IK Multimedia added 7 new amps and pedals in the latest update, along with new IAP bundles.
What's new in AmpliTube v4.1:
- New Fulltone OCD Stomp available for in-app purchase
- New Ampeg SVT-4 PRO Bass Amp available for in-app purchase
- New Acoustic Sim Stomp available for in-app purchase
- New X-Flanger Stomp available for in-app purchase
- New Wharmonator Stomp available for in-app purchase
- New Metal W Amp available for in-app purchase
- New Metal 150 Amp available for in-app purchase
- New Gear Bundles available for in-app purchase
- Looper: added export feature (tap and hold a loop to export)
- Fixed an issue that was impeding restore purchases on iOS 9
- Fixed a potential crash during BlueBoard connection on iOS 9
- General Reliability improvements
efectism posted a fun new jam on Loopy with recordings from SampleTank, Thumbjam, and WaveMapper.
i use Loopy HD for rec the sounds from :SampleTank,Thumbjam & WaveMapper via Audiobus
you can here the audio file here http://yourlisten.com/efectism/inner-...
Novation has announced the imminent release of Circuit, a new standalone groovebox. I like to feature affordable hardware on this site occasionally, and at $330 this is very affordable. The box includes 2 different synth parts, each with a side-chain sequencer, and 4 drum parts. No part of that is analog. So for cheap-analog you'll still be looking to Korg's Volcas, and you may be more tempted by the $400 Electribe. This is still an interesting offering from Novation, arriving October 15th.
Novation Circuit Key Features:
- 2-part Nova-heritage analog-modelled synthesizer
- 4-part drum machine
- 4×8 grid of RGB, velocity-sensitive sequencer pads
- 6 voice polyphony
- Loads of oscillator types and wavetables
- 64 production-ready patches
- Step sequence or build live
- Lock your music in time and key
- Combine ready-made drum patterns
- “Tweak” using 8 synth macro encoders with RGB LEDs
- Record and play back your tweaks
- Combine up to 128 steps of synth and drum patterns
- Add delay and reverb effects
- 32 slots for creating, saving and playing tunes without a laptop
- Compact and battery powered
- Built-in speaker
- Works with computer and hardware via USB and MIDI
The official video is kind of baffling. It starts off with some really boring repetitive shit, and places the new device in between the more desirable Analog RYTM and TB-303. Hell many people may even want the DSI TETR4 more than Novation's virtual synth device. Weird marketing decision all around, but the music does start to improve as the video moves along.
Here it is in all of its weird glory, but if you're really interested you should check out Sonic State's First Look.
Dan Trueman has ported his Mac OSX app bitKlavier to iPad! This app provides samples of a "prepared" digital piano. For those unfamiliar with the term, a "prepared piano" means someone put weird shit on the on the strings. This app has similar caltrops sprinkled throughout the digital piano samples to provide some unexpected results. It doesn't look like Audiobus/IAA made it into v1.0, but it does include MIDI support.
bitKlavier iTunes Description:
bitKlavier is the software that drives the "prepared digital piano;" it has been used by a number of composers for creating new music, and has been featured in performances around the world.
Like the prepared piano, the "prepared digital piano" feels just like a piano under the hands and often sounds like one, but it is full of surprises; instead of bolts and screws stuck between the piano strings, virtual machines of various sorts adorn the virtual strings of the digital piano, transforming it into an instrument that pushes back, sometimes like a metronome, other times like a recording played backwards. The virtual strings also tighten and loosen on the fly, dynamically tuning in response to what is played.
To begin, load a sample set ("lite" will load quickly and on older iPads, "medium" sounds better, but takes longer to load) and experiment with the included presets, many of which are from existing pieces (the Nostalgic Synchronic Etudes by Dan Trueman, and the Mikroetudes, a collection of small pieces by various composers), others are examples for exploring the various types of digital preparations. Work with the on-screen keyboards, or hook up a USB-MIDI keyboard using a Lighting-USB adaptor and play with a full-sized keyboard.
Dan posted an excellent explanation of the app, and what weirdness awaits within. Unfortunately the audio is from the camera mic, so you can't get a sense for how the app actually sounds.
Timothy Barraclough has released the 6th app in his Flora series of IAA/Audiobus effects. As with the others, this Tremolo app is just $1 and is Universal iOS.
Tiger-lily Tremolo iTunes Description:
Tiger-lily Tremolo is a two-stage harmonic and amplitude tremolo effect with variable wave-shaping and phase-offset parameters.
Built upon the tenet of simplicity, the flora project presents great sounding, lightweight audio effects using Inter-App Audio and Audiobus technologies to allow you to get the sound you want, without sacrificing processing power.
More information about the flora project can be found at http://timothy-j.com/flora
NB: Tiger-lily Tremolo requires either Audiobus or Inter-App Audio capable applications in order to operate. See http://audiob.us for more information.