John Lead posted this impressive Psy Techno performance on a vast array of hardware. At the heart of it all is his iPad running Cubasis as the main sequencer.
So, I went back to the iPad as main sequencer and was having fun with a project i started using Cubasis.
iPad running Cubasis as main sequencer and master midi clock for all the instruments + 3 instances of the Synth "Micrologue".
The iPad is connected to a Steinberg UR22 mk2 Sound Card via apple usb camera connection kit for midi + audio out.
The UR22 midi out is connected to a midi Thru Box X4 to feed midi messages and clock to all the synths. The Moog Sub 37 and Roland TR8 are also using their midi thru port to connect the remaining 2 instruments (Tb3 and Electribe).
Everything is connected to the mixer.
- Roland TR8 - Drums (using own sequencer and patterns trigered live)
- Korg Minilogue - Pad Chords (sequenced by cubasis + live play)
- Novation Bass Station 2 - Bass (ducked by the sidechain FX in the TR8 and sequenced by Cubasis)
- Roland TB3 - Acid Lead (using own sequencer and patterns triggered live)
- Moog Sub 37 - Plucked ARP (sequenced by Cubasis)
- Micrologue - Noize FX + Plucked Synth + Brassy Lead (sequenced in cubasis)
- Korg Electribe ES1 - Long Reverb "BANG" FX (using own sequencer)
- Presonus Studio Live - Mixer, dynamics and FX (Reverb+Delay)
Created and performed by João Apell AKA John Lead at AudioLabs Studios Lisbon.
Keep an eye on my soundcloud page for the final polished version:
Thanks for watching ;)