Sunvox updates are always big, and developer Alexander Zolotov is keeping up the pace with this one!
- now XM and MOD files (formats of old trackers) can be loaded without the converter, through the Main Menu -> Load Song; you can find hundreds of these files on this site: modarchive.org;
- added autorepeat mode for the following buttons: HLD (clear current note), OFF (insert Note OFF), INS (insert), BCK (backspace);
- added eight layers for the modules; for example you can place some complicated drum chain on the first layer, and all other synths - on the second layer; layers can be visible together or separately;
- new function "Scale" in the Module menu: use it if you want a smaller or bigger module size for the current project;
- new module - WaveShaper;
- new module - MetaModule; with this module you can include some external .sunvox song to your project and use this song as synth or effect; * new option "Smooth frequency change" in the Analog Generator; enabled by default; disable it if you want to use arpeggio effect 08;
- velocity map in the MultiSynth module; * maximum number of pattern tracks has been increased from 8 to 16;
I came across a big tutorial series for Sunvox by game developer SolarLune! I've embedded the whole playlist here.