There is a lot of excitement about the Volca's coming to the West, but I've been seeing a lot of misinformation in forums about the Volca Bass. So I put together a video to demonstrate the Acid capabilities of Korg's $150 analog monosynth, while comparing it to a TT-303, as well as providing some tips! I even run it through a Sunsine Audio Vanishing Point.
Reader Baddcr has been working hard for many months on a community site dedicated to sharing patches/presets for iOS apps:
The idea for SynthPatcher came from discussions here on discchord, so I'm very proud to announce the launch here! In addition to patch sharing there are forums, free presets, and plans for users to be able to sell their patches and earn commissions!
The site is supported by membership subscriptions of £1.00 per month, which works out to about $1.60 or €1.20. Membership is required for access to the forum. This keeps the site ad free and spammers out of the forum.
Rheyne is back with even more elaborate lighting! Now his studio lights are being controlled by the instruments themselves!
Live looping with Ableton Live. All loops are recorded live. Nothing was pre-recorded. All lighting is completely controlled by the instruments via an Enttec DMXIS and Max for Live. Video monitors are displaying Nullsoft's Winamp (Milkdrop) reacting to the audio in realtime.
Download or stream the audio at SoundCloud: http://snd.sc/1hMrIX7
- DSI MoPho keyboard
- Akai APC20
- Novation Launchpad
- DJ TechTools MIDI Fighter 3D
- iPad running Lemur w/ iConnectMIDI
- iPad running Animoog
- KMI QuNeo - NI's Battery (drums)
- KMI QuNexus NI's Kontakt (piano)
- Oxygen25 - NI's Massive
- Enttec DMXIS
- PreSonus 1818VSL
- Macbook Pro running Ableton Live and Max
Echo Pad has been updated with support for Inter-App Audio, along with a demo of it in action as an effect in Auria!
What's new in Echo Pad v1.5:
- Inter-app audio support on iOS 7! (use Echo Pad as an effect inside Auria and other compatible Inter-App Audio hosts)
- added "Import from AudioShare" for opening soundfiles directly from AudioShare into Scratch Looper 1
- added option for sharing presets via Open In (tap the preset you'd like to share, then long press for options to "Email" or "Open in…")
- when Echo Pad becomes disconnected from Audiobus, it will now shut its audio engine down after 10 seconds of idle time in the background in order to save battery/CPU.
EpicTutorials' Eliot reviews the iRig Pro, following his review of the iRig HD, along with a disturbing/amusing Walk This Way cover!