« Forums | Gear News »
   New Post
   Search

MIDI Designer Pro Interface for MakeNoise 0-Coast

Reader The Drümünkey put together a MIDI Designer Pro layout for the popular 0-Coast synth, which can now be found for a bit cheaper on eBay. The layout is a free download from the MIDI Designer community page.

Video Description:

This is a video offering some basic explanation of a little MIDI Designer Pro layout I created to help access some of the Make Noise 0-Coast functionality that's in the "programming pages"

You can DL the MDP Layout here:

http://mididesigner.com/qa/6567/progr...

Two important things to note:

1) You are required to do a shot every time I say "Um"
2) You must slam a beer when I say "Basically"

* Thanks Dan @ MDP for making such a great program
* Thanks to Make Noise for making such a powerful little black box!

June 12, 2018  | person_outline Tim Webb
Thanks for this drumunkey.

How did you make the keyboard “velocity sensitive”?? I gotta figure that out.
June 12, 2018  | person Hmtx

On June 12, 2018 - @Hmtx said:
Thanks for this drumunkey.

How did you make the keyboard “velocity sensitive”?? I gotta figure that out.

You need to just pound on the screen harder.
Just kidding.... you want to make the buttons subtype a drum pad... the vertical position sends different velocity levels. On these little keys it’s kinds random, but f you have taller keys it works really well...

It would be fucking awesome if it was continuous and not just velocity, then you could get into all that new dangled MPE sheeeit the kids seem to be into these days.
Just picked up 0-coast last weekend and your layout caused me to buy MDP. Thanks @drumkey for making it. I hope there are other uses for this app as I’m kind of a MIDIot. Been looking at the 0-coast for a while and recently looking at the new Moog semi-modular systems too. But a 0- coast came up for sale on my local synth FB groupso I went for it. Hoping it will help me break out of my self-declared creative rut l’ve been in. Coincidentally my piano needs to go in for a repair so that should help with my piano rut too.

I have been also wondering how many keyboards I need or can use. Because I have a four including my piano and BS2 and they are very different. I’ve been watching Arturia KeyStep demos and the reviewers seem infatuated with it as a sequencing device.
On June 13, 2018 - @Frozen Lonesome said:
Just picked up 0-coast last weekend and your layout caused me to buy MDP. Thanks @drumkey for making it. I hope there are other uses for this app as I’m kind of a MIDIot. Been looking at the 0-coast for a while and recently looking at the new Moog semi-modular systems too. But a 0- coast came up for sale on my local synth FB groupso I went for it. Hoping it will help me break out of my self-declared creative rut l’ve been in. Coincidentally my piano needs to go in for a repair so that should help with my piano rut too.

I have been also wondering how many keyboards I need or can use. Because I have a four including my piano and BS2 and they are very different. I’ve been watching Arturia KeyStep demos and the reviewers seem infatuated with it as a sequencing device.

I’ve been swearing off the whole modular thing because I know it would be a never ending rathole for me. BUT, I Think I may have hit on a good formula... I picked up 0Coast, a DFAM, a Volca Kick, and a Korg SQ1, just to see how it goes.

As I like to “discover” music as opposed to shit like “compose” or “program”, it’s actually turning out quite well. It helps that I’m mostly into Berlin style stuff. Berghain type techno and Klaus Shultz type synth stuff (with an occasional dose of guys like Mika Vanio), and the patchable stuff I’ve got is perfect.

I’m probably going to pick up another DFAM, and maybe a few eurorack utility devices like a Disting. Then run it all thought a DJ mixer. Just focus on a few sound making units, a shit load of fx, and the iPad for midi sequencing, midi cc modulation that gets converted to CV, etc.

As for MDP, it’s kind of a pain in the ass to really learn it... A lot of stuff is not really “intuitive”, but it’s really really powerful. Over the past year or more I’d say that I’ve spent more time using MDP than any other single piece of software. Dan is a really cool guy and he’ll help you out if you get stuck.
comment

Post a New Comment

Anonymous comments are closed for old posts. If you'd like to comment please Register.

Comment:

Do not use HTML in your comments. Tags: [b] Bold Text [/b] [i] Italic Text [/i]
Links will be generated if you include http:// or https:// at the beginning of a URL.
Submit