Steinberg have released Cubasis, a version of their popular Cubase DAW for iPad! Steinberg's new app directly competes with Auria in both price and features. Unlike Auria, you can sequence other apps with Virtual MIDI. Also unlike Auria, they do not seem to be offering the third-party VST support Auria is going for, which is kind of amusing since VST is a Stienberg technology.
Thanks to Bianca and Hoyas79 for this news!
Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. Record tracks in CD audio quality, and edit your music with the Key and Sample Editors, while the included mixer and audio effects polish your song to perfection. Cubasis comes loaded with dozens of virtual instrument sounds which can be played in real time using the virtual keyboard and drum pads. Cubasis’ projects can be even opened in Cubase under Windows and OS X! Cubasis places touch-intuitive production tools in your hands, opening up a new world of possibilities for your creativity.
Key features• Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks (Not really, see below.)
• Over 70 virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic
• MixConsole with over 10 effect processors
• Over 300 MIDI and audio loops
• Virtual keyboard and virtual drum pads
• Sample Editor and Key Editor
• Export projects to Cubase, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy and email
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• Sequence other CoreMIDI apps (MIDI recording only) and run Cubasis simultaneously via background audio
• Audio import from iTunes music library, AudioPaste, Wi-Fi server and iTunes file sharing
• Audio mixdown and MIDI export
Polyphony:• 48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
• 64 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4