YouTuber DJ Kutski recreated prog-metal band DragonForce's Through The Fire and the Flames on the Nintendo Switch version of Gadget!
I remade the infamous Through The Fire and the Flames by one of my favourite bands DragonForce using Korg Gadget for Nintendo Switch. I wanted to theme the remix so I used the new Otorii and Ebina instruments in addition to some of the original chiptune synths to make a pseudo 8 bit version of the track :)
At the end of the video I have added the QR code for the project so if you have Korg Gadget on any other platforms you can scan the codes to download the project!
Have fun and just please be sure to credit me on any derivative works you publish based on my project :)
ANILOG's colorful interface grabbed my attention this week, and pulled me into it's fun 80's sounds! Once again we have a new iOS synth that continues to innovate, offering a unique sound design method.
Amy Lee's second app is a truly unique synth tailored towards making lively 80's sounds.
Last month desktop developer ToneBoosters dipped their toes into AUv3 with TB Equalizer, and this week they've released TB Reverb! This pretty reverb app is $6 and can be used in both IAA and AUv3 hosts.
Thank you to reader WilliamC for bringing this to my attention, because it nearly slipped past me!
TB Reverb App Store Description:
ToneBoosters Reverb is a studio-quality, professional reverberation plug-in with an unrivalled workflow, unlimited creative use and a gorgeous, functional user interface.
The ToneBoosters Reverb app captures the microphone input and processes the signals in real time. To use it as a plug-in, use an AUv3-compatible host app such as Steinberg Cubasis, Apple Garageband, Audio Evolution Mobile Studio, Auria, AUM, or others. ToneBoosters Reverb will appear in the list of Audio Unit extensions for effect plug-ins.
- Studio-grade reverberation including early reflections
- The same professional sound as the acclaimed desktop version
- Full control over room size, width, density, depth, mass
- Integrated equalizer to shape the reverberation character
- Ability to modify reverberation time across frequency
- Compression, ducking and gating for dynamic reverberation effects
- Flexible, beat-synced LFO that can modulate almost everything!
- Dual pitch-shift shimmer module for out-of-this-world reverberation
- Reverb freeze option
- Eco mode for lower CPU load on complex projects
- Undo/redo, and A/B comparison
- Color themes for the user interface
- Max screen support in Garageband
- Legacy Inter-App Audio (IAA) support
- Optimised for iPad and compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch
What you should know:
- Inter-App Audio (IAA) can only use one instance of this app simultaneously. We recommend to use an AUv3 host to use multiple instances.
- Inter-App Audio (IAA) will only work with a single (mono) channel without an external (stereo) input source. The AUv3 version will support up to 8 channels (7.1).
- Licenses acquired for this platform are not compatible with other platforms.
- Audio Unit extensions require an iPad mini 2, iPad 4 or later models.
Planet-H released G-Stomper Producer, a massive DAW for Android! This packs a lot of instruments into one app, including instruments from their other apps like the VA-Beast Synthesizer.
Contest: I have 10 copies to give away! I rarely have Android codes to give out, so I want to make sure this is going to go to people who can use it. Please double-check that you have an Android device that can run the demo version. If you're good then comment here for a chance to win!
Contest closed! Congratulations to STATICASYLUM, Rodrigo Fróes, Sadire, DiegoC, jthevaal, Philandering Bastard, senhorlampada, disappearer, bcomnes, and EduLouvize!
G-Stomper Producer App Store Description:
G-Stomper Producer is a fast and flexible Music Sequencer and Digital Audio Workstation, designed for use in live performance as well as for production. It comes with a powerful Drum Sampler, a polyphonic and multi-timbral Virtual Analog Performance Synthesizer (VA-Beast), Sounds, Effects, Sequencers, Pads and Keyboards, a graphical Multi-Track Song Arranger, and many other creative features that help you to create your own music.
Jam live, improvise and let the music happen spontaneously, play patterns of different lengths/quantizations, simultaneously and in any combination, without having to stop the sequencer at any time, and finally write your creation down as a Song.
Instruments and Pattern Sequencer
• Sampler/Drum Machine : Sample based Drum Machine, max 24 Tracks
• Sampler Note Grid : Monophonic Melodic Step Sequencer, max 24 Tracks
• Sampler Drum Pads : 24 Drum Pads for live playing
• VA-Beast Synthesizer : Polyphonic Virtual Analog Performance Synthesizer (Advanced FM support, Waveform and Multi-Sample based Synthesis)
• VA-Beast Poly Grid : Polyphonic Step Sequencer, max 12 Tracks
• Piano Keyboard : On various Screens (8 Octaves switchable)
• Timing & Measure : Individual Swing Quantization, Time Signature, and Measure per Track
• Line Mixer : Mixer with up to 36 Channels, Parametric 3-band Equalizer + 2 Insert Effect Units per Channel
• Effect Rack : 3 chainable Effect Units
• Master Section : Master Out, Parametric 3-band Equalizer, 2 Insert Effect Units
• Tempo Track : Dedicated Sequencer Track for Tempo Automation
• Pattern Arranger : Live Pattern Arranger with 64 concurrent Patterns per Track
• Scene Arranger : Up to 64 Scenes for creative Live Arrangements
• Song Arranger : Graphical Multi-Track Song Arranger with up to 39 Tracks
• Audio Editor : Graphical Sample Editor/Recorder
• Ableton Link: Play in sync with any Link-enabled app and/or Ableton Live
• Full round-trip MIDI integration (IN/OUT), Android 5+: USB (host), Android 6+: USB (host+peripheral) + Bluetooth (host)
• High Quality Audio Engine (32bit float DSP algorithms)
• 47 Effect Types: 4 Compressor/Limiter types, 4 (8-Band) Vocoders, 8 Resonant Filters, Gate, Transient Shaper, Chorus/Flanger, 2 Phasers, Tremolo, Auto Panner, 5 Delays, 2 Reverbs, 2 Pitch Shifters, Granulator, Stereo Enhancer, Stereo Tool, Exciter, Bottom Booster, Bit Crusher, Waveshaper, Distortion, 2 Overdrives, Saturation, Bender Distortion, 2 Equalizers, Pan/Vol
+ Side Chain Support, Tempo sync, LFO's, Envelope Followers
• Per Track/Voice Multi-Filters
• Real-Time Sample Modulation
• User Sample Support: Uncompressed WAV or AIFF up to 64bit
• Tablet optimized
• Full Motion Sequencing/Automation Support
• Import MIDI files/songs
Full Version only
• Support for additional Content-Packs
• WAV File Export, 8..32bit up to 96kHz: Sum or Track by Track Export for later use in the Digital Audio Workstation of your choice
• Real-Time Audio Recording of your Live Sessions, 8..32bit up to 96kHz
• Export Scenes as MIDI for later use in your favorite DAW or MIDI Sequencer
• Share your exported Music