Chauliodus is a synthesizer that specializes in the bass. You can play the bass line from built-in sequencer, external MIDI devices, external sequencers, and other iOS applications.
It is possible to change the parameters of the filter by using gyroscope; you can get interesting effects by shaking the iPhone or iPad.
You can also enjoy dubstep wobble bass since LFO rate is synchronized to the tempo, and settable by each step!
- OSC x 2
Saw Wave / Square Wave
- SubOSC x 2
Square Wave / Sine Wave
- Filter x 1
Manipulate the CutOff Frequency and Resonance by using gyroscope.
- EG x 2
- LFO x 1
- FX (Delay & Over Drive)
- Real-Time Recording
- 16 steps Pattern Sequencer
- 300 bars Song Sequencer
- Wireless Sync-Start Technology (WIST) is supported.
- AudioCopy is supported.
- CoreMIDI is supported.
- Supported background playback.
- Universal support for iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad.
Alex "distraub" Matheu has released a major update to GlitchBreaks, adding a very complete MIDI implementation!
What's new in 1.20:
- Added Full MIDI support, Virtual MIDI, MIDI Clock Sync In and Out, MIDI Learn
- Made Waveform Touchable for Loop Modulation
- Added Large Waveform view for iPad
- Added Waveform to Cut Editor for iPad
- Cut Offset now works from first cut
- Bug Fixes
**Note there is an issue turning MIDI off resulting in a crash, I am working hard on resolving this issue, and will ask for an expedited review.
Fortunately MIDI is not enabled by default, so to avoid the crash mentioned there either leave it on or leave it off!
This week I've been beta testing Live Guitar for Secret Base Design. Fessaboy wanted me to test VirtualMIDI, plus the new Audiobus support, and while I was at that I got to thinking about interesting uses for guitars as MIDI controllers. Typically pulling MIDI from a guitar is pretty lousy, so guitar-controlled synths are often just monophonic bass synths.
Live Guitar greatly expands the options! A simple bass synth would miss the point. With 6 strings I needed a synth with 6 voices, and for that I turned to a rich pad patch in Korg iPolysix! I liked the results enough to work up a little drum backing and share them here with you. Expect the Audiobus update for Live Guitar to arrive sometime next week, but you can play with MIDI today.
Kymatica has released an update for Dropbox in AudioShare!
What's new in 2.4:
- Integrated Dropbox access!
Transfer multiple items to and from your dropbox.
- Allow deleting items from audio pasteboard to free up RAM.
- Sonoma AudioCopy: support any file format, not only 16bit 44.1kHz wav
- Embedded Users Manual, available in info screen.
- Automatically detect when files are added and removed externally (using iTunes File Sharing, etc.)
- Allow upside-down portrait on iPhone.
- Various tweaks and improvements.
- Reload player correctly after deleting last played file.
- Fix graphic glitch when choosing destination for moving files.
- Fix handling of audio session interruptions.