Cubasis receieved a timely update to address Audiobus problems under iOS 8, with a load of other fixes!
What's new in Cubasis v1.8.2:
- Full iOS 8 compatibility
- New Audiobus 2.1.3 SDK
- Monitoring of Audiobus tracks
This maintenance update enables the compatibility with iOS8 and requires iOS7 at minimum.
- Fixes a rare issue where audio files were deleted after an undo command has been performed.
- Executing undo on an audio file that has been edited now works as expected.
- Fixes a problem with swing quantization introduced with Cubasis 1.8.1.
- Global buttons in the mixer are no longer active when creating an empty project.
- Fixes a problem where locator positions of an audio file were lost once re-opened in the audio editor.
- Freezing a track no longer leads to mute status changes of other tracks.
- Fixes a rare issue where mixdown or freeze leads to longer tail of silent audio at the end of the mixdown.
- Punch out recording now works as expected.
- Freezing an audio or MIDI track is no longer affected by the master volume level setting.
- Copying audio files between projects now works as expected.
- Fixes a rare issue where an established Audiobus connection renders Cubasis unreliable.
- Fixes a rare problem where trimming an audio file in the editor multiple times leads to unwanted results.
- Fixes a problem where undo and redo states are not updated when switching between audio events.
SongSheet got an update adding iCloud Drive support for managing your chord charts and set lists.
What's new in SongSheet v2.2:
- Import songs from iCloud Drive and other supported document sources using the new iOS 8 document picker
- Songs can be now be imported/converted from PDF: on import, files in this format are converted to SongSheet's native format by extracting and parsing text from within the PDF.
- The import process now has better preview as well as the option to manually correct some conversion issues (e.g. chord lines misidentified as lyrics) and add image tags to a song
- Improved detection of key, tempo, etc for songs imported from plain text
- Improved conversion for songs imported from DSBSoft's Song Sheet 5 for Windows .dbt format
- Creating a custom chord from the chord palette has been removed; instead do so from an existing chord within the song
- iOS 8 is now the minimum version required (devices running iOS 7 can still download version 2.1.1)
- When adding songs to a set list, filtering the All Songs list will now display the correct section headers
- Fixed a number of compatibility issues with iOS 8
Line 6's Mobile POD has been updated with extended support for the new Line 6 Sonic Port VX!
What's new in Mobile POD v1.6:
- iOS8 compatibility
- Improved compatibility with Sonic Port VX: the guitar input can now be processed with Mobile POD while simultaneously passing the unaffected Vocal Microphone signal through to a separate app via Inter-App Audio or Audiobus.
- AirTurn is currently not supported
There is a known issue whereby the link between tones in a set list and the underlying DSP information for that tone, gets broken during the update. Rest assured that all user created tones are retained in the user tones menu in 1.6.0. However, setlists created in 1.5.2 (or earlier) will not function in 1.6.0 as of yet.
GarageBand is the first app to have implemented MIDI Over Bluetooth in the iOS 8 compatiblity update. This update explicitly requires iOS 8, and drops the Freemium pricing model!
This is good news for anyone who downloaded GarageBand while it was free and didn't buy the IAPs, because you can now "buy" the IAP Complete Collection for free. $5 saved! Suck it, Apple!
What's new in GarageBand v2.0.2:
- Support for iOS 8
- iCloud Drive compatibility
- Toggle the metronome on and off directly from the control bar
- Use MIDI over Bluetooth to wirelessly connect compatible musical keyboards and controllers
- Stability improvements and bug fixes
This even works on iOS 7. Navigate to one of the instruments you would normally have to pay for. When you tap to purchase, and enter your iTunes details, you'll now get this option instead.
Boulanger Labs, headed by the famed Dr. Richard Boulanger, has released his second app! csSpectral is a new CSound-based multi-effect with Audiobus support! I was a huge fan of csGrain, and can't wait to play with this!
csSpectral iTunes Description:
csSpectral is a real-time, Csound-based, multi-effects processor featuring a Streaming Phase Vocoder and six other FFT-based spectral algorithms. The diverse collection of real-time DSP effects let you create unique textures and timbres by transforming your voice, instrument, or iTunes library. csSpectral also supports Audiobus, allowing you to send and receive audio from other apps, making the processing possibilities nearly endless.
There are no YouTube videos for this one, but the doctor has prepared a selection of crazy SoundCloud demos.