Jonatan Liljedahl shows off the next addition to his AUFX series of effects apps. AUFX: Push is an upcoming compressor with support for external side-chain input, which I believe is a first for a standalone app on iOS!
For anyone who went cross-eyed on that last sentence: side-chaining on a compressor means you take one signal and duck it based on input from another channel. The most obvious use of this is when you push down bass when a kick drum hits, so you hear the kick punch. It can be used as an effect when the amount of ducking is slopped by an envelope. This creates that "breathing" bassline heard on every EDM track from the late-00s.
Coming soon! A highly tweakable stereo dynamics processor with noise gate, compressor/expander with external side-chain input, and limiter/clipper. Part of the AUFX series, a collection of simple and powerful audio effect apps.
Yonac's ToneStack and ToneStack GO were both got a huge update! The full version is also on sale for 50% off!
What's new in ToneStack (both):
Lots of AWESOME new features for the inStudio 8 track recorder:
• You can now use up to four FX for each track as inserts!
• Use inserts to add FX during mixing, or to conveniently and non-destructively re-amp your existing tracks
• You can use any unlocked effect, amp or cabinet in ToneStack as an insert
• The user friendly UI allows you to easily add, reorder and remove inserts: and to view an effect's controls, just double tap its box on inStudio
• inStudio also introduces two sends, each with its own inserts, as well a separate master output with its own inserts group. Each track comes with variable Send 1 and Send 2 levels
• In addition, unlocking OnStage gives you two exclusive production-minded FX: Studio EQ, a high quality 5-band stereo equalizer, and Studio Compressor, a classic stereo dynamic compressor.
OnStage is revamped: you can now create performance groups to organize your existing presets into folders for different situations. Each performance group gives you 128 pads to link your presets. In addition, you can reorder presets and more!
You can now control OnStage via MIDI! Just go to Settings -> MIDI and specify whether you want MIDI program changes to be routed to OnStage or to the Preset Manager
ALL distortions, fuzzes and overdrives have been gone over and fine-tuned. The lows/mids response is way more natural and the tones are even ballsier and more realistic.
Implemented 100% silent preset switching
Fully updated for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
Many other improvements
Molten Music Technology posted this promo video for the Microsoft UK TechDays online conference, featuring various iPad music apps playing with Ableton Live on a Microsoft Surface Pro 3!
The idea being to show how well Microsoft products play with other platforms. The piece of music you hear was produced entirely on the Surface Pro 3 using Ableton Live, some software synths and a number of music producing apps on the iPad. The iPad and Surface were connected via MIDI in order to sequence the iPad from Live, and also used OSC over a wireless network to allow TouchOSC on the iPad act as a controller of Ableton Live.
It's fairly obvious that it wasn't done in a single take - it was a bit more complicated than that, but all the music was made with what you see, on the day.
Auxy's developers posted a jam session with the Auxy MIDI Out IAP driving a whole bunch of analog gear!
Improvised live session with composer and synth aficionado Jon Ekstrand, filmed in his studio in Stockholm, Sweden. Jon is using the new MIDI feature in Auxy to sequence his Tempest drum machine, Moog Voyager, Eurorack modular system, and Virus Indigo.