The massive 2.5 update for BeatMaker 2 just hit the App Store! Included in this version is the anticipated IAA support!
What's new in 2.5
- Compatible with Apple iOS Inter-App Audio (iOS7 only, iPhone+iPad)
- Compatible with iOS 7 on all devices (fix the graphic glitch on iPhone 5S)
- INTUA Sound Store for getting new kits and sound banks
- New effect: Stereo delay
- MIDI note learn on drum machine: configure each drum sampler exactly like your MIDI controller
- MIDI Clock and MIDI transport messages improved
- Quick MIDI CC touch’n'learn on instruments, mixer and effects controls
- Every instrument will listen on MIDI Channel #1 by default
- Take-over mode for reading back sequencer automations
- Looping will no longer reset automations
- OMNI disabled by default
- MIDI Clock messages are sent by default
- Auto-saved sessions (“Last Session”) now saved with project name, in a special directory “Auto-saved Sessions”
- MIDI configuration templates will now save custom note mapping
- GM Drum mapping mode in Drum Machine MIDI configuration panel
- Note length can be edited directly on the pattern editor
- Missing samples will still be displayed on pads and keyboard mapping editor for easier recovery (prefixed with a cross)
- Update to Audiobus SDK 1.0.2
- Other fixes and enhancements
thesoundtestroom is on fire this week, releasing his 4th video in the last 3 days. Here Doug walks us through setting up Inter-App Audio in GarageBand. The inclusion of the song timecode on the IAA panel in client apps is a surprisingly helpful looking resource. I'm kind of blown away by how smooth the whole process of working with IAA in GarageBand is. Well done, Apple!
Both versions of Drums XD were updated today with MIDI improvements, including notes pre-mapped to instruments. The development cycle on this app is starting to impress me, with 2 nice updates this month.
Reader ZenLizard reports that, "Drums XD finally plays nice with Genome, Beatmaker, and MIDI Pattern Sequencer, and others thanks to the new update."
What's new in Drums XD v1.4.2:
- Duplicate set option
- Reverb quality improved
- Various bug fixes & interface tweaks
- MIDI notes pre-mapped to instruments (pro version)
- Audiobus SDK upgrade (pro version)
- MIDI improvements (pro version)
Rheyne is having a lot of fun with his new lighting setup, and you can hear that in this happier bouncier jam.
Live looping with Ableton Live. Lighting is controlled by the instruments with an Enttec DMXIS and Max for Live. A PC is connected to the two video monitors, running the "Vizzable" plugins for M4L by Robert Jarvis.
Download or stream the audio at SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/rheyne/rheyne-live-jam-88/s-Aadhi
More information on "Vizzable" can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/zealtv
- DSI MoPho keyboard
- Akai APC20
- Novation Launchpad
- DJ TechTools MIDI Fighter 3D
- iPad running Lemur w/ iConnectMIDI
- iPad running Animoog
- KMI QuNeo - NI's Battery (drums)
- KMI QuNexus NI's Kontakt (piano)
- Oxygen25 - NI's Massive
- Enttec DMXIS
- PreSonus 1818VSL
- Macbook Pro running Ableton Live and Max
- PC running Ableton Live and Max (video monitors)
Reader Adrian alerted me to some great sales on some great apps...