Marcus Padrini from MusicApps.com.br did this cover of Fanfare for the Common Man on his hardware synths and Gadget. MATRIXSYNTH pointed out an eerie similarity to the Dr. Who theme that once you hear it you can't unhear it, even in in the original recording.
Correction: Marcus informed me that this is not a cover, but rather, "It is an original song inspired by Fanfare."
Analog, digital and virtual :) A synth jam with Yamaha DX7II, Moog Sub 37 and Korg Gadget for iPad.
Fx: TC-Helicon Voice Live GTX (chorus and reverb for the DX7 II) and Zoom MS70 CDR (chorus, reverb and delay for the Sub 37).
Lachlan Mooney, who previously brought us a Roland Alpha Juno editor, has released a new iPhone MIDI controller with 3D Touch capabilities on compatible iPhone 6S/6S+ hardware! For non-compatible hardware you still get little XY pads for each of the notes. This one arrives with Virtual MIDI and a demo 3D Touch working with Animoog's Aftertouch control.
Miditure iTunes Description:
Miditure is a MIDI controller app for the iPhone, it can be used to control any instruments, apps, software and hardware that accept MIDI input.
Miditure has been designed to exploit the expressive potential offered by 3D Touch capable devices (iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus), but is compatible with older devices as well. Miditure includes a pad controller for sending MIDI note messages and an XY pad (XYZ pad if used with a 3D Touch capable device) for sending MIDI control change messages.
Each of the nine configurable pads can send from 1-4 notes with velocity, and on 3D Touch capable devices, polyphonic aftertouch. Velocity can be set to use the devices accelerometer or can be determined from the location of the touch that triggered the pad.
The XY (XYZ) pad can be configured to send control change messages for up to 3 controls per axis.
- Controls apps locally using coreMIDI, or control external software and hardware over Wi-Fi, or by using a compatible interface.
- Save and load configurations
In addition to this embedded demo there are two more on Lachlan's YouTube.
Apps are starting to go on sale ahead of Black Friday this week. Perhaps most exciting is Lemur (on both iOS and Android) for just $10! This is the lowest price ever on the popular controller app, based on hardware that used to cost $2,000!
I'd spent so many years lusting after the hardware that I bought it at the initial $50 asking price. I haven't had any regrets about that, but if you miss out on this $10 sale you might! Here is one of those classic YouTube videos that was jaw dropping back in the pre-iPad days.
SoundScaper's latest update adds a Scene Morph option that can be used to radically shift everything between presets!
What's new in SoundScaper v1.4:
- New feature - morphing scenes in auto or manual mode.
- Additional panel with scene hotkeys.
- Improved oscillator circuit filter mode.
- Option for use standard midi commands.
- Added record time counter.
- Fixed midi start / stop in background.
- Supports Audiobus updated.
- Built-in description updated.
- Minor bug fixes.
This arrives with a demo of the new morphing possibilities!
midiSequencer got a big update this weekend, including a new MIDI effect that rotates the middle note of a chord.
Update: The developer just Tweeted to let me know iOS 7 isn't working on this version, but a fix is on the way.
What's new in midiSequencer v1.12:
- Complete rework of all graphics to allow retina iPhone 4,5,6,6+ screen resolutions - including zoom feature (+ button on extreme left)
- Retina enabled.
- Now contains code to be fully multi-threaded - needed for new upcoming clip sequencer app which can run 20 instances.
- New midiFX - Rotator - a chord with rotating middle note
- Latest Audiobus sdk 2.2.2
- Improved touch
- Transpose now ranges from -24 to +24
- Set the Start & End of sequence using [ & ] buttons
- Improved midiFx blurred graphics
- Moved Shift L/R to reset menu
- Midi Fx - Echo - now allows 2 decimal places in gain (0.00 to 2.00)
- Double tap tempo slider brings up panel to enter integer tempo (like Transpose slider)
- Added new hardware midi CC mappings : moog Sub 37, moog Sub Phatty and Analog 4.
- Increased bank snapshots to 100 (from 40). Added new < button on performance panel to scroll backwards
- Was not playing first step on SLAVE start
- Was not able to save to slot 11
- Was not resetting %probability to 100% when reset all done
- MidiFx - Echo - fixed issue with echo note off - only apparent on monosynths
- Removed WIST - it wasn't working anyway
- OMAC disabled in IOS9 - awaiting fix from MidiBus as IOS9 security limits access to other apps.
- Transpose only loaded from snapshot if Include Controls enabled - was always doing this.