Blue Mangoo has released their 4th iFretless app, this time taking on the world of Brass instruments!
iFretless Brass iTunes Description:
iFretless Brass enables guitar and string instrument players to play expressive music with a variety of instruments. It includes a detailed library of samples from real brass instruments as well as a collection of classic synth sounds. Each note is sampled at nine different volume levels in order to capture the full range of tones produced by the original instrument.
- Supports MIDI input and output for interface with external devices such as digital pianos and electronic wind instruments as well as virtual MIDI compatible iOS apps.
- A patented algorithm uses the accelerometer accurately detects touch pressure on the screen and respond with dynamic selection of samples of the appropriate timbre and volume.
- Responds to fretless vibrato and between-note slides in a natural way, making it one of the most expressive performance interfaces available anywhere.
- Connects to other iOS music apps via IAA and AudioBus
Sound library includes:Euphonium
and a collection of classic synth samples
Below is the official overview video. You may also want to watch Sound Test Room's preview from last month.
A friend challenged me to cover a song using only free music apps on my iPad. I accepted and decided to tackle Taylor Swift's new song, "Out of the Woods." Every instrument you hear was generated from the iPad (including the processed harmonies & guitar-tone) using only free apps from the App Store. Hope you like it!
Liine released a major Lemur bug fix patch. I think regular Lemur users will be surprised at the scope of this update, because it never actually felt this broken!
What's new in Lemur v5.2:
Fixed file system access on iOS 8 Fixed On MIDI scripts receive messages from Parent/Project MIDI Targets Fixed templates loading with mismatch between navbar and displayed page Fixed CoreMIDI issue where ports were not displayed for some hardware devices (Novation X-Station and others) Fixed Fader.value displaying correct type Fixed stretch function displaying correct types Various Canvas fixes and improvements Added Relative cursor mode to Fader object Integer values are now parsed as such when saving / loading JZML. Added automatic conversion of OSC INT64 & boolean to INT32 MIDI Target configuration now properly saved when quitting the app and returning Sequencer objects phase no longer jumps when changing 'steps' attribute StepSwitch now sends out values when out variable goes back to null (i.e. Note Off messages correctly sent now)
- Fixed crash with canvas_restore() on Windows
- Fixed crashes when opening menus while Canvas is drawn
- Fixed copy/paste from Lemur to other applications
- Fixed issues where Daemon ports would get disconnected and appear in red
- Fixed issue with mislabeled Daemon ports
Moog's Animoog got a major bug fix update today!
What's new in Animoog v2.2.2:
- File not Found message and app stuck when AudioCopy from 4 Track
- Animoog Midi In appears as an option for Midi Out
- MIDI IN state always appears as OFF
- Canceling Restore Purchases, app will ignore Cancel user's request
- Choosing Delete causes crash, when no saved project on the list
- Saving project while in record mode, app crashes
- Choosing AudioPaste option while in record mode, cause crash