« Forums | App News »
   New Post
   Search

AUM - Audio Mixer Update & Contest!

Kymatica has released a major update to AUM - Audio Mixer! The update includes tweaks to several aspects of the app, including sending MIDI to IAA Output ports as Instruments!

Developer Jonatan Liljedahl has generously provided me with 5 AUM codes to give away! I've made some changes to the contest system that will allow people to comment without joining the contest, so if you already have AUM you can share your thoughts on the update. This also means non-registered users can comment, but you still need to register to participate in the contest. Contest closes tomorrow morning.

Contest closed! Congratulations to Ansonic, Laine, B. Skaigh, Milestone_Music, and Jurri! There was an odd error with emailing out one of the codes, but I'm pretty sure it worked. If you don't receive your code just email me from your winning email address and I'll send you the code manually.

What's new in AUM - Audio Mixer v1.2:

• Min/max range mapping for MIDI param controls.
• MIDI toggle-params: option for auto-toggle on/off, useful for momentary MIDI cc buttons.
• The IAA output ports are now instrument type instead of generators, and supports MIDI reception.
• Match any MMC device ID, fixes unresponsiveness with some MMC controllers.
• Allow A2DP (high quality bluetooth audio) and AirPlay output on iOS 10.
• Add transpose setting for IAA/AU synths.
• Forward sysex to hosted IAA and AUv3 nodes.
• New Allpass filter nodes, mainly useful for acoustic engineers.
• DSP meter: display peak instead of average.
NOTE: This will show higher (but more accurate) readings than before for the same DSP usage!
• FilePlayer picker: scroll last file to center instead of bottom.
• Improve unsolo-logic for busses.
• Allow tapping value labels in built in plugin views for keyboard entry.
• Show MIDI routing matrix and Help in separate larger window on iPad.
• Recordings browser: show file extension in subtitle.
• Grey out TXT and ZIP files in recordings folder.
• Fix iPhone layout issues when launched from other landscape app.
• Don't auto-show keyboard on iPhone landscape rotation.
• Fix bug where changing a bypassed node would make the new node unbypassed.
• Fix MIDI control of gain and clip nodes.
• Fix for issues when loading large sessions.
• Improved support for Audiobus 3. (Requires Audiobus 3.0.1 or later)
May 17, 2017  | person_outline Tim Webb
App looks really cool! Wanted to enter the contest!
May 17, 2017  | person Psych
I've been waiting to get this app for a long, long time... [fingers crossed]
Do you need Audiobus also, or only with AUM you can interoperate with various synths?
Looks like a great app! Would love to integrate this into my iOS production workflow!
May 17, 2017  | person dflux
Hoping to have a chance to try this great app out. Good luck everybody!
May 17, 2017  | stars Ansonic
Definitely wanna try my luck for this one :)
May 17, 2017  | person Bob
Oummm, AUM !!
Definitely a winner for adding to the functionality of iOS music making integration. Fingers crossed for a win! :)
May 17, 2017  | person Bubowski
Phew! Hopefully made it in time! Anyway I think most serious IOS musicians already have AUM. I'm not that serious hence the interest in this contest!! :-)
May 17, 2017  | person Fprintf
Lying on a hotel bed in Czeckia, this app would clearly be my dream companion...
I'd love to win this amazing app!
May 17, 2017  | person yug
I wonder how it is compare to audiobus 3...
May 17, 2017  | person_outline Soundofizrael
Sign me up, I've been excited about this app for a while now.
I thought I had purchased everything Kymatica made. How did I miss that this was from that developer? o.O

Also, Kymatica, if you're out there, I'd really love to see an extra setting in the Audioshare that lets you make nonlinear fade-ins and fade-outs when trimming. :D
IN!
May 17, 2017  | person huphtur
Love the site, would also love a copy of AUM :-)
May 17, 2017  | stars Laine
The only thing better than AUM is DISCCHORD.com!
May 17, 2017  | person TBIRD
I already own AUM, so I hope I'm not entering this contest. I'm not logged in, so I'm guessing not.

Anyway... Quick question... how exactly would this "sending MIDI to IAA Output ports as Instruments" work? Can someone describe the basic scenario of how this would be used?
May 17, 2017  | person_outline Skip Hunt
On May 17, 2017 - @Skip Hunt said:
I already own AUM, so I hope I'm not entering this contest. I'm not logged in, so I'm guessing not.

If you are logged in you'll see a check box that you can hit for "Just commenting" so you don't need to avoid being logged in to comment!
This app would kickstart the idea of playing live.
Thanks for the opportunity! Looks like a great app.
On May 17, 2017 - @Tim Webb said:

If you are logged in you'll see a check box that you can hit for "Just commenting" so you don't need to avoid being logged in to comment!

So, I'm confused... did I enter this contest then? If so, can you delete my post? I've already got AUM
May 17, 2017  | person_outline Skip Hunt
On May 17, 2017 - @Skip Hunt said:
So, I'm confused... did I enter this contest then? If so, can you delete my post? I've already got AUM

If you commented when logged out you're not entered.

If you were logged in you'd see a checkbox above the comment box to exclude yourself from entering the competition.
May 17, 2017  | person Bob
If you have any smidgen of decency, I will win a copy.
May 17, 2017  | stars B.Skaigh
On May 17, 2017 - @Bob said:

If you commented when logged out you're not entered.

If you were logged in you'd see a checkbox above the comment box to exclude yourself from entering the competition.

Well damn. That means if I wasn't actually logged in for the Ribbons contest, I wasn't really entered in that one either? All it said was to comment below... wasn't aware you previously had to login as well. Oh well.. no matter. :(

Back to my question about AUM... how exactly would this "sending MIDI to IAA Output ports as Instruments" work? Can someone describe the basic scenario of how this would be used?
May 17, 2017  | person skiphunt
I'd like to enter please! : )

I was always a bit confused whether I would find this App useful in my quest to record seamless loops from various other sources but I'd like to try it without financial risk!
May 17, 2017  | person_outline rikfav
I'd be stoked to try this one. It seems to have overtaken Audiobus for many users... If you are an AB3 AND AUM owner, which do you prefer, especially in regards to midi application?

Bonus points if you're also a Modstep, Model 15, and Cubasis user!
Count me in!!!
Sorry if this is a repeat post (?)

I'd like to enter for a chance to win a copy of AUM please :)
I was never sure if it would help me to record seamless loops from other apps, but it would be nice to try!
May 17, 2017  | person rikfav
Glad to see lots of activities in the comment section on Discchord.com, Clever idea Tim :).
Please do come up with more ideas apart from contest to get these activity going.
I can't resist this second contest for AUM, even though I let the first go :).
May 17, 2017  | person Magnoxx
Have been on the fence for this for a long time saving up for some gift cards!!
Here's my ticket in the hat !!! ... start the spinner and let me win !!
AUM is the first app I open while doing anything with audio. I picked it up right at launch based on just a couple demos. It has never disappointed and is worth every penny. It's stature if every bit as fundamental as his Audioshare app has become.
May 17, 2017  | person skiphunt
AUM be awesome. Who eva wins gonna have a good time wit it yo :)
More than happy to see how great apps continue evolving! Many thanks Jonatan and Tim for your efforts!!
May 18, 2017  | person abi
I've always wanted this app. One of best! Please enter me in the contest, thanks!
May 18, 2017  | person Megalow
In like Flynn
May 18, 2017  | person jimhanks
Oh boy! It would be awesome if I won this lol

BTW... Tim, congrats on all the awesome improvements on the site :)
"... now instrument type instead of generators..." If only Korg would make that change in all their apps...
I waited far too long to pick up this app. It's truly fantastic and a huge boon to iOS music making.

Although I have it, I'm still entering the contest as I would love to gift it to my friend. No, really, it's for a friend....
May 18, 2017  | person ajp
Looks like a good update. It would be great to win!
May 18, 2017  | person megibow
Still haven't pulled the trigger on this app yet, but would love to win it.

I've tried using Cubasis, MiMix, and even the new mixer in AB3 to do feedback looping/no-input stuff, but none have the control that AUM does, especially over insert insert effects.

So yeah *raises hand enthusiastically* pick me! Pick me! :)
May 18, 2017  | person deezign
Please NOT TOO LATE!?
The new updates look very promising, time to dive in i think.....i have waited long enough...AB3 is nice but missing some features for me
i would like to enter the contest, so fingers crossed over here....

btw....keep up the good work with Discchord, it is really the first website i go to every morning when i open my computer....always good reviews and especially enjoying the "let's play..." series

thumbs up
May 18, 2017  | stars Jurri
Count me in too. Would love to try this one :-)
May 18, 2017  | person White
comment

Post a New Comment

This contest is now closed, no more entries are being accepted. Sorry you missed it!

Comment:

Do not use HTML in your comments. Tags: [b] Bold Text [/b] [i] Italic Text [/i]
Links will be generated if you include http:// or https:// at the beginning of a URL.
Submit