AudioPaste.
- Export/AudioCopy Scratch Loop to Pasteboard. Export and AudioCopy current contents of scratch loopers to the pasteboard.
- Export Scratch Loop to AudioShare. Export current contents of scratch loopers directly to AudioShare.
- Audio Trigger loop record: Trigger loop recording with incoming audio.
- New delay type: "Shimmer" octave up pitch shift delay, inspired by my favorite blue pedal (rhymes with ES-3)
Amidio, makers of Seline, have released their latest iPad app! MINT.io is a groove box, with real-time controls for actually playing it instead of just hitting play. This looks really fun, but it is unfortunately iOS 6 restricted.
MINT.io (Music In No Time) defines a new era in mobile electronic music creation. It is a revolutionary scale-based, intelligent Groovebox, aimed at live House, Dubstep and Breakbeat performances, built under the paradigm of one-screen interface in order to achieve maximum realtime tweak ability.
You don't have to spend ANY time preparing for your jam session. MINT.io is designed to produce original electronic tunes literally in SECONDS after you start the app, even in the Free mode. There is an unlockable Premium mode (via in-app purchase) for maximum fuinctionality.
5 Sound Generators
- Oktane: 8-Track Drum machine
- Menthol: Ultra Bass Synth with B.E.A.S.T. Analog-Modelled LP Filter, Wobble Control, + Slide and Octave
- Raindrop Vibe Twins: Unique "Pond" Synth with "Freeze" feature
- Chiller: Automatic Chord Synth with 7 Trancegate patterns and Sidechain Simulation
- Noise Machine: Comes as an extra Master FX
Even more sonic goodness
- Extra-quality, fast access LP/HP filters on each channel
- Randomize Drum & Synth tracks by tapping twice on the ABCD buttons
- Randomize ALL feature
- Automatic Drum & Synth Pattern Sequencer with Polyrhythm ability
Styles and FX
- 5 Master FX: Glitch, Synced Repeater, VibeGlitch, Noise Machine, BitCrusher
- Channel FX: Synced Delay & Mega Reverb
- Realtime adjustable Tempo & Swing
- 3 Drum Styles for random generation: House, Breakbeat, Dubstep
Steinberg have released Cubasis, a version of their popular Cubase DAW for iPad! Steinberg's new app directly competes with Auria in both price and features. Unlike Auria, you can sequence other apps with Virtual MIDI. Also unlike Auria, they do not seem to be offering the third-party VST support Auria is going for, which is kind of amusing since VST is a Stienberg technology.
Thanks to Bianca and Hoyas79 for this news!
Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. Record tracks in CD audio quality, and edit your music with the Key and Sample Editors, while the included mixer and audio effects polish your song to perfection. Cubasis comes loaded with dozens of virtual instrument sounds which can be played in real time using the virtual keyboard and drum pads. Cubasis’ projects can be even opened in Cubase under Windows and OS X! Cubasis places touch-intuitive production tools in your hands, opening up a new world of possibilities for your creativity.
Key features• Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks (Not really, see below.)
• Over 70 virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic
• MixConsole with over 10 effect processors
• Over 300 MIDI and audio loops
• Virtual keyboard and virtual drum pads
• Sample Editor and Key Editor
• Export projects to Cubase, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy and email
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• Sequence other CoreMIDI apps (MIDI recording only) and run Cubasis simultaneously via background audio
• Audio import from iTunes music library, AudioPaste, Wi-Fi server and iTunes file sharing
• Audio mixdown and MIDI export
Polyphony:• 48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
• 64 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4