Jakob Haq was busy this weekend! In addition to answering his email, and releasing 64 Bell presets for Thor, he also posted this excellent jam on Figure and a classic Kaossilator! This one is really good, definitely check it out!
Several nice apps went on sale over the weekend. BeatHawk's Sound Expansions are also on sale until the 26th.
Diode's sale comes ahead of a new update about to be released. Here Doug Woods previews the advanced effects.
At the Summer NAMM Show, WiFo was showing one of the stranger gadgets we've seen, the RemoFinger.
The RemoFinger is a 'remote finger' foot pedal that lets you control your iPad, iPhone or Android device using your feet. Because it's a mechanical solution, it works with any app, not just ones that support MIDI.
From Synthtopia's 2015 Summer NAMM Show coverage: http://www.synthtopia.com/content/tag/2015-summer-namm-show/
A couple of months ago Hercules announced their latest DJ controller for Android and iOS. The DJControlWaveM3 uses Bluetooth to connect to damn near everything. It can be used in several modes. Either standalone with desktops and tablets individually, or combine both platforms for multi-screen mode. It was supposed to be released last month for $300, but I can't find it for sale anywhere. I did find this new promo video though!
Hercules DJControlWaveM3 The first wireless DJ controller compatible with all screens - PC, Mac, Android, iOS.
DJControlWaveM3 provides three usage and mix modes:
• The DJControlWaveM3 plugs into a computer, Mac® or PC via USB ("Laptop Mode"), for essential mixing with included DJUCEDTM 40° software or all other DJ MIDI software such as VirtualDJ or Traktor.
• The DJControlWaveM3 plugs into a computer combined with a touchscreen device (tablet or smartphone), connected via wireless Bluetooth® technology, also integrated in the controller. It’s the "Multiscreen Mode".
• The Tablet Mode" allowing the DJ to wirelessly connect just his tablet to DJControlWaveM3 for a completely touchscreen-controlled mix using the application DJUCEDTM DJW (for iPad) or DJUCEDTM App (Android compatible).
DJControlWaveM3 comes with jog wheels in a metallic finish, and back-lit buttons to guide the DJ in low light conditions. This light and portable device provides eight hours of usage for an event lasting into the night thanks to its integrated battery.
This summer has provided me with some free time to finally get back into fully fleshing out songs worth sharing. This track features the Animoog patch I developed in my Let's Play with Animoog video. I'm really proud of the drum arrangement!
I try not to get political in my music or blog. I will however say that this is a pro-necrophilia song. Now doesn't it seem silly that some people are worrying about gay people getting married, when we live in a world with a pro-necrophilia song?
This track features a voodoo drum pattern that I reworked into 4/4 and is played on Taiko drum samples, which are further supplemented with synthesized drum parts on the Analog RYTM. I'm really pleased with how they all came together!
Download for free on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/discchord/requiem-for-the-unrequited/s-arKRq
- Drums: Elektron Analog RYTM
- Bass: Moog Minitaur
- Acid Lead 1: Roland TR-3
- Acid Lead 2: Cyclone TT-303
- Pretty Shit: Animoog for iPad
- Controller Software: TouchAble for iPad