What's new in FAC Envolver v2.1:• Replace MIDI Note Gate chart by dashed lines
• Update rise and fall ranges
• Update some labels and colours
• Addition of a new preset (SQ BrB Tom)
• Bug Fixes, Stability And Performance Enhancements
New in 2.0
• Two circuits: Env Follower and Trigger Gate (Audio/MIDI fx)
• Each circuit provides MIDI out (CC/Note) and optional audio transformation
• Env Follower provides a Noise Gate with threshold, hysteresis and curve smoother
• Trigger Gate provides a Trance Gate Style fx with optional resolution and patterns
• Stereo/Mono processing - a slot per channel
• Fine tuning of each slot; rising and falling time, bias, depth and inverter
• MIDI IN/OUT support: CC#, channels, int/ext note pitch and scale progression
• Multi-waveform graph: input signal, env contour, gate signal and threshold
• Host tempo sync
Note: The MIDI/AUDIO combo makes FAC Envolver usable in every host, even the ones that still do not provide MIDI out support, in this case the MIDI generator is disabled and the fx can be used as standard AUDIO fx.
Fred Anton Corvest setup a "live audio scrubbing" example of FAC Envolver in apeMatrix.
The audio coming from the sampler provided in ApeMatrix is fed into FAC Envolver which in turn sends MIDI CC and NOTES to Zeeon synth. Scrubbing the audio manually provides a nice way to generate outstanding live sequences!