deltAdata did fun jam with Samplr and Sunrizer, using his nanoKontrol as a keytar. Sometimes it hits me how spoiled we are in the land of apps. You can get Sunrizer and Samplr for $20. I mean, holy shit, that's a lot of music making per dollar!
Korg nanokontrol as keytar, Canon eos 760d + efs 17-55 f2.8 1080, samplr, sunrizer, ipad mini, isupr8 filter 2 (8mm android video effect), bose soundlink mini 1, audiobus, audioshare, shareit (video file transfert between android and ios), sony xperia z3 compact and timelapse sony app (time lapse videos with glitch at the end...), made on ipad mini 1 with imovie.
Filmed by "JLpictsArt's"
YouTuber treasurecharger hasn't been featured here in over 4 years, but I liked this little demo of his upcoming "synth puzzle game" for iPhone. It looks like the music is generative, based on your actions and what's happening on the screen. It sounds good! Like a festive, arcadey, 80s-synth mixtape.
I'll be posting an official release video when it comes out. Subscribe.
Amazing Noises has released a new Audiobus/Inter-App Audio multi-effect app that looks amazing! There are a ton of different effects packed in here that you can select and move around in node chains. You can even run your chains into one another. The concept seems complex, but it looks surprisingly intuitive in the demo video!
Moebius Lab iTunes Description:
Moebius Lab is a multimorphic sound processor which contains a synth, a varispeed stereo sample player, 9 time domain effects, 6 spectral effects, 7 slots for external audio application, and nearly 200 LFOs that can modulate each parameter. You can move the effects along two chains, and get endless combinations of incredible sounds. ALL the App parameters can be modulated with dedicates LFO (one independent LFO for each parameter!).
To get you started, you have more than 200 ready-mades presets. Each effect has an in-line help with an explanation of the parameters.
The screen is divided into 3 horizontal areas: the top one contains the sound source (Sample player/External Input/Internal Synth), the middle one contains the Time Domain Effects Chain with four slots for external apps, the bottom one contains the Spectral Effects Chain. The two effect chains are connected in a sort of Moebius Ring: you can route the signal from the Time Domain Chain to the Spectral Chain and vice versa. You can even add up to 7 IAA effects and/or instruments, the number of possibilities is huge!
List of Effects (Nodes)
- EXCITER The Exciter Node distorts the signal below (Saturation) or above (Excitation) a given frequency.
- RINGER A ring modulator with distortion and feedback.
- KLAMPER Clamps the signal with some special features.
- SWARMER A “superchorus”, excellent to create super fat synth sounds (and more). It is composed by a chain of modulated delay lines.
- FILTER The Filter node has two configurations: Dub: dual low-pass high-pass state variable filter with resonance and overlap factor. Morph: a triple low-pass/band-pass/high-pass state variable filter with resonance and continuous morphing between the filter types.
- SPLITDEL A dual band delay with feedback.
- REDUKTOR This node can be used to decimate and do other “bad things” to your signal.
- SHIFTER A dual band frequency shifter.
- REVERSO Plays the signal in reverse at regular rate.
- BRICKWALL A spectral brickwall filter.
- GRIP This node samples and holds spectral components of the incoming signal, based on their amplitude.
- BLUR A (noisy) “spectral reverb”. The duration of the spectral components is prolonged (blurred).
- DEGRADER A spectral decimator.
- FLUTTER Flutter is a sort of animated brickwall. Two spectral sinusoidal LFOs define the frequency boundaries. The spectral components which are inside or outside (depending on the Spectral Balance) these boundaries are suppressed.
- PLATEVERB As the name suggests this is a classic Plate Reverb.
- DYNAMICS PROCESSOR You can change the output sound using a compressor and expander effect. This is used to either reduce or expand the dynamic range of an audio signal.
The internal synth contains two band limited oscillators, a complex oscillator, a ladder filter, an envelope generator and a sub-bass oscillator.
- Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support (sender and FX)
- Built-In Stereo Sampler with varispeed
- Control Manager LFO for Parameters
- Midibus, Virtual Midi and Network: 14 bit NRPN controllers
- File Manager, sharing common audio files via iTunes, Dropbox and AudioCopy
- Snapshots Presets Morphing Pad
This sounds so cool! I especially like the example of using discrete LFOs to modulate parameters, at about 1:30.
Ruismaker, the new drum machine app for AUX from Bram Bos, was only just released last week and is already getting a content update! New sound models and new factory kits are added, along with improvements and fixes.
There's also a note about incompatibility with Garageband for iPad 4 owners, but it apparently works with other AU hosts.
What's new in Ruismaker v1.0.2:
- Fixed jumpy knobs (smoother/finer adjustments)
- New sound models
- New Factory kits
- Improved dynamics engine
- Categorization in sound list
- Improved automation handling
- Reduced CPU usage and minor fixes
Note to iPad 4 users: due to a bug in Garageband you may be experiencing crashes (only on iPad 4). We're working with Apple to solve the issue. In the meantime we recommend using another Audio Unit host with Ruismaker.
Positive Grid posted this promo piece for their upcoming BIAS Head, $1,100 hardware amplifier shipping in August.
It's a beast! That $1,100 price tag is a $200 pre-order discount... but I think I'll stick with their apps.
Ryan "Fluff" Bruce shows off BIAS Head's front and back panel and demonstrates how each knob affects the overall tone. Pre-order now: http://www.positivegrid.com/bias-head
BIAS Head is a guitar and bass amplifier that accurately captures any amp tone in the world, including the cab and even mic position. You can safely connect your cab into its powerful Class D 600 Watts RMS @ 8 Ohm or 300 Watts @ 16 Ohm. With the included BIAS Amp Pro software, you can share and download thousands of amp match models and save them right in the head. Pre-order now, pay later, and save $200 off regular price plus FREE worldwide shipping. Be quick before they run out!