Soundtower Software have begun porting their synthesizer patch editing software to the iPad! There have been a lot of similar dedicated MIDI editors released, but these look quite polished. The first two synths are Dave Smith Instrument's Mopho and Tetra.
Note that the Mopho version keeps insisting it is intended for the Mopho Keyboard, rather than the Mopho Desktop. I can't imagine why that would make a difference, but it seems pretty specific about that.
Tetra & Mopho Sound Editor iTunes Description(s):
Tetra & Mopho Sound Editors are fully-featured Editor and Sound Development tools created specifically for Dave Smith Instruments Mopho Keyboard and Tetra synthesizers. They require the DSI Mopho Keyboard or DSI Tetra synthesizers.
Mopho/Tetra Sound Editor provides the ultimate editing and sound development experience by displaying all Mopho/Tetra Program parameters in a single, intuitive, graphical interface. The interface resembles the look and feel of the real synthesizer while streamlining your workflow and allowing you to view the complete details of any Program at a glance and to edit any parameter using your iPad. It allows you to see how the factory Programs are put together or to freely experiment to see what you can create.
Some of Mopho/Tetra Sound Editor's features include:
- Real time editing of all Mopho Keyboard parameters
- Program Bank manager
- Load/Save of Program Banks
- Transmitting and receiving of Program Bank data
- Sequencer editor
- Resizable on-screen keyboard
- Direct USB/MIDI connection with Apple iPad Camera Adapter
- Wireless connection possible using MIDI network
- Magnified editing panels
Longtime reader Maria just turned 50! Her teenage son bought her an iPad mini Retina as a birthday present and she immediately put it to use in this video! Here Maria sings an original song, on turning 50, with Master FX for her vocals.
Jordan Rudess has released an interactive album app, after a successful PledgeMusic campaign. There are no demo videos yet, and they would probably be DMCA'd on YouTube anyhow. One unique feature in this app is Audiobus support. As far as I know this is the first interactive album you can easily resample into Audiobus!
Jordan Rudess Explores iTunes Description:
Jordan Rudess’ latest solo piano recording, “All That is Now,” (released December 3rd, 2013 on iTunes) comes to life in a new companion app for iOS!
About The App
Jordan Rudess Explores the Music of All That is Now invites you to do more than listen to Jordan’s amazing new solo piano recordings; rich visualizations, atmospheric accompaniments, and unearthly sonic effects will all be at your fingertips. Journey deep inside these beautifully composed pieces as you discover your own unique musical experience, then share it with your friends.
- 10 solo piano compositions plus more available via in-app purchase.
- Sculpt color, light, and sound with hypnotic visual themes that react to your gestures, creating a unique experience every time.
- Trigger filters and audio effects with simple gestures, or blend gorgeous reverbs and delays.
- Mix in additional improvised accompaniment tracks, uniquely created for each song.
- Artist sound packs by Richard Devine, Heavyocity and others provide ambient sounds that you control; blend in nature sounds like wind and rain, or add celestial synths. 2 included with more available via in-app purchase.
- Share your sonic explorations and creations with your friends via Twitter, Facebook, Messages, and email.
Jordan Rudess Explores the Music of All That is Now was created by Jordan with developer Joe Zobkiw to explore the intersection between the traditional and electronic world we all live in. Headphones are highly recommended!
Over 2 years have passed since Jasuto was last updated, which seems like a lifetime ago in this rapidly expanding world of apps.
Many apps lay abandoned in iTunes' pile of the "Music" category. It's nice to see Jasuto come back, with a big update to modernize the app! This update includes new modules for $1 each, and a $5 Hi-Fi Audio IAP.
What's new in Jasuto v1.5:
- Added Audiobus support (input, effect & output)
- Completely compatible with iOS7
- Updated UI graphics
- Universal device and Retina support
- Zillions of bugs squashed
- A shinny new manual
- Added background audio support
- Low latency audio (256 samples)
- Sample sharing through SoundCloud
- Dropbox syncing of samples/scenes
- New ADSR2, AP, Brick, EXP, Mix, Power, ZeroX, Tanh, Gain Node Modules
- High Fidelity (Hi-Fi) Audio
- New Nodes:
• Chorus Module
• Detuned Module
• Dirty Module
• Morph Module
• Space Module
There has already been some anger over the $5 High-Fidelity IAP, with some users expecting that the app they paid for should sound as good as it can without an additional fee. The free parts of this update, like Audiobus and Dropbox, are welcomed though!
YouTuber Настя Маслова did a beautiful loop jam with the Boss RC-505 Loop Station and a bunch of gear. Surprisingly there is even an Akai MPC Fly in the mix! The lyrics are mostly in English, and only occasionally lapsing into Russian. Everything about this is great, even the Recorder solo!