This post is in Patron Only mode. To view the contents and comments of this post you
must be a registered Patron. These posts are typically Early Access screenings, so if you cannot afford
to be a Patron you will get access to the content tomorrow. If you can afford to be a Patron, please
help support the site!
Today Elastic Drums developer Oliver Greschke released Elastic FX! This is his new multi-effect app for Inter-App Audio and Audiobus. Elastic FX offers four different effect units which can each be assigned one of 32 stereo effects, with different routing options.
Elastic FX iTunes Description:
EFX is a 4 channels multi-effect processor, that's easy and intuitive to play, but offers complex options to shape the sound and to route the audio effects stream.
Connect EFX to any input source, like the devices built in microphone, an external keyboard or guitar (iPad soundcard needed) or to your favorite iOS drum machine or synthesizer via Inter-App Audio or Audiobus. Or import a soundfile into the app and alienate it with with up to 4 different effects at the same time!
- Multi-effect app created by the developers of Elastic Drums
- 4 effect units with different routing options
- Choose one of 32 available stereo effects in each effect unit
- Broad range of different effects of the following categories: Modulation, Pitch, Distortion, Filter, Delay, Reverb, Others
- Additional master effect section with level meters, 3 band equalizer, compressor, stutter fx
- XY-Pad to easily control the most important effect values (Kaoss Pad style)
- Possibility to automate/record the XY-Pad tweaks (1,2,4,8 bars length)
- Automated tweaks and some effects (PingPong Delay) get played in sync via Ableton Link/Inter-App Audio
- Audiobus 3 support
- Inter-App Audio support
- Simple audio player to test the effects with audiofiles
- Tweak the most important parameters via Midi, Midi learn option
- Switch user-presets with Midi Program Change messages
- Save, load and share user presets
- iPhone/Universal version (free for all iPad owners)
- More effects (bpm synced delays, etc.)
Akai Professional released iMPC Pro 2! This upgrade to the iMPC Pro offers Audio Unit v3 support, as well as dedicated vocal tracks. The app also includes a built-in iMPC University of tutorials to help you get started.
Note: Owners of iMPC Pro will be able to upgrade to iMPC Pro 2 for just $15 using a special bundle. Unfortunately Apple has not approved the bundle yet. I'll post it here when it becomes available. If you already own iMPC Pro you might want to hold off for a bit.
iMPC Pro 2 iTunes Description:
iMPC Pro 2 fuses innovative song creation with the iconic MPC workflow. iMPC Pro gave us a powerful sampler and beatmaker, and now iMPC Pro 2 has evolved into a full fledged song creation tool with the addition of vocal tracks, Audio Units integration, a sleek new design and tons of new features!
Within the audio tracks, you can time warp, pitch shift, and rearrange your audio clips in real time. The sophistication of real time manipulation is captured in a simple workflow and sleek interface. You can choose from multiple input sources to record, including external mic channels, hardware audio interfaces, and IAA. Import existing projects from iMPC Pro and add your vocal tracks easily.
AUDIO UNIT TRACKS:
You can now load any Audio Units instrument into an Audio Unit Track! Control your AU instrument with a classic piano keyboard interface and an iMPC interface with note variation, Flux Link, Note Repeat, 16 Levels, and more. The app also features an improvement to the workflow for song creation. Song sequencing is faster, more powerful, and more flexible, so you have complete creative control.
100% NEW SOUND KIT AND MORE:
Designed exclusively for iMPC Pro 2, these kits cover some of the most iconic and cutting-edge beat genres available, from producers including ADSR, Rawcutz, SampleTools by Cr2, Niche Audio, and Sample Magic. Each kit includes 16 Hi Quality samples featuring sounds from 808’s to melodic hits and stabs, designed for the best user experience possible.
iMPC Pro 2 also comes with 5 additional Sound Packs for FREE (valued at $35). Grab these packs in the AudioCopy Content Store: Essential Club Collection, Classic Cuts, Dub 2 DnB, Melodic Collection, and The Diploma! You can use them in hundreds of AudioCopy compatible apps (including iMPC and iMPC Pro).
Unlock producer secrets and learn how to become a full fledged song creator with this tutorial series. iMPCU unlocks one course per day and gives you the tools you need to take your music to the next level. Fun for both new and experienced users, iMPC Pro 2 offers an expansive dive into the world of beatmaking and song editing through these courses. We’re excited for you to try it!
- Record from built in mic, external mics, audio interfaces, instruments, etc.
- Record from Inter App Audio Apps
- Warp Tracks and Clips to match tempo
- Access several quick editing features on Audio Clips (Pitch shift, Time Stretch, Amplify, Crop, Split, Duplicate)
- Drag to arrange Audio Clips, snap them to an adjustable grid setting
- Advanced waveform editing
- Audio Unit tweak mode with full keyboard support (including 2 dozen scale modes from Chromatic to Blues to Aeolian)
- 100% New Sound Set, with 5 additional free Sound Packs
- Sample sounds from Spotify
- 64 Track Mixer with EQ and 4 FX sends (Reverb, Delay, Chorus/Flange, and one Inter App Audio Effect)
- Chop-shop provides intuitive multi-touch editing, trimming, auditioning, splicing, splicing and processing samples
- Tracks View shows an overview of all the tracks in your song
- 16 Levels mode with attack, velocity, length, and tuning settings for quickly creating variations of sounds
- Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback
- Time correct: 1/8 note - 1/32T with variable swing
- MPC Note Repeat featuring 1/8 note - 1/32T timing with latch
- IAA and Ableton Link support
- Share beats and songs seamlessly to YouTube
- 4 Mute Groups and custom-designed envelope filters for all pads
- AudioCopy and AudioPaste support
- Improved integration and support for iMPC Pro Packs and other Sound Packs from the AudioCopy Content Store
- Expert MIDI support including expanded options, multiple maps, and more
- Extensive undo/redo capabilities
- New Song Arrangement workflow and integrated Song Mode makes song creation easier than ever
- Drag entire Folders and Sound Packs directly to pads to load many sounds at once
Jason Donnelly from iPadLoops goes through all of the new features in this First Impressions video!
Zerodebug, developers of modstep and touchAble, released soda dj! This one came out of nowhere and is packed with the features you'd expect from the guys behind modstep. Cue-points, key detection, support for up to 8 simultaneous decks, and AUv3 effect support! It also arrives with its own built-in suite of effects.
As someone who used to DJ quite a bit, I'm stunned to see key detection included in $10 apps, and it doesn't even get much fanfare in the description. This is a huge feature! Mixing in key is a vital part of modern DJing!
Finally you may leave out the bloat: It's customisable Interface let's you focus only on the features that are important to you.
You'd want more easily accessible Cue-points? A longer volume fader? A secondary waveform that is completely zoomed in? Not an issue - soda will adapt to your needs.
From a basic single-deck to sophisticated looping setups with up to 8 decks, beatjumps and FX - soda can serve any requirement.
Get creative with your Music right here on your iPad / iPhone.
soda makes no compromises on features:
Freely customisable Interface
Up to 8 Decks
Up to 16 nameable Cue-Points per Deck & Track
Cue points can either be Hot-Cues or Loop-Cues. The latter can enabled to automatically kick in once the playhead passes the Cue.
Zoomable color-coded Waveforms
Ableton Link support
2 Send FX Chains
AUv3 Effect support - include your favorite AUs into the set.
5 internal Effects (Delay, Reverb, Phaser, Flanger, EQ 3)
Sample Import via Apple Document Picker & Files app.
Browser access to your iTunes Library.
Easy setup & management of playlists.
Sync or manual pitch - get the best of both worlds.
Variable Launch-quantization for synced Tracks.
Split Output via compatible split-cable.
Pre-Cue your tracks via Headphone while recording your sets on the go - no special hardware or cables needed.
Compatible with any iOS-compatible audio & MIDI interface
designed for all ipads and iphones 4.7" and larger.