Morgan Krause has a series of tutorials explaining her Lemur setup to control Ableton Live for live looping. This video is the culmination, featuring an improvisation on piano that becomes increasingly gritty through the use of Ableton effects.
Audiobus was the biggest thing to happen to iOS music apps in 2013, and Audiobus 2 is set to take that crown again for 2014! The 2.0 update has finally landed on iTunes! The two major features added are Multi-Routing and Presets.
The Multi-Routing comes as a $5 In-App Purchase, and allows for an infinite variety of audio streams, with multiple effects in each! The Presets are another major advancement in the Audiobus workflow and come free with the Audiobus 2.0 update. Presets not only store Audiobus routes, but also settings for the individual apps that support State Saving. This is going to be huge! You can even share these presets so that other people can try out interesting app combinations you come up with.
What's new in Audiobus v2.0:
Important for existing version 1 users: If you're encountering a crash when purchasing the In-App Purchase, please delete the Audiobus app, reboot your iDevice and then install it freshly again. You won't be charged twice. We're submitting a bug fix right now.
Audiobus 2 introduces a brand new interface and a number of significant new features:
- New Multi-Routing feature ($5 In-App Purchase) allows unlimited connections and effect chaining.
- Presets let you save and share connections and the settings of the individual apps within your Audiobus workflow.
- Multi-channel input hardware support.
- New hardware latency controls
Along with this release come sales for many of the most prominent Audiobus apps! Including Holderness Media's effects apps, all marked down to $2. Developer Christopher Rice has even shared a bunch of Audiobus 2 presets for you to explore!
Guitarism, Jamup Pro, Echo Pad
Audiobus preset 'Crystal Clean': http://preset.audiob.us/0nXNof6BWwzdLDU
Loopy, Echo Pad, Swoopster, Stereo Designer, Moog Filtatron
Audiobus preset 'Loopy + 4 FX Pipelines': http://preset.audiob.us/frAwhAOAKIZUjsl
Sector, Echo Pad, Stereo Designer, AudioShare
Audiobus preset 'Snareo Echo': http://preset.audiob.us/YobhiZBeoeQEpP0
Sector, Swoopster, Stereo Designer, AudioShare
Audiobus preset 'Sector Swoopster Smashed': http://preset.audiob.us/HLxD7Rl0U0c2WEA
Nave, Echo Pad, Stereo Designer
Audiobus preset 'Navechoes': http://preset.audiob.us/S5Xq9iufu07C78R
Steinberg shared an extremely tantalizing teaser for the automation system coming soon to Cubasis! It's so lust worthy I was going to hold off on posting this until some details came out. Alas, Steinberg responded to my inquiry that they were not prepared to announced a release date yet. So be prepared to be teased mercilessly!
What's new in ILRemote v1.2:
- New "trackpad" pad mode - Use ILRemote as a virtual trackpad to control your computer's mouse (requires FL 11.1 or later)
- New "shortcut" pad mode - Send any keyboard shortcut to FL Studio and Deckadance (requires FL 11.1 or later)
- New "breath" controller - Control a parameter using the device's microphone
- Containers - Controls can now be dragged in and out of containers
- Fonts - New font size setting for control labels
- Power management - Added a battery level indicator
- Custom scale editor - Has been moved to the layout settings, and is now usable with both the keyboard and the harmonic grid
- MIDI - Channel selection for accelerometers
- Mixer - Improved scrolling: tap and drag to select the track range more precisely
- Fix - Returning to the home screen even if "cancel" was pressed
- Piano - New piano roll shortcuts presets
- Bugs n stuff - Various fixes and improvements
They've also released this new demo video, showing off ILRemote on their DJ software Deckadance 2.