Retronyms brought Louis back to show off the oscillators in their upcoming app, codenamed Digits.
In this week's development video, Louis delves into Codename Digits' powerful phase distortion oscillators. This is only one of the features that makes Codename Digits such a unique and rich sounding synthesizer.
Wej needs you! Help support wej by pre-ordering yours and get 20% off. Get Wej for just $99.00 through November 7th preorder.retronyms.com
DJ S Craigs put his Traktor license to good use! Aided by his Denon Sound card with 4 individual outputs he is running some pretty elaborate sound effects for his house this Halloween! Best of all he designed it so he can control it from his pocket with TouchOSC on his iPhone.
Traktor DJ software coupled with TOUCH OSC app on an iphone 5. Software connects via usb to a denon sound card with 4 discreet outputs. Each of the 4 audio outputs goes to it's own QSC K8 1000 watt self powered speaker. I can stand in front of my home and trigger sound effects at high volume when people get near a speaker zone. Each of the 4 speakers are placed in different spots with their own unique sounds.
Apptronica has released a creepy community compilation Halloween album! 21 songs, many of them great, and all free!
Péter Botka has released his hotly anticipated Audiobus Mixer app! It is on sale for just $3, but sadly not Universal.
MiMiX iTunes Description:
With MiMiX You can take total control of mixing of Your favorite Audiobus enabled apps’ outputs in the most convenient way. Just insert MiMiX into the Output Slot of Audiobus, even into multiple chains to mix the sound of the connected input or effect apps. You can even insert MiMIX into the input slot to send the mix to an other app, like a DAV to record the mix.
- Mix up to 8 Audiobus enabled apps including the system input or multiple channels of a multichannel input hardware
- Set the main mix volume level between -INF and +12dB
- Set the volume level of each input port between -INF and +12dB
- Set the panning or balance of each port (selectable)
- Mute any port
- Set any port to solo
- Monitor any port or the main mix on the built-in oscilloscopes and VU meters
- Control the main mix volume and volume, balance, mute and solo for each port using a MIDI controller or a Core MIDI app
- Set the MIDI CC parameters of each control via MIDI learn
- Set the MIDI channel and button behavior in the System Settings
- Double-tap on each knob or slider to set its default value
- Check the saturation indicator for each port to check if the pots power reached 0dB
- Check the clip indicator on the main mix to avoid clipping.
- MiMiX uses a 32 bit integer engine so clipping can only occur at the main mix
- MiMiX is lightweight - minimal CPU usage and memory footprint
Compatible with iPad2 and newer. Requires iOS7 or newer and Audiobus 2. Fully iOS8 compatible.
Motion-sensitive drum performance app FlexyDrum got a nice update, adding Inter-App Audio and the ability to change the synthesis parameters buried in the drum parts! This also comes with a new demo video!
What's new in FlexyDrum v1.2:
- access to sound synthesis parameters
- modulation axis settable(added Z axis and color depth)
- audition sound in parameters zone
- updated menu
- learning area for explanations
- Inter-App Audio