The SynthPatcher community has released a free preset pack for iVCS3 that hopes to demonstrate the synth's uses beyond sound effects. Featured here are sounds from readers and regular commentors of Discchord too!
This bank explores the possibilities of the highly acclaimed iVCS3 from Apesoft and challenges the notion that this synth is only for weird effects. Yes we have a few weird effects in here, but the majority are highly playable patches by Zen Lizard, Joe, WalkyMatt and Baddcr. Completely free for everyone.
This pack is a free download, even if you are not a registered member of the community! Thanks to reader hansendesigns for pointing this one out.
After months of teasing Positive Grid has released Final Touch, a seriously impressive looking mastering suite for iPad!
Final Touch iTunes Description:
Final Touch is a complete mastering system for iPad. Combining Maximizer, Pre and Post Equalizer, 4-Band Dynamics, Stereo Imager, Reverb and Dithering into one integrated app, it gives your mixes a huge, balanced, polished and professional sound.
Top-Notch Sound Quality
Building on Positive Grid’s expertise in DSP research and skillful integration of iOS vDSP double-precision architecture, Final Touch is a dedicated mastering system with high data integrity and high-resolution processing capability. The result is a set of creative and professional tools that deliver masters that sound not just louder but clearer, wider, fuller, and more powerful and detailed.
Unequaled Control and Metering
All the modules, with the exception of the Stereo Imager and Maximizer, can have their left, right, mid or side channel soloed or bypassed, and either mode’s two channels can be linked. Four high-resolution faders for left- and right-channel inputs and outputs are accompanied by multi-colored ladder meters, fader and level readouts, and clip indicators. The faders can be linked, maintaining any offsets you created beforehand. Global and module-based presets, transport controls, a waveform overview, Undo and Redo functions, and Import and Export facilities complete the mix.
- Complete professional mastering system powered by Positive Grid’s high-end signal-processing algorithms
- Pre and Post Linear-Phase Equalizers, each offering eight bands and five filter types
- Multiband Dynamics with four independent bands of compression/limiting
- Stereo Imager adjusts the width and balance of your mix’s soundstage
- Reverb provides state-of-the-art Room, Hall and Plate algorithms
- Maximizer transparently limits peaks to make your mix louder
- Dithering and Noise-Shaping preserves your mix’s depth and nuance
- Stereo and mid-side processing
- High-resolution, multi-colored metering with accurate readouts
- Left, right, mid and side channels can be independently soloed or bypassed
- 100 factory presets and unlimited user presets
- Drag and drop modules to rearrange their order in the signal path
- Pristine, high-resolution sound (double-precision, 64-bit calculation)
- Unmatched audio-data integrity: no rounding or truncation except when calculations are performed
- Share via Email, Dropbox, iTunes, SoundCloud and FTP
- Supports Inter-App Audio and Audiobus routing system (works with many other audio apps)
- Supports iPad 2, iPad mini and newer iPad devices
- Designed for iOS 7