Novation have released a new demo video of their Novation Launchkey keyboard controlling their Launchapps.
elephantcandy have released a new version of LiveFX. This new version gets rid of the IAP and just sells it to you straight.
LiveFX is a Dynamic Effects Processor for iPad. Any audio source can be processed; use either live sound input, the built-in track player that plays from your iTunes library or Audiobus to stream audio through LiveFX. Create your own combination of audio effects, and simultaneously control up to four effects using a single fingertip (over 1000 possible combinations) or use multi-touch for automated dynamic sound effects. Make music with features that truly stand out from the crowd. Introducing LiveFX for iPad; it’s sound control evolved to a whole new level.
- Hook up any source or even use an other app with Audiobus
- Control multiple effects in realtime using the intuitive LiveFX touchpad
- Create your own LiveFX combinations and use up to four effects at once
- Use multi touch to create an auto dynamic effect
- Use one of the many preset-banks or save your own
- With Audiobus access those presets from within an other app
- Make your own effect combination from the countless possibilities
- Lock button holds the effect settings, for dazzling hands-free use
- Versatile and highly playable effects control, delivering unimaginable expression
- New Looper effects – Forward, Reverse and Slice – add new audio intensity
- Mix it up with new DJ emulation Vinyl Break and Ducking Compressor effects
- Auto BPM detection and Tap Tempo keeps your LiveFX locked to the beat
This is essentially a Korg KaossPad Quad in app form and worth checking out. Here is a gearful demo from elephantcandy!
Derek Buddemeyer has an excellent and concise tutorial for working with the 8-Track recorder recently added to JamUp, as an IAP. Here he demonstrates getting a nice drum pattern out of BeatMaker 2 and then jamming to it on his guitar plugged into JamUp.
Cubasis got a nice big update today, with new effects plug-ins and FLAC import/export support!
What's new in 1.3
- 2 new plug-ins:
• 4 band parametric StudioEQ
• Brickwall limiter
- Now you can use up to 4 inserts per track
- FLAC file import and export
- Cubasis can be set as an input and output simultaneously in Cubasis
- CPU meter
- Polyphony meter
- MIDI panic button
- Many user reported problems solved