iPadMusic.com put together a tutorial on how to use GarageBand and FL Studio instruments inside of Cubasis. This is an exercise in frustration over the lack of Audiobus support, but there are some really handy tips in here! I didn't know about the trick he shows at 2:25, using deleted email drafts to "Open In..." Garageband exports into other apps.
I spend 2 hours every day digging into the depths of YouTube looking for new and original content for the site. I've seen every manner of iOS music video, from cats to kids, but I have never seen anything like this before! I feel confident in saying Kaoru has put together one of the best iOS music videos to date in this one for his original song, Teach Me Mr. Google (Japanese).
Wavemachine Labs have released a lite version of the impressive Auria DAW, with slightly less features at half the price.
Experience the power of Auria in a streamlined version. Record, edit, and mix your music using essential tools taken from the full version, but in a less expensive package designed for those who don’t need every feature packed into Auria.
Auria LE is a 24-track digital recording system designed from the ground up for the iPad. With professional-level features and optional third-party plugin support from names like PSPaudioware, Overloud, Fab Filter and Drumagog (available via In-App purchase), Auria clearly sets a new standard for mobile recording.
- 24 tracks of simultaneous playback of stereo or mono files (upgradable to 48 tracks).
- Up to 8 tracks of simultaneous recording when used with compatible USB audio interfaces (upgradable to 24 tracks of recording) Camera Connection Kit required.
- 24-bit recording
- Supports sample rate of 44.1KHz only (upgradable to support 48K and 96K sample rates)
- Vintage-inspired ChannelStrip on every channel by PSPAudioware includes Expander, Multiband EQ and Compressor
- MasterStrip on all subgroup and master channels featuring PSPAudioware BussPressor, EQ and Mastering Limiter
- Third party VST effect plugin support available via in-app purchase (only iOS-version plugins are supported. All plugins must be purchased through the in-app store)
- ClassicVerb reverb plugin included
- StereoDelay and StereoChorus plugins included
- 2 Assignable subgroups(upgradable to 8) and 2 aux sends
- DropBox, SoundCloud and Audio Copy/Paste support
- Full automation support on all controls with graphical editing
- Optional video import feature allows sample accurate sync of video to an Auria project with adjustable offset times and video export capability
- Full delay compensation on all tracks and subgroups
- iPad 2 or later strongly recommended.
- USB audio interfaces require Camera Connection Kit
Here is a comparison of the features between the two versions of Auria. Audiobus is sadly not a part of either yet!