What's new in 1.3:
- Audiobus support.
Stream audio to other audiobus apps.
- Core Midi support.
Send note and controller midi messages.
- Share recordings via email
- Fixes :
• Re-record doesn't produce noise.
• Panel now stay open at all times.
Bucephalus is a deceptively priced Universal iOS app that uses the physics of elasticity and gravity to generate notes.
Create unique sounds with this instrument utilising the power of elastic spheres! Five ball sizes have unique collision sounds and individual resonant tones for each wall of the screen.
- Custom designed three stage, four parameter chamber reverb
- Two parameter custom distortion
- Three filter types with adjustable Q and cutoff frequency
- Save states
- Variable elasticity, gravity and resonance
- User defined resonance settings with Major7, Minor7, Dominant7, Semitone, Wholetone and Pentatonic arpeggios and variable detuning for microtonal effects
It is free but, as the only iTunes review notes, doing anything in the app will cause it to pop-up with a $5 In-App Purchase. Seriously, the first thing I tapped resulted in the pop-up in the screenshot here.
There is a lengthy demo video available from the developer, but the volume becomes painfully loud at parts.
Nakano Syun is still having a lot of fun with Audiobus, as he explores a very Japanese style of Dubstep. I love his English phrasing of this setup as: It is epoch-making thing truly. This is his raw process of making a beat, so there are points where it gets very loud!
Jam Maestro crams a lot of impressive features in a tiny package, and is currently on sale at the introductory price of $1!
Jam Maestro is a powerful FULL BAND Tab sequencer, that enables you to compose using Guitar, Bass and Drum Tab and play them all back in symphony.
FOUR Instruments in one, Acoustic, Electric Guitar, Bass and Drums.
Jam Maestro has OVER 1200+ (painstakingly) recorded samples to get the most realistic sound. Each sound pack has been lovingly crafted until it was perfect.
- 4 Sound packs: Acoustic, Electric (Distortion), Bass, Drums.
- FULL fretboard (22 frets)
- PALM MUTED equivalents for every guitar note for that heavy CHUG sound.
- 6 TUNING options from STANDARD to DROP C. In most cases alternative tunings have been fully resampled for most realistic sound.
- ONE TOUCH CHORDS allow you to forget tricky finger positioning and just play.
- Create your own CUSTOM chords.
- CHORD DRAW mode allows you to draw any chord you wish on the fretboard and play on the fly.
All instruments are FULLY SEQUENCE-ABLE and programmed in familiar GUITAR TAB format.
Jam Mode offers a jamming experience like no other found on the iPhone. Program in your BACKING INSTRUMENTS, then in Jam Mode choose which bars you want to LOOP, while you JAM over the top with your instrument of choice. ALL instruments are simultaneously recorded to tab as you play, meaning you can keep jamming out ideas until you're happy, and then PLAYBACK and post edit until your hearts content.
I was thoroughly impressed with the tutorial video, which is a bit long at 12 minutes but worth watching all the way through!