After nearly a year of teasing, the popular keyboard-practice game Synthesia is now available for iPad!
Synthesia is like Guitar Hero, for Piano, but instead of just a handful of songs you get any songs you can find in MIDI format!
Learn to play the piano using falling notes! Get started right away, even if you don't know how to read sheet music.
Enjoy playing songs right on the iPad touchscreen or connect a MIDI keyboard, put your iPad right on the music stand, and play using real keys!
- Synthesia will wait until you hit the correct note in melody practice.
- Practice sections repeatedly by creating a loop.
- Show sheet music along with the falling notes.
- Keep time using the built-in metronome.
- Learn each hand individually.
- Hints for which fingers to use are included in all the built-in songs.
- You can add your own finger hints to songs you import.
- Compatible with the lights in most keyboard models with lighted keys.
- Choose from more than 100 different instrument sounds.
- More than 20 songs are available immediately.
- A single unlock lets you play any MIDI song ever, including the rest of the 150+ built-in songs and any that you import using iTunes File Sharing or using the "Open in Synthesia" option in other apps.
There aren't any videos out yet for the iPad specific Synthesia, but there are hundreds of videos for the PC/Mac version.
HD Piano does a particularly good job of them, making tutorials out of a slowed down version of popular songs. He gives away the first part of most songs on YouTube, but you need to subscribe for the second half. Here is Virtual Insanity, by Jamiroquai.