Hokusai got a minor maintenance update in preparation for iOS 7, along with and all of the changes to third-party SDKs. It is nice to see Wooji's audio editor is not abandoned!
What's new in Hokusai v1.0.13:
- Compatibility updates
- Fix: Audio playback improvements
- Fix: Timestretch UI bugfixes
- Fix: Crash that could occur when attempting to import a copy-protected file
- Updated Dropbox SDK
- Updated AudioCopy SDK
Tape got a little update today, with a big feature!
You can now trim your recordings!
What's new in Tape v1.0.1:
- Users can now trim the start and end points of their recording
- The tape reels are now interactive and can be used to scrub through audio
- Bug fixes and updates
Stienberg's Cubasis update replaces their audio engine, allowing for some pretty massive sample rates and up to 24 outputs!
What's new in Cubasis v1.3:
- New pristine audio engine with extended sample rates (44.1/48/96kHz) and bit rates (16/24-bit)*
- Real-time playback of arbitrary audio file formats (44.1/48/96kHz and 16/24/32 bit) independently of the project's sample rate and bit depth.
- Up to 24 assignable physical audio outputs
- Assignable metronome output and pan
- MIDI Clock latency compensation slider
- Audio input gain adjustment option for audio interfaces and external microphones
- And more! For the complete list of improvements and user reported problems solved please visit www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum
*iPad 4 recommended for 96kHz recording
Jam Maestro got a big update, including Audiobus, and a new free version. There are also a bunch of great new tutorials!
What's new in Jam Maestro v2.0:
- Audiobus Support
- AudioCopy Support
- Export to wav/m4a
- Dropbox Support
- Stereo panning
- Effects: Delay, Reverb, EQ
- Unlockable Effects: Chorus, Flanger, Vibrato, Tremolo
- Pitch Bend/Slide ability
- Mute strings whilst playing ability
- Precise BPM ability
- New fret release type: Sweep
- 4 New Unlockable Guitar Soundpacks: Shimmer, Stoner Doom, Bright Clean, Epic Lead
- New Unlockable Bass Soundpacks: Blacklisted, Hazzard
- New 'Rock' Drum Kit Soundpack
- Performance options
- Sample Lengths increased, Bass mixing algorithm refined.
- ALL NEW GRAPHICS!
- Lots of other fixes and improvements!
The free version is limited to just 1 guitar and 1 drum part, 4 bar sequencer, and cannot save/open projects.
There are a lot of detailed tutorials from on the official YouTube channel. I think this one shows off the power of the app best.