Guitar Jam Tracks - Scale Trainer & Practice Buddy is another app rising from obscurity with an Audiobus update. Judging by the video review below, this Universal app is worth a serious look for guitarists and people that want to be!
Scale Trainer & Practice Buddy iTunes Description:
Practice jamming, learning guitar scales and soloing to 5 great sounding jam tracks right from your iPhone/iPad! Add more styles and scales with our in-app store. Our easy-to-read scale charts show you exactly where to put your fingers to start sounding like a pro. See for yourself why thousands of guitarists love our jam track apps!
Practice Scales With Ease
Major and Minor Pentatonic and Major (Ioanian) and Minor (Aeolian) scale charts are included for every key. We show you where to put your fingers - just start playing a track, load up the scales and go! You're instantly jamming with the band.
For Rhythm and Lead Players
Every track has a listing of chords that are used in the track, along with scale charts - practice rhythm or lead with ease!
A Great Investment
You will get hours and hours of use out of this little app. Practicing guitar shouldn't be boring - download this app today and make practice fun!
Practicing your scales is the best way to get comfortable with the fretboard. Once your learn the 5 different shapes of the pentatonic scale in every key, you'll be able to play along and solo to nearly any song!
One of the best things about the explosion of Audiobus supporting apps is discovering new old apps! Drum Beats+ is a good looking Universal drum-backing app I've never heard of before, now with Audiobus!
Drum Beats+ iTunes Description:
Drum Beats+ is a simple and fun collection of drum loops for stress-free jamming and songwriting accompaniment. No assembly required! Ranging from 1 to 4 bars in length, these loops are great for casual practice or exploring song ideas. Plug into Hi-Fi speakers for the best sound (or just play right from your iPhone!)
- Audiobus-enabled (input)
- AudioCopy (export beats to other apps)
- Over 75 Drum Loops (Various styles)
- Beat Pack Store
- Includes "Hit Song" Pack
(remakes of beats from 16 chart-topping songs)
- Easy Tempo Changer
(60-190BPM, intervals of 5BPM)
- Tempo count-off (precount)
- Loud and Clear Sound (Professionally Mastered)
- Save Favorites
This video refers to the app as "Instant Beats+" but I double-checked! This is in fact Drum Beats+ shown here.
DJ Player got a massive update today, with improvements all across the board! Thanks to Anonymouse for this news!
What's new in DJ Player v6.0:
New user interface and workflows
- Most important performance controls are always visible for two decks.
- Portrait mode.
- Shift button secondary features everywhere.
- Pitch bend, fine pitch adjust, frame-precise step and backspin directly on the waveform.
- Two panes per deck: tempo and cue/loop points.
- One tap to display mixer + effects.
- Rarely used controls under More.
- Four deck mode on the iPad: available from the iPad 2 without any limitation in features, smoothness, stability or audio quality.
- Four deck mode on the latest iPhones/iPod touch generation.
Quantize and sync
- Both styles available: quantize+sync or classic beat-matching. Switch them per deck, or set defaults in the Settings app.
- Greatly improved and made for "Traktor"-style DJing. Enabled by default.
- Auto master sync: the master deck is automatically set according to the mixer controls. The status bar (top) background color shows the current master deck. Double-tap on Sync to adjust manually.
- Tempo pane is divided between both styles. Very easy live grid adjustment controls.
- Beatgrids are stored in the database (if you remove a track, it will not be lost).
Cues and loops
- A slot is a cue point or loop now, not both.
- Loops automatically enter looping mode.
- Press Cue to exit a loop.
- In and Out points live editable. Hold shift to snap/unsnap to beat.
- Shift + empty slot for instant 4-beats loops.
- "Performance looping" is moved to the Roll effect.
- Trap loop: if the 8th slot is a loop, then it becomes a "trap". When the track reaches the 8th loop's beginning, it automatically goes to looping mode and never ends.
- Auto-pfl with unique switching characteristics for headphone mixing without monitor speakers.
- Crossfader settings moved under More, because they become "performance" tools.
- Constant-power curve improved and renamed to Smooth Mix.
- Cross-bass: adjusts bass EQs automatically with crossfader. Curve depends on the current crossfader-curve, optimized for different genres (Beatmix for hip-hop/funky, Smooth Mix for house).
- Roll effect.
- Five simultaneous effects per deck: time (roll) + filter + color (flanger/lofi) + space (echo/reverb) + low/highpass.
- Tap with a second finger on the effect field to turn it on permanently.
- New default mappings for the Numark N4/Mixtrack Pro/iDJ Live, iON iDJ2GO, Vestax VCI-400/Spin 2.
- Four decks mapped where available, including proper deck switching.
- Replace existing mappings to the new ones: remove the existing mapping files in iTunes File Sharing, then relaunch DJ Player.
- Experimental plug-and-play support for Reloop Terminal Mix 2.
For the first time ever, StringMaster is free for today only. This app is a whole suite of helpful guitarist tools for iPad!
StringMaster iTunes Description:
StringMaster is an advanced iPad application suitable for beginner through to advanced Guitarists and other fretted instrument Musicians. With its beautiful, natural sound, StringMaster supports a wide range of instruments.
The chord building and detection, comparison between instruments, fretboard learning system, scales and advanced song writing tools are all supported with any instrument in any orientation, and with tremendously flexible alternate tuning and capo support.
- Play and discover a wide range of chords and fingering, all with beautiful natural tone.
- Display and play scales, including scale runs up the fretboard
- Display chord notes or suggested fingering
- Using a set of complex musical algorithms, StringMaster will show you the name of a chord based on the finger positions you define!
- StringMaster's easy-to-use Song Writer recommends which chords sound best together making it easy to write and store killer songs and progressions, including individual notes
- Explore and learn the fretboard, Chords & sounds of a range of instruments
- Learn to play a new instrument by comparing it with one you already know. Select a chord on one instrument, then display the equivalent chord pattern and fingering on any of the many other instruments.