Thumbjam was one of the first apps to support Audiobus, and now they are among the first to support JACK Audio Connection Kit!
I was playing around with it this morning. You can record loops and sample instruments from other JACK apps, but it will not allow you to monitor the input. If you want to hear what you're recording or sampling, remember to leave an output connection from the app to the System Audio.
I was also having some issues with Sunvox and Thumbjam working together in JACK. If I launched Sunvox and then Thumbjam, Thumbjam would kick Sunvox out of JACK. Very weird! I managed a work-around by launching some other JACK app between the time I launched Sunvox and Thumbjam.
What's new in 2.3:
- ALL orientations finally supported on iPad!
- JACK support added, another way to stream audio and midi between apps.
- fixed stuck sustain issue on second loaded instrument slot
- fixed some MIDI output issues with split screen between first and second loaded instruments
- fixed crashing issue in MIDI settings when VoiceOver is active