The long anticipated Audiobus update for NanoStudio has arrived!
What's new in NanoStudio v1.4:
- Audiobus support for input (sampling) and output (main mix)
- Virtual MIDI inputs for note and controller data
- MIDI input transpose
- 4 extra banks for your Eden presets
- Fixed 'empty sample' bug when pasting from some Waldorf apps
That bit at the end about Waldorf apps is interesting, because the only Waldorf app that is currently on iTunes is the Rocket Control; which wouldn't be pasting anything.
There is also a note from Blip Interactive on the official NanoStudio forum about MIDI out:
I would have liked to add MIDI output and sync, but both these features would have required extensive changes to the sequencer to get the timing rock-solid and unfortunately I don't have the time to do this right now.
Also joining Audiobus today is xMod, an FM synth, and the drone synth Noisemusick.
What's new in xMod v1.3:
- Better sound quality and effects!!
- Audiobus compatible
- Core MIDI compatible - Sends AND receives MIDI including program (sound patch) information
- Now runs in background mode
- Fixed file management - can now delete files within app.
Ryan Hemeon from iOS MARS has done a second tutorial for MIDI Pattern Sequencer, this time focusing on the automation features. This is his second MIDI Pattern Sequencer tutorial this week, you can find the Getting Started video here.
Developer Replikon has released a series of apps dedicated to learning specific woodwind instruments. They even let you import your own MIDI files. Here is a demo video of the features in the apps.
Note: In the video he says they are Universal, but on iTunes they are all iPad only!
Reader Florent emailed in to let me know about this update to Wejaam, a fun and free music sequencer. Or at least it was free, but that wasn't paying so this update adds a shop. The Audiobus and AudioCopy functionality are part of the Pro package for $5.
What's new in Weejaam v1.2:
SHOP:Opportunity to purchase, via In-App Purchases, programs in different categories.
- AUDIO COPY: The sequence played is copied into a buffer and can be pasted into another application.
- EXPORT LOOPS: Allows to export an audio sample corresponding to the sequence played to your favorite DAW Ableton, Cubase, Protools, Logic, Imea ...
- SoundCloud: A menu allows you to transfer your recordings to your SoundCloud account.
- PRESETS: You can create up to 4 parameter presets for each area.
- AUDIOBUS: Compatible AUDIOBUS with iPhone 4S, iPad 3 or higher.