Echo Pad got another big update, this time adding a new Flanger effect and an effect slider to control the dry/wet signal.
What's new in 1.3.2:
- New effect!
Flanger - "through zero" flanging inspired by classic tape flanging effects of the 60's/70's
- New wet/dry FX mix slider.
- New "Reset Current Session" button added to the Help menu. This button resets the current session, restoring to default settings to provide a clean slate.
- fixed a bug when pasting audio files into the scratch loopers, the sample could be cut off incorrectly.
- minor bugfixes
Here is a handy walkthrough of the effects added in the last update. The rapid development on this $4 app has been impressive!
Reader Grain Bastard wrote in with a new jam using some of his favorite gear and apps; including Borderlands and Samplr.
Here he's celebrating his inclusion in the compilation album, IDMf Beat Tapes! Congratulations! The glitch is strong in this one!
The surreal Konkreet Performer OSC control surface just got CoreMIDI, including VirtualMIDI, support!
What's new in 2.0:Major Update: This update will erase all your old preferences... but don't worry, it's worth it!
- iOS CoreMIDI Out
- each bank can use OSC or MIDI, completely independently
- OSC: custom address patterns and ranges for all parameters
- MIDI: custom MIDI messages, range and inversion
- MIDI: MIDI channel is definable per bank
- enable/disable any message
- custom node and bank labels
- single shot message triggering for use when MIDI/OSC learning on the DAW
- independent master/node position per bank
- re-written event engine
- anti-aliasing on faster iPads
- multi-tasking support
- all editing is on-board, no need for an editor on the computer
- all parameters are saved in xml and are accessible via iTunes sync, so custom presets can be created and loaded
Here is an amusing demo, with Konkreet Performer controlling a MeeBlip, which has been built into a book.