Reader Felix, aka The Tuesday Night Machines, built a custom portable case for his Eurorack Modular system. You can read his progress on the construction over here. This is his first jam, with Tape and Final Touch.
I built a portable DIY case for my Eurorack modular synth setup. It's almost done :) Here's a first little jam with it! See lots of pictures of the building process and read about it too here: http://tinyurl.com/modularcase
The drums in this jam were synthesized with Eurorack modules too. The Intellijel Dixie does the bass drum and the snare is the Anti-Oscillator + Noise from the Turing Machine. The other percussion sound is the pinged Klangbau 3D VCF through the Plague Bearer.
Gear used in this video:
- Eurorack Modular Synthesizer (see: http://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/111472)
- Arturia MicroBrute (analog synthesizer)
- iPad 3 with Behringer UCA202 audio interface and the Focusrite/Novation Tape recording app & Final Touch mastering app
Filmed with a Canon EOS 550D (Rebel t2i).
Music Studio got its first major update of the year, and it's a big one! A whole new effect routing scheme, along with 4 new effects!
What's new in Music Studio v2.5:
- New effect routing: 5 track, 5 send and 6 global effects
- 4 new effects: Compressor, BitCrusher, Phaser, StereoWidener
- Polyphony during export increased to 256
- MIDI CC2 input is mapped to track volume
- Audiobus SDK 2.0 compatibility
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Both versions of Loopy were updated today with new options for the way Count-Out behavior works when recording.
What's new in Loopy (both versions):
- Added hardware latency controls (the default 256 frames, or super-low 128 frames)
- Addressed Audiobus port muting policy to avoid silencing output when individual tracks added
- Show input levels while adjusting input gain on iPhone
- Allow clock pausing with pending count-in/out actions; perform actions immediately
- When unpausing by triggering record, start recording immediately, not after a count-in
- Reset clock when clearing all tracks or re-recording the only track
- Improved count-out behaviour:
(a) properly respect disabled count-out while count-in is on
(b) avoid blank gaps at end of loops when punching out shortly before a boundary, by extending recording a little (count-out to next appropriate boundary)
(c) count-out has three modes now: enabled, disabled with the behaviour described in (b), and disabled with instant record end.
- Fixed count-out of second loop when record trigger ends the first loop recording
- Fixed truncation on loop length indicator on iPhone
- Few crash fixes
Buy Loopy on iTunes: $2.99 (iPhone)
Speak Onion posted this live performance from Circuit Bridges #5 at MC Gallery in Manhattan. He's using a variety of hardware with TouchOSC to create some intense Glitch-IDM!
Speak Onion performing "In Your Master's House" live for Circuit Bridges #5 at MC Gallery in Manhattan on an extremely hot evening for a small but very gracious audience. Live visuals by the almighty Bruzed. Video taken from a camera mounted on the keyboard stand.
Download the studio version: http://immigrantbreastnest.com/album/in-your-masters-house
- Elektron Octatrack
- Nord G2 Engine
- Novation Remote Zero
- Rolls Mini-Mixer
- iphone (touchOSC) and Missing Link MIDI interface
Propellerhead's Take got a couple of updates over the weekend, adding quite a lot of new features and addressing bugs.
What's new in Take Creative Vocal Recorder v1.1.1:
Key New Features
- Song navigator replaces the scrub bar. It gives you an overview of the recorded spaces. Drag to scrub, or tap directly to jump to a point in time.
- Redo mode now restores to the last audio change undone.
- Tutorial walks you through how to use Take. Re-enable viewing it from Take's settings.
- Clearer UI for indicating the beginning and end of recordable space.
Fixes & Improvements
- Improved audio recording latency correction on all devices.
- Faster rendering feedback when recording.
- Preview backing tracks without running all the way to the end of the recordable space—when no audio has been recorded.
- System view page scrolls to the selected back track on open.
- Sleep timer is disabled by default to prevent the device from locking while recording (can be disabled in Take’s settings).
- Proximity sensor is disabled to prevent the screen from darkening while in use.
- Device supports upside-down orientation. Adjust your device's mic/cables as you like for the best recording position for you.
- Open shared songs directly opened in Safari from the share page after upload.
- When sharing in mail, Facebook, and Twitter, the text is automatically pre-filled with the song name and a message inviting friends to listen to the song.
- Song shares are cropped better to prevent leading and trailing silence.
- Lots of bug fixes and stability improvements.