DrumKick (Universal) and DrumKick for iPhone were both finally updated with support for Audiobus and IAA!
What's new in DrumKick v1.1.3:
Woo-hoo! DrumKick is finally compatible with Audiobus and Inter-App Audio! Now, you can record and add your favorite reverb, delay, chorus, and/or compression to DrumKick's audio output with the third-party apps that you know and love. Thank you for your patience!
Please note: If you plan to run DrumKick simultaneously with multiple apps via Audiobus or IAA, please disable the 3-D cymbal animations by following these steps:
- Go into DrumKick's Settings menu via the gear icon.
- Scroll down to the "3-D animations" toggle switch, and turn it off.
- Quit DrumKick.
- Launch the Audiobus app.
- Select DrumKick for the input audio route.
- Play your heart out and have fun!
Happy playing, and enjoy!
In this Let's Play, Jakob Haq from The Sound Test Room reveals his sound design process for his snare, with contributions from the community in his big collaboration project.
MultitrackStudio's update improves the sound quality of all instruments, along with integrated audio copy to and from tracks.
What's new in MultitrackStudio for iPad v1.8:
- MultitrackStudio Instruments: virtually all instruments sound better. Acoustic pianos respond to Soft pedal (controller #67). Bowed strings and many winds respond the Legato controller (#68). Synths have Filter and Resonance knobs. Drums have Bass/Snare/Toms/Hihat/Ride/Crash level knobs.
- Track editors can copy to (or paste from) General Pasteboard or AudioShare. Swipe horizontally over the COPY (or PASTE) button to access these options.
- MIDI editors: added 'swing' options to quantize resolution box.
- MIDI pitch controller editor now has 'R' button to set pitch bend range.
- 'Export MIDI tracks' can export to General Pasteboard.
- Tracks can be switched to Practice Mode by doubleclicking the track's Play button. Tracks can now be in Practice Mode regardless of instrument or effect panes being visible. Having multiple tracks in practice mode simultaneously is now possible.
- Tempo editor: BPM lower limit lowered to 8 BPM, so there's more room for fermata.
- Soft-monitored audio tracks: level meter shows speaker symbol to indicate output clipping (the meter itself shows the input level).
- Fixed: Stereo Imager wouldn't convert stereo input to pure mono (Width=0 didn't work).
- Extension Pack now features Multiband Compressor effect.
The developer behind touchAble and Midimux has released Audiomux, the first app to provide audio streaming over a standard Lightning/30-pin connection to USB. Presently this only supports iOS to Mac, so all of us Windows users are left out on this one as well.
They mention here that Audiomux has the ability to connect multiple iOS devices to OSX simultaneously!
Audiomux iTunes Description:
audiomux is the first app capable of streaming audio to a Mac via the standard 30pin/lightning USB cable. integrate your iOS apps into your music production environment, just like you would use a plugin.
At the technical level, audiomux creates a virtual audio device for each iDevice connected to the Mac. since the audio is transferred digitally via USB, the audio received on either side is transparent, without any loss of signal quality - and that at a very low latency.
- stream audio from your iOS Apps to your Mac and vice versa
- Audiobus integration ensures immediate compatibility with countless iOS music Apps
- connect multiple iOS devices to your Mac, each will create its own audio device
- low cpu usage – so you can keep using all your apps
- very low latency via USB
audiomux is currently only compatible with Mac
REQUIRES Audiobus App!
iOS 7 and up
OSX 10.9 and up
Here is the preview we got from The Sound Test Room, which includes both Audiomux and Midimux together.