Reader Maria Calfa-DePaul did a jam on her shiny new Korg Kross keyboard with Animoog, along with a detailed video explaining how she's routing MIDI and Audio with the keyboard. I've embedded the jam video here.
Several apps went on sale, including the first sale ever on Phase84! The other apps, by Yonac and Positive Grid, are all price bouncing. They were on sale just last month and went up in price only to go right back down today. It isn't news when it happens every month, so fuck 'em.
Thanks to readers Fran_K and anonymouse for pointing out SynthTronica is free today!
MultitrackStudio received another major update, with additions to the $20 Pro Extension IAP package.
What's new in MultitrackStudio v2.0
- Extension Pack (in-app purchase) is now called Pro Extension.
- Pro Extension: Songs can have either an extra Effect Return or up to 8 Groups.
- Pro Extension: Time stretching in track editors.
- Pro Extension: Tempo editor can process audio tracks.
- Pro Extension: Create new song using current as template.
- Pro Extension features Phase Inverter effect.
- Can now record multiple Audiobus sources simultaneously.
- Uses Audiobus 2.1.5 SDK.
- Improved transport cycling: Overview bar remembers cycle region after transport stopped, longtapping Play button starts cycling, transport menu features 'Set Cycle Start' and 'Set Cycle End' options.
- Editors: add and draw modes can be sticky (see 'Sticky add/draw modes' setting in Preferences pane).
- Editors: tweaked graphics to make it easier to see which mode an editor is in.
- MultitrackStudio Instruments: step through presets by swiping vertically over the instrument box. Also works for SoundFont Player presets and the Pro Extension's Convolutor effect impulse responses.
- Tempo editor shows mixed version of tracks in background.
- Matrix Sampler now displays the note to which the current cell responds.
- Fixed: SoundFont Player ignored pitch bend range setting.
- Fixed: Matrix Sampler's Volume knob settings weren't stored and recalled correctly.
- Several other fixes.
Reader Adam Matza has released his second iOS only album, Transitions. Every single track was, "Played and recorded on and in an iPad Air." The album features a lot of fun glitchy noise, often accompanied by a beat.
SceneLauncher is a simple, free (really), app for launching scenes in Ableton Live from your iPhone. I checked it out and there aren't even any ads!
SceneLauncher iTunes Description:
SceneLauncher is a simple controller app for Ableton Live. It can be used for launching and stopping scenes in Live's powerful session view.
Just connect your computer and iPhone running SceneLauncher to the same network and start playing! Best of all, it's free of charge.
See our support site for instructions on setting up Ableton Live for use with SceneLauncher: http://codeflo.ws/SceneLauncher/