Both versions of Auria received an update that adds a new IAP plug-in from FXpansion, along with usability tweaks.
What's new in 1.08:
- New optional plug-in available:
FXpansion DCAM EnvShaper
- Mute region function
- Lock locators and lock markers options added to transport menu
- Join function
- Dedicated loop handle added to each region, allowing automatic duplicates while preserving length and offset
- Split All function
- Various bug fixes: see our forum for more info
The FXpansion DCAM EnvShaper is based on their Propellerhead Reason Rack Extension.
There is no demo video for the Auria version, so hopefully this Reason video gives you an idea of what it can be used for.
I've lost track, but I think this is Rheyne's 4th video this week!
Live looping with analog keyboards, USB controllers, iOS devices, and Ableton Live. All loops were recorded live, nothing was pre-recorded.
Download or stream the audio at SoundCloud: http://snd.sc/ZvTBgm
- DJ TechTools MIDI Fighter 3D in MF3D Launcher mode
- iPad running Lemur, wirelessly controlling Ableton Live
- iPad running Sunrizer
- Oxygen25 controlling NI's Kontakt for piano
- Oxygen25 controlling Sunrizer via an iConnectMIDI
- KMI QuNeo controlling NI's Kontakt (drums)
- DSI MoPho Keyboard
- Akai APC20
- Novation Launchpad
- Moog Prodigy
- Fender Rhodes w/ MXR Wylde Overdrive
- PreSonus 1818VSL connected to a Macbook Pro
- 5x Chauvet Slim Par 56 LED
- 2x American DJ Mega 50 RGB
- American DJ H2O LED
MusicApps.com.br editor Marcus Padrini is the first to give us a demonstration of the audio input capabilities of iMini. Fortunately he even has an Arturia MiniBrute for the task! Here he's running both MIDI and audio from the MiniBrute into iMini.
This is also a great opportunity to hear spoken Portugese, but you can skip ahead 3 minutes in to hear what the synths sound like!
Thumbjam was one of the first apps to support Audiobus, and now they are among the first to support JACK Audio Connection Kit!
I was playing around with it this morning. You can record loops and sample instruments from other JACK apps, but it will not allow you to monitor the input. If you want to hear what you're recording or sampling, remember to leave an output connection from the app to the System Audio.
I was also having some issues with Sunvox and Thumbjam working together in JACK. If I launched Sunvox and then Thumbjam, Thumbjam would kick Sunvox out of JACK. Very weird! I managed a work-around by launching some other JACK app between the time I launched Sunvox and Thumbjam.
What's new in 2.3:
- ALL orientations finally supported on iPad!
- JACK support added, another way to stream audio and midi between apps.
- fixed stuck sustain issue on second loaded instrument slot
- fixed some MIDI output issues with split screen between first and second loaded instruments
- fixed crashing issue in MIDI settings when VoiceOver is active
Sunvox got a huge update today, including support for both Audiobus and JACK! The price has also been raised by $1.
What's new in 1.7.3:
- added Virtual MIDI Port;
- support of Audiobus;
- support of JACK Audio Connection Kit for iOS;
- support of 4-Inch display;
- improved Compressor algorithm;
- default base note for WAV/AIFF samples is C5;
- SunVox file is now includes additional information: timeline cursor position, current module, current pattern;* sound engine optimization;
- added options for the MultiSynth: Use static note C5 (treat all received notes as C5); Ignore notes with zero velocity;
- new Pattern Editor function - Slice by cursor;
- added MIDI import; now you can load any MIDI files directly through the Load Song dialog;
- added support of the following MIDI commands: Start, Continue, Stop;
- number of MetaModule User Defined Controllers can be changed from 0 to 13;
- added MIDI Omni Mode (all MIDI channels will be accepted);
- new option in the Preferences->Interface: Show virtual keyboard; use it to show or hide virtual qwerty keyboard;
- scrolling when highlighting in the Sample Editor;
- per-pattern Mute/Solo (Timeline menu -> Toggle mute / Toggle solo);
- Vorbis Player is now supports the sample offset commands (09 and 07);
- added ability to create a new pattern by double clicking on an empty area of the Timeline;
- new Timeline function - Slice Pattern(s) (knife position = current playing position);
- new std. pattern effect 23 - set controller value to the random number with range from XX (00..FF) to YY (00..FF);
- new std. pattern effect 1F - set BPM;
- new songs: Manwe - Early Fall remake (original by Tangrine), kostya_m - Midnight, take_my_hand, follow_the_sun;
- new simple examples: metamodule_test, metamodule_with_automation, random_ctl_values_with_range, trance, compressor2;
- new instrument (pads): moving_pad, vocal_synth, filter_slide_up, analog, analog2, analog3, analog_distorted, space, violin, violin2, violin3, violin4;
- new instrument (keyboard): analog10, fm2, bell2;
- bugs fixed.
Reader dswo commented with this find of Sunvox being used as an effect in Audiobus. This video from Saveas909 shows the whole setup process, including the wiring the Input module in Sunvox, and a demo of it providing reverb to Sunrizer. He even plugs in a Sampler module in Sunvox to provide drums in the middle of the Audiobus chain.