MultitrackStudio got an update adding Audiobus 2, along with a $20 IAP for automating the mixer and effects.
What's new in MultitrackStudio v1.4:
- Overview bar (above tracks) shows editor data while scrolling an editor. Works for all editors except the Song Editor.
- Editors: needle no longer moves while scrolling with one finger. Use two fingers to move needle too.
- Opening track editor: height is identical to existing open track editors (if any).
- Editors scroll faster after scrolling in the same direction repeatedly.
- Track name box flashes after closing the track editor, making the track easier to find.
- Audio input level fader now appears in the main view when it's needed (the Input button is removed).
- Audio track: input selector shows level meters even if Rec button isn't engaged.
- New 'Chords' onscreen keyboard (play chords with one finger).
- Onscreen keyboard: keys can be wider (zoom with two fingers on the gray bar at the top).
- Reverb effect now has Lo Freq, Lo Mult, Hi Cut, Spin en Width knobs.
- Uses Audiobus 2.1.2 SDK (iOS 8 ready). iOS 7 or newer is now required because of this.
- Extension Pack (in-app purchase) now includes mixer and effect automation.
- Fixed: audio editors could flicker while scrolling backwards.
Focusrite has announced a new iTrack Dock Studio Pack. The bundle includes a condenser microphone, headphones, XLR cable, and of course an iTrack Dock! SoundLive put together a demo using the new gear, and is accepting pre-orders for UK customers at £250. Sweetwater is also accepting pre-orders for $300.
Focusrite iTrack Dock Studio Pack let you record on your iPad with legendary Focusrite sound. iTrack Dock Studio Pack features a dock with two award-winning mic preamps, a large diaphragm condenser mic, pro quality closed-back headphones and a high quality XLR cable.
Recording with the iTrack Dock Studio Pack is as simple as docking your iPad, connect the microphone and headphones, plug in your instruments straight in and start recording in exceptional quality. iTrack Dock charges your iPad, powers a USB device and integrates with most class compliant USB MIDI controllers, all without needing a USB hub or camera connection kit. iTrack Dock offers the extraordinary sound quality of Focusrite, with the simplicity of iPad.
MATRIXSYNTH found this video from inbetweenmovements, who has constructed a Eurorack rack case to fit a Microsoft Surface. Here the touchscreen device is running CycliC Step Sequencer, which is in turn driving the modular synth. He gets some great results out of this setup!
A massive update just hit for Stroke Machine! Highlights include Audiobus 2 - including State Saving, MIDI channel selection for each part, a new Mix View for managing FX sends and pans, selectable external sequencing in Audiobus/Inter-App Audio, MIDI CC Learn, and MIDI Pattern Change. Thanks to Telengard for pointing this out!
What's new in Stroke Machine v2.0:
- Maximum settings of Bar, Beat and Step highly increased. Now a pattern can have up to 16 bars with 16 beats with 16 steps each. This amounts to up to 256 64th notes per bar and 4096 64th notes in total. Please don't blame us if you mess up your patterns, but send us audio links to interesting tracks you've created with it.
- AudioBus 2 support including saving and loading of the current Stroke Machine kit.
- Added Mix view with important mix parameters for the percussion and melody sounds like Mute, Solo, Volume, Pan, FX Bus and FX Send. To automate them, activate the respective Modulation Sequence.
- Added Pad view with big, velocity-sensitive pads for the 12 percussion sounds.
- Added MIDI channel selection for each melody sound and all percussion sounds to 1 to 16, Omni (all channels) and Off (no channel).
- Layer sounds by setting several parts to the same MIDI channel.
- Added Route button. When activated, incoming MIDI notes are routed to the currently selected sound independent of the received MIDI channel. Other sounds on the same MIDI channel are layered. When deactivated, the MIDI channel of the incoming notes is evaluated and the respective sounds are played (previous versions of Stroke Machine decided automatically if incoming MIDI notes should be routed to the selected part or not depending on the MIDI input port).
- Added Internal/External Sequencer button. When using Stroke Machine with Inter-App Audio or AudioBus, you can now select if you want to continue using the internal sequencer or the sequencer of the host app.
- Added MIDI Learn. Tap the CC button to show the MIDI Learn view. Tap on any of the lime green edit buttons to arm MIDI Learn and move a dial or slider that emits MIDI Control Change messages on your hardware controller. The MIDI Control Change message is immediately assigned to this particular parameter. The MIDI channel is learned as well, so you can assign a MIDI Control Change message on MIDI channel 5 to a sound receiving notes on MIDI channel 4. Assigning a particular MIDI Control Change message to a different parameter removes the previous assignment. To remove an assignment manually, double-tap the respective MIDI Learn button. The learned MIDI Control Change messages are saved with the Kit. Please note that some MIDI Control Change messages are excluded, those are Bank Select MSB (#0), Modulation Wheel (#1), Channel Volume (#7), Pan (#10), Expression (#11), Bank Select LSB (#32), Sustain Pedal (#64) and the Mode Switches (#120 to #127). They are reserved for future use.
- Added MIDI Program Change reception. Upon receiving a MIDI Program Change message, Stroke Machine loads the Quick Access Pattern with the respective number.
- Changed Master Volume to only control the volume of Stroke Machine rather than the overall iPad volume. This way it doesn't affect other IAA or AudioBus app.
- Added Clear Pattern button in Kit view. Tapping it clears the pattern notes while keeping the sounds and other settings.
- Added LFO phase beat sync. Activate Clock and Mono and set the Startphase to any value except random (leftmost slider position) to get an LFO cycling which is hard-synced to the beat rather than to the moment when a note is played. The former behaviour is still available when Mono is switched off.
- [Lots of bug fixes.]
Developer Wolfram Franke posted that there is supposed to be a 50% off sale going on until the end of the month, but I'm not seeing it on the US iTunes yet. Update: The sale is rolling around the globe by timezone. It is on iTunes in Australia now, and will come to other regions as it becomes midnight in your local iTunes.
There is no new official video for this version, so I'll re-run my Let's Play from last Friday.
Yonac has released a freemium demo version of ToneStack, their guitar amp sim with stereo signal paths. The $5 "full" version of ToneStack comes with "6 classic amps & cabs, and 21 meticulously designed FX", while this free version only comes with "1 classic amp & cab, and 7 meticulously designed FX." Both are fully upgradable to 24 amps & cabs, and 71 FX via individual IAPs, or the Motherload bundle that includes everything.
Right now all of the individual bundles are 50% off, in both apps, and the Motherload is 40% off at $35. I've been enjoying the sound design available in the stereo signal processing. This app is worth checking out, and now you can for free!
ToneStack GO iTunes Description:
ToneStack is the ultimate in signal processing: with the largest variety of amps & FX, the latest advancements in modeling technology, and an unbelievably powerful yet simple interface – it simply shreds all the other guys.
Thanks to ToneStack's state-of-the-art “Virtual Circuit” technology, each ToneStack unit is the digital mirror image of a real analog topology. Unlike other FX apps that try to copycat with EQing and other gimmicks, ToneStack recreates the intricate designs of the real thing. The result is a warm, responsive tone with the natural behavior you find in analog units.
Amazing Selection of Pro Amps & FX
Right away, enjoy a classic amp & cab, and 7 meticulously designed FX. Expand to a total of 24 amps & cabs, and 70 FX – the largest collection on iOS.
ToneStack also brings many powerful guitar FX to the iOS for the first time: polyphonic octaver, harmonizer, realistic spring reverbs, virtual-reel tape delays are just a few examples.
The Most Versatile Signal Chain on iOS
Why be limited with just 4 or 8 FX that other guys max you out at? ToneStack lets you run a whopping 64 amps & effects simultaneously (Device CPU limitations apply) so you can let your imagination run wild.
For even more power, ToneStack includes a unique ABY unit not found in other FX apps. Split your signal anywhere: run dual amp setups, switch or blend FX chains, or multiplex your signal via frequency splitting – countless permutations, all up to you.
You can match any amp with any cab (all cabs have 3 mics with distance & position settings); you can insert any unit anywhere – even between amps and cabs like a true FX loop. Managing your signal chain is as easy as dragging and dropping an icon!
- “Virtual Circuit” amp & FX modeling technology
- Units modeled after real-life topologies
- ABY: split signal anywhere, use dual amp setups, blend, pan or switch FX chains & more
- Complete collection: 24 amps & cabs, 70 FX, with stompboxes & rack-units and more!
- 64 simultaneous amps & FX
- Independent amps & cabs
- 3 mics per cab w/ distance & position setting
- 8-Track recorder w/ 2 tracks free
- Tapedeck w/ punch looping, sample-accurate rec, pitch/time manipulation, FX send & more
- Tuner w/ permanent & fullscreen modes
- Metronome, tap tempo, settable time signature
- BPM sync mods & LFOs
- onSTAGE mode w/ quick preset load & FX toggle
- Unlimited banks & presets; easy preset sharing & more
- Extremely powerful MIDI: control any amp or FX parameter
- Easy MIDI Learn
- MIDI prog changes + bank & preset up/down
- Audiobus: input, FX, output, state-saving
- Inter-App Audio FX
- Audio copy/paste, email, WiFi, iTunes sharing