The iPad version of Cross DJ and the iPhone version of Djay 2 both went free today!
Both versions of Cassini are also on sale.
Not to be outdone by the upstart Cubasis, whose update yesterday added automation, Auria has released a patch that greatly improves their own automation systems.
What's new in Auria v1.150:
- Added region-based automation:
Allows automation to be moved and edited along with regions
- Added "Loop to Selection" feature
- Added ability to Cut/Copy/Paste Automation
- Various bug fixes. See our forum for more info
MATRIXSYNTH found this video from Lloyd Barrett using his shiny new Beatstep to sequence a Nord Modular, which is being looped and mashed up in an RC-505 Loopstation, whose output is being sampled by Samplr. The results are eerie.
Crank this up, it's very quiet and there is a lot of texture detail you might miss!
Cubasis was just updated, adding the long awaited ability to automate parameters in Steinberg's powerful DAW.
What's new in Cubasis v1.8:
- MIDI CC's, program changes, aftertouch support
- Mixer side global control panel
- Phase inversion plug-in (for audio channels)
- Redesigned effect rack
- Audiobus 2.0 support
- The sustain pedal is now recorded as MIDI events (All sustain pedal problems solved!).
- The mod wheel is now recorded as MIDI events.
- Color-coded inspector nodes for automation, inserts and sends were added.
- The pitch bend range behaviour has been adapted to match Cubase. MicroSonic pitch bend range is configurable per track in the Inspector.
- Pitch bend wheel movement is visible when playing back pitch bend events.
- Audiobus 2.0 support.