« Forums | App News »
   New Post
   Search

See Music by mDecks Music

mDecks Music, the developers of Tessitura Pro and Politonus, have released See Music. This is a new trainer app intended to teach sight reading. See Music looks like a pretty comprehensive package.

See Music iTunes Description:

"See Music" is a complete sight reading training method for musicians, music students and teachers.
Now you can master your sight reading skills with this extensive app. Whichever your instrument (or instruments), "See Music" will take your playing and sight reading skills to the next level.

"See Music" composes melodic or rhythmic pieces of music at your level and keep track of your progress to help you improve your reading skills in no time. It includes all instruments which makes it the ideal practice tool for band, choir and orchestra students alike.

"See Music" will challenge your reading skills and give you feedback on your performance in real time. "See Music" will listen to you and give you a complete performance report with rhythmic and pitch accuracy, missed notes and all the relevant information you'll need to improve your playing.

INSTRUMENTS INCLUDED IN SEE MUSIC
"See Music" allows you to work on 6 instruments at the same time (great for doublings and multi-instrument players)
Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, Bassoon, Alto Sax, Tenor Sax, Baritone Sax, French Horn, Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba, Euphonium, Violin, Viola, Cello (all 3 clefs), Bass, Piano (Treble and Bass), Guitar, Soprano Voice, Alto Voice, Tenor Voice, Bass Voice and Recorder.
February 08, 2018  | person_outline Tim Webb
This looks like a decent app, one which will give a lot of reading material for a slim price. I would like to get a preview of how well the AI composer creates exercises that actually sound like melodies vs random grouping of notes. However, the developer’s educational stature is diminished from comments in the video of “keys with four accidentals or less”, when an accidental is any note which is not in the key signature. This is nerdy observation, but I feel it is important to use terms correctly in an educational context. I still might buy the app though.
February 09, 2018  | favorite_border Laarz
For the price, it seems like a fair feature set. I wouldn't expect it to generate useable melodies at that price. The functionality of testing your sight-reading, especially for a beginner level, seems pretty useful, and I don't know of other apps that do this-- especially for a range of instruments.

I agree about the loss of "cred" for incorrectly using the "accidentals" term. But that is easily fixed by re-recording the voice over (and fixing calling Time-Signature "key-signature") Not nit-picking though, it's a good introductory video, typos notwithstanding.

There didn't appear to be a setting for having an exercise in a key signature with accidentals. There also didn't appear to be a rhythm setting that included ties. I would like to know if it is really recording my performances or just "listening", but it doesn't say whether it keeps storing those recordings, or if it just uses it for analysis and deletes it after. I don't need an app keeping that kind of garbage on my iPad.

He said something to the effect of, "if you can read in 4/4, 3/4, 6/8, 5/8 and 7/8, you can sight-read anything." .... hmm. Fortunately, there are a few other good apps for advanced rhythm reading. I use Tenuto for my students who are learning their clef, and I also use Rhythm Sight Reading Trainer, which is quite good. Rhythm Lab is worth a look, as well. Ultimate Rhythm Coach has some nice features and some challenging material in there.
February 09, 2018  | favorite_border stub
comment

Post a New Comment

Anonymous comments are closed for old posts. If you'd like to comment please Register.

Comment:

Do not use HTML in your comments. Tags: [b] Bold Text [/b] [i] Italic Text [/i]
Links will be generated if you include http:// or https:// at the beginning of a URL.
Submit