MultiTrackDAW's first update of the year makes up for lost time with a massive amount of improvements and bug fixes!
What's new in MultiTrack DAW v4.0:
- Freeze tracks - drastically reduces processing for tracks with IAA effects, and frees up the plugins for use on other tracks.
- Loop Recording - allows continuous overwriting while it loops. Stop and undo after a good take.
- Smaller audio buffers - sizes of 64 are now supported for low latency monitoring.
- Rewritten audio engine for perfectly clean audio quality.
- Volume/pan adjustments are filtered and interpolated, no 'zippering'.
- Compressor uses exponential gain reduction metering.
- Long-Touch zipped song project icon now has 'Open in' button for sharing the zip.
- Final mixdown now uses loop markers as song start and end.
- Final mixdown won't overwrite older mixdowns with same name.
- All sorting/ordering uses numeric sort (Song, Shared, Inputs, IAA effects, generators, instruments).
- Silence rendered to IAA plugins when doing mixdown/copy operation, to flush out buffers.
- Wi-Fi web server lists songs in same order as shown in multitrack.
- Track and bin download filenames now contain the song name as prefix.
- Fix an iPhone 6S bug with missing tabs (Export, Shared, and Upgrades).
- Fix iOS 9 bug with 2 finger pinch zooming sometimes popping back to another zoom level.
- Fix retina displays sometimes not able to open the Hotbox with a Long-Touch.
- Fix an Audiobus monitoring bug where no sound would be heard unless 'Input Monitoring' was on.
- Fix a bug when drag reordering 3 or more IAA track plugins.
- New Audiobus lib should fix the samplerate issues on iPhone 6S with internal speaker/mic.
- Fix a buffer size bug on cold start.
- Fix lights on compressor gain reduction meter being stuck sometimes when turning it off.
- SoundCloud fixes.
Doug Woods did an EPIC Guide to Loopseque, a classic app that is still quite fun and functional. Originally released back in 2010 it has been consistently updated, even as recently as this past February. Doug spends the first half of the video jamming and then gets into the guide.
Apptronica's Clif Johnston did a detailed video to show off his complex MIDI routing setup for automatic Turnado. Using MIDI Designer as a proxy, he's able to shape the MIDI CC in a way that feels like it is on the beat, rather than just an LFO cycling endlessly. I like the results!
Arpist's latest update gets rid of the $6 In-App Purchase, making this freemium app truly free!
What's new in Arpist v1.4:
In-App Purchase waived - now enjoy the advanced features of Arpist for free!
Here's an excellent example of the MIDI generator app sending notes at a Moog Voyager.
OnSong got a big update yesterday with Spotify integration to provide chord charts for songs in the Spotify catalog!
OnSong iTunes Description:
If there's one word to describe OnSong 1.999, it's "dang". We've gotten a little obsessed this time around. But that's because we know this is going to be the last update for a while as we craft the mythical and elusive OnSong 2.0 version. That's going to take us longer than our typical one-month release cycle, so here are some great things to sink your teeth into because we all know good things come to those who wait:
- iOS 9 compatibility and loads of performance and stability improvements
- New! Spotify Integration for linking chord charts to tracks in the huge Spotify catalog for what, 10 bucks a month?
- New! Automatic Backup keeps your library safe without you thinking about it. Well, at least after you set it up.
- New! Quick Pick screen lets you type to search for songs. Tap the menubar title to open. Type. Tap to add. Simple.
- New! Organizer Menu replaces the "Star Menu" to assign songs a custom icon or place it in sets and books. Why a star icon? Because it's magic, that's why.
- New! Separate Styles for Books lets you make a book for each of your teams or bands so you know what you can play and what key to play.
- New! Improved Slider Controls for faster and more accurate selections. Plus they are teal, and we have an affinity for that color.
- New! Playback and Timer heads-up display to control your music and time your performance. Do more with less (menus).
- New! Bluetooth MIDI support lets you connect to your instruments and equipment without wires. Neat.
But seriously, there's not enough room here for all we've done. If you want the full and riveting story of our lives for the past two months, please visit: http://onsongapp.com/releases/1.999/