Guitarism got a little update with big changes to IAPs for the highly favored guitar app.
What's new in 3.23:
- Purchase guitars & effects individually or save big on the bundle
- Improved UX flow and help
Those two lines don't really convey a lot, so I spoke with Guitarism developer Rhism to get the full story.
Hey Tim, thanks for the note. There are two main "new" things in v3.23:
1) The new guitars & effects can now be purchased individually - $2 per guitar, $1 per effect. The Rockstar Collection bundle IAP (3 guitars + 8 effects - $14 value) is still there and is still on the "introductory" price of $5 but I will be increasing that price after 24 hrs.
2) There's a better "first launch user experience" that helps people learn how to play the app, how to use the menus etc. It's more for casual users and only kicks in for people getting the app for the first time, so may not be very relevant to your audience.
There are also some new demo videos showing off techniques for playing on the iPad, and here on the iPhone:
m.phase Studio have released a new DAW Remote app for controlling PC/Mac workstations from an iPad. Rather than the simulated knobs and fadders that come with other controller apps, they're offering a unique control surface that is based on gestures.
m.phase DAW Remote iTunes Description:
m.phase is a completely new way of controlling your favorite DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) using innovative and still easy to learn multi touch gestures.
Make usage of an awesome multi touch blind control that mimics hand movements you are used to. This approach of a blind remote control helps you to focus on your creativity and mixing. No more inconvenient clicking and dragging with your computer mouse.
m.phase supports Mackie Control protocol and HUI protocol and works with both MAC and Windows. MAC users can immediately work with the integrated MIDI Network settings. Windows users should install rtpMIDI to enable MIDI Network functionality.
- multi touch gestures for all implemented remote features like volume, pan, mute/solo, ...
- blind control helps you to focus on your creativity
- highly secure gestures to avoid accidental changes
- ultimate user experience with beautifully designed animations
- one to rule them all - every DAW works the same way
- well documented setup instructions
- compatible with MAC and Windows
Officially Supported DAWs
- Avid Pro Tools
- Apple Logic
- Steinberg Cubase / Nuendo
- Ableton Live
- Cockos Reaper
+ other DAWs that support Mackie Control and HUI
Flux302 has a very eclectic mix of interests on his YouTube channel; ranging from modular synths, to Native Instrument's Maschine, and mobile music apps! Here he reviews Bose's Soundlink Bluetooth speaker with music apps in mind.
Sonoma Wire Works celebrates their 11th birthday, with a "Sonoma goes to 11" sale on apps and IAPs at 50% off!