Today Reactable Systems SL unveiled an entirely new iPhone app, STEPS. This MIDI sequencer promises complex rhythmic patterns through experimentation with dials. The app launches with Ableton Link support and a Virtual MIDI port, as well as utilizing the headphone jack on iPhones (where available) to sync Korg Volcas and Teenage Engineering Pocket Operators. Unfortunately it arrives without a demo video.
STEPS iTunes Description:Steps by Reactable is a small yet powerful MIDI sequencer that allows you to create complex rhythmic patterns in a surprising new way. Forget piano rolls and experiment with Steps’ inspiring dials. With Steps you can control any MIDI compatible app, send MIDI over network to your laptop or any other compatible device, and even synchronize external hardware analog synths such as Korg Volcas or Pocket Operators via an audio cable.
- Plug and play MIDI-out system automatically sends to all available MIDI input ports and our own virtual port.
- Connect your iDevice with an external MIDI interface and control MIDI hardware.
- Synchronize external hardware synths such as Korg Volca or Pocket operators via the audio output.
- A carefully designed user interface that allows you to quickly switch between performance to editing mode.
- Play together with Ableton Link and sync multiple apps and devices over WiFi.
- Global Swing function (50% - 75%) - applied automatically to eight and sixteenth notes.
- Save and recall sequences, seamlessly during playback.
- Global bpm control ranging from 20 to 999 BPM.
- Global Gate level allows global control of note duration.
- Global MIDI velocity control.
- Global Glide function applies pitch bend to small distances between adjacent steps (if the synth being controlled supports pitch bend).
- Global transpose ribbon allows for easy transposition of the entire pattern.
- Step pitch preview function (available while transport is stopped).