Matteo Cozza posted this excellent example of rocking out on Blocs Wave using two iPads, using Ableton Link!
Performance with iPad Air 2 and iPad 2 with Blocs Wave by Novation trying new Ableton Link support!
What do you think? =)
- Blocs Wave
Sungazer is an interesting experimental DNB duo. I enjoyed this live performance at the echo chamber in Brooklyn. It's great seeing DNB played by a real drummer, but I also like their inclusion of MIDI controlled visuals, controlled from a Roland SPD-SX. They've also got an iPad running Lemur in there, but I have no idea what it is doing.
Novation's Blocs Wave got a couple of new export options in today's update.
What's new in Blocs Wave v3.0:
- New export mix feature - You can now export your project with our new offline export mode
- Batch export the individual pads to easily get them into another app or onto your laptop
Various bug fixes
Several apps have gone on sale, including Korg's tuner app Cortosia!
Classic app Voice Synth has been updated to 4.0 in a truly massive update. Besides a new stylish interface, this update includes IAA and... jesus this list is just too long. Here's a third of the iTunes patch notes.
What's new in Voice Synth 4.0:
New features and improvements
- Manually pause your voice in live mode
- Mic-thru switch to talk clean or compare with designed sound
- Use midi footswitches to control live-pause and mic-thru
- Voice-Vocoder slider to mix in your own voice, e.g. dress up beat-boxing
- Automated selection between repeated live (built-in mic/speaker) and true live (headset or other)
- Select autopitch and pitch tracking/speed independently
- Samples can be fully integrated within a preset
- Adjustable sample speed/direction and pause
- More import, export & share options, including iCloud and AirDrop
- Unlimited number of presets, samples and tapes
- Favorite marking of presets and samples
- Online manual in readable form, accessible within the app
- Hosting of IAA input, pre/post effect while being hosted by e.g. Garageband
- Improved noise gate, both manual and automatic
- Adaptive noise reduction, with bypass for high-quality mics
- Improved autogain limiter, pitch tracking, stereo panning and stereo delay
- Synchronize timing of sampler, arpeggiator, delay and strobo voice
- Adjust which settings are included in presets, e.g. samples, musical scale
- Polyphony up to 24 voices (depending on your iOS device's processor)
- Discontinuation of iTunes FileSharing (in favor of iCloud)
- Discontinuation of audiobus (in favor of Inter-App-Audio)
- Now 200+ factory presets with incredible sounds!
The app is Universal, and arrives with a demo on iPhone.