Yonac's miniSynth for iPhone celebrates its 6th year on the App Store with a modernization update!
What's new in miniSynth 2 v1.1:
mini's 6th year on iOS....Thank You All for your curiosity, criticism, support, and your openness for the unknown. Exploring that with you has been our signal pleasure.
- miniSynth 2 is now an Inter-App Audio instrument! You can use it with your favorite IAA host or IAA-compatible DAW
- Newest Audiobus SDK
- New, even more robust audio subsystem
- Lots of other improvements
Ableton released this short promo to celebrate their partnership with Korg! So far iKaossilator and Korg Gadget can both export Ableton Live projects, in addition to the new Electribes announced earlier this month. The videos shows how you can extend your mixes, master your tracks, an add a hell of a lot more Cowbell in the desktop DAW.
Cubasis receieved a timely update to address Audiobus problems under iOS 8, with a load of other fixes!
What's new in Cubasis v1.8.2:
- Full iOS 8 compatibility
- New Audiobus 2.1.3 SDK
- Monitoring of Audiobus tracks
This maintenance update enables the compatibility with iOS8 and requires iOS7 at minimum.
- Fixes a rare issue where audio files were deleted after an undo command has been performed.
- Executing undo on an audio file that has been edited now works as expected.
- Fixes a problem with swing quantization introduced with Cubasis 1.8.1.
- Global buttons in the mixer are no longer active when creating an empty project.
- Fixes a problem where locator positions of an audio file were lost once re-opened in the audio editor.
- Freezing a track no longer leads to mute status changes of other tracks.
- Fixes a rare issue where mixdown or freeze leads to longer tail of silent audio at the end of the mixdown.
- Punch out recording now works as expected.
- Freezing an audio or MIDI track is no longer affected by the master volume level setting.
- Copying audio files between projects now works as expected.
- Fixes a rare issue where an established Audiobus connection renders Cubasis unreliable.
- Fixes a rare problem where trimming an audio file in the editor multiple times leads to unwanted results.
- Fixes a problem where undo and redo states are not updated when switching between audio events.
SongSheet got an update adding iCloud Drive support for managing your chord charts and set lists.
What's new in SongSheet v2.2:
- Import songs from iCloud Drive and other supported document sources using the new iOS 8 document picker
- Songs can be now be imported/converted from PDF: on import, files in this format are converted to SongSheet's native format by extracting and parsing text from within the PDF.
- The import process now has better preview as well as the option to manually correct some conversion issues (e.g. chord lines misidentified as lyrics) and add image tags to a song
- Improved detection of key, tempo, etc for songs imported from plain text
- Improved conversion for songs imported from DSBSoft's Song Sheet 5 for Windows .dbt format
- Creating a custom chord from the chord palette has been removed; instead do so from an existing chord within the song
- iOS 8 is now the minimum version required (devices running iOS 7 can still download version 2.1.1)
- When adding songs to a set list, filtering the All Songs list will now display the correct section headers
- Fixed a number of compatibility issues with iOS 8
Line 6's Mobile POD has been updated with extended support for the new Line 6 Sonic Port VX!
What's new in Mobile POD v1.6:
- iOS8 compatibility
- Improved compatibility with Sonic Port VX: the guitar input can now be processed with Mobile POD while simultaneously passing the unaffected Vocal Microphone signal through to a separate app via Inter-App Audio or Audiobus.
- AirTurn is currently not supported
There is a known issue whereby the link between tones in a set list and the underlying DSP information for that tone, gets broken during the update. Rest assured that all user created tones are retained in the user tones menu in 1.6.0. However, setlists created in 1.5.2 (or earlier) will not function in 1.6.0 as of yet.