Gaz Williams has launched a new YouTube series, L.A. Stories! The first episode features a discussion with Tim Exile about his upcoming app Endless... while walking through a park. Never skip cardio!
In this first of episode of my new series LA Stories, I meet with Tim Exile at the Griffith Observatory overlooking L.A. We have a deep discussion about the underlying philosophies of his groundbreaking collaborative app Endlesss. Visit Endlesss.FM to learn more about this incredible jamming software.
Apologies for some dodgy gimbal related footage with my massive head taking up far too much screen real estate!
Please help support thesoundtestroom by becoming a Patreon for as little as $1 a month. You will also have access to exclusive Patreon only content and videos. https://www.patreon.com/thesoundtestroom __________________________________________________
LumaFusion, from Luma Touch LLC, was updated with a new export option to take your projects into Final Cut Pro X. The update also allows for easier library management with different sources and destinations.
They've also released a 23-part official tutorial series, which I've embedded below.
What's new in LumaFusion v2.2.0:
• FCPXML Export. Export your LumaFusion projects to Final Cut Pro X for continued editing on the desktop. We've created exciting workflows that make it easy to transfer XML and relink original media to save time and storage. FCPXML Export is available as a one-time in-app purchase in LumaFusion. To find out more about what features are supported, please check out FAQs and tutorials at: https://luma-touch.com/fcpxml
• Add/Edit Sources and Destinations. Easily organize library and import sources, and export destinations, including separate organization for each export type. Simply tap on the Add/Edit Sources or Add/Edit Destinations buttons in the source and destination selectors in LumaFusion. GNARBOX and WD Wireless users will need to re-add those library sources after updating to version 2.2
• Incredible new tutorial videos featuring PhotoJoseph help you get the most out of LumaFusion. The reference guide and tutorial videos are nicely synced up, so you can find the information you need, when and where you need it. View the new tutorials at https://luma-touch.com/lumafusion-tutorials
• New Storyblocks Collections let you find interesting curated content quickly (LumaFusion includes a selection of free content from Storyblocks; access to the full library requires and in-app subscription).
• Added support for the new SanDisk iXpand Drive Go
• Google Drive support has been greatly improved, including full support for project archive and restore
• Improved keyboard shortcuts
• Double-tap to reset now works on the levels control
• Many additional user interface improvements
• Fixed dozens of issues that improve stability, usability and performance.
In upcoming releases we will continue adding new features, and will continue to enhance every aspect of LumaFusion. Find tutorials, reference-guide, answers to your questions, and contact us directly at https://luma-touch.com/support
YouTuber Mahesh Raghvan is joined by Shravan Sridhar to form Carnatic 2.0. Together they do an impressive job of modernizing classic Indian styles. This track in particular manages to retain its folksy qualities, with sounds that would fit into any modern American pop track. There are English subtitles for the lyrics, which unfortunately include some slightly misogynistic and nationalistic references. The music is impressive though!
Presenting our first Malayalam single 'Aal Aayal' based on an extremely popular folk song written by Kavalam Narayana Panicker. Produced and performed by Carnatic 2.0 (Mahesh Raghvan and Shravan Sridhar).
PS: We're coming on a US Tour from Feb 28 - Mar 15. Get tickets for our US Tour here before they sell out - https://tiny.cc/Carnatic2 For bookings and enquiries contact email@example.com or call +919698022266
Credits and Social Media Links
Director of Photography: Subash Edited By: Bharath Vikram Video Production: Caveman's Studio
Ken Karsh created a beautiful ambient loop using just his guitar into the new FAC Alteza! He's looping that inside of Quantiloop, with iFX Rack for the solo guitar over it.
Two noteworthy AU apps are FAC Alteza and iFX Rack. I saw a demo of Alteza being used for ambient loops and decided to try a meditation improv. iFX is what the solo guitar is processed with. Alteza was used for the ambient loop, which is ALL guitar. No synths were used here. Of course, Quantiloop Pro continues to be my go-to looper app. I really tried to get the meditative vibe (no shredding allowed).