PreSonus has released Studio One Remote, a dedicated control surface app for their Studio One v3 desktop DAW.
Studio One Remote iTunes Description:
PreSonus® Studio One® Remote is a free iPad® remote control app designed specifically for use with PreSonus Digital Audio Workstation Studio One 3 Professional on Mac® and Windows® computers. It’s the perfect companion, both as a “second screen” app in a workstation setup or as a flexible mobile remote for recording, mixing and editing when away from the computer.
Studio One Remote is based on the PreSonus software applications framework and utilizes the UCNET protocol for network connectivity and remote control. This is the same technology that powers PreSonus remote control apps such as UC-Surface, as well as the popular multitrack live recording software Capture™ (desktop) and Capture for iPad.
- Remote control of Studio One 3 transport and mix console
- Commands page for access to all Studio One factory and user commands and macros
- Control up to 28 plug-in parameters using Control Link
- PreSonus UCNET networking technology for ultra-fast connectivity
- Macro Control view for quick access to FX parameters
- Fast song navigation using scalable timeline, marker list and Arranger sections
- Control any Studio One system on the same network; control a single Studio One with multiple remote apps simultaneously
- Start Page with demo mode and integrated Quick Help
- Access multiple Cue Mixes with independent faders
- Access record modes, Pre-count and Metronome settings
Studio One Remote works with Studio One 3 Professional version 3.0.1 or newer. Requires second-generation iPad or newer, iPad Air, or iPad Mini and iOS 8 or later.
This has been quite a long while in the making. Here is a preview for the app, from back in January 2011! I couldn't find a newer official demo. There is a video detailing what's new in Studio One 3.
MATRIXSYNTH found one of the best sounding Korg Monotribe jams I've ever heard, by Fede Manfredi. He's using a ton of effects, including some from his iPad! I can't identify the app he's using. It looks familiar, but I can't place it.
Korg Monotribe Bassline / hi hat
An1x - Lead synth
FL Studio - drums, pads, main sync
Nord electro 3 - solina w/phaser
ipad mini - FXs
Line 6 pod xt - FXs
YouTuber jonnyb098 is displeased with iOS 8.4, and the update to the music app that came with it. Here he documents some pretty terrible screen refresh slow-down on his iPad Air 2. This only happens when he's using the Music player app in the background, so it seems like it may be isolated to just when that app is running. Either way, this is a healthy warning not to go updating your devices. Let the guinea pigs do it first!