Jam Maestro got it's iOS 8 update which also adds some interesting interoperability with DrumJam. This update comes with a deep discount sale, at over 50% off!
What's new in Jam Maestro v3.0.2:
- iOS 8 support added.
- Audiobus 2.1.3 SDK.
- Expanded the range of tunings possible for each string in 'Custom' tuning, so many more obscure tunings are now possible.
- DrumJam Drum Templates now take advantage of DrumJam MIDI Program Change support (so assuming you dont have any Drum IAP in DrumJam it will automatically select the correct drum kit in DrumJam when you change the template in Jam Maestro)
- Fixed some odd behaviour with midi start.
- Fixed strumming for midi instruments.
- Various other bug fixes.
Retronyms' Louis is showing off a new "tabletop-ready" phase distortion synthesizer, currently codenamed "Digits." They are also showing off the Wej some more, but after over a week they are still quite far from their funding goal.
The iPad version of Werkbench, the popular looping sampler, got its first update since March of last year!
What's new in Werkbench v2.1.0:
- iOS 8 compatible
(updated the Audiobus SDK)
- Realtime metering of input signal so you can see when the threshold is crossed
- You can now rename patterns in the loop browser
- Choose vertical or horizontal knob control.
- Record audio directly into the 'importer'
Ashley over at the Palm Sounds blog has been considering the possibility of starting up another music app podcast!
In the past there has been the Touch Sound Podcast, and the short lived Touch Music Podcast predecessor, as well as the iOS Music & You Podcast.
Lately our community has been under represented in the podcasting domain. As a personal fan of podcasts I'd love for us to have one, but it isn't something I have the time to spearhead. I've given Ashley my support if he decides to do one, but now he needs to hear from you.
Unfortunately he totally buried the lead on this one, at the bottom of a semi-unrelated article. No one has replied to his question:
"If you think [Touch Sound Podcast] should come back I'd like to hear from you as to what you'd like to see in the show."
Head on over to the comments section on his site and let him know!