After a lot of teasing, Impaktor from Sunrizer developer BeepSteet is finally here! This Universal drum synthesizer is quite unique, using acoustic impulses to drive synthesis. There are no samples here!
Just slap your desk like you would a real drum. The real acoustical impulses from the built-in microphone are used as an excitation source for advanced sound modules that simulates behavior of membranes, cymbals, metallophones or strings. This makes Impaktor a highly responsive and expressive instrument.
With semi-modular architecture and several types of synthesis, Impaktor can produce a wide range of tones, from acoustic, like Tabla, Djembe, Marimba, Cymbals, Metal bars to electronic or industrial sounds.Synthesizer:
- Synthesis: physical modeling, frequency modulation, noise shaping
- Semi-modular architecture; 2 modules with configurable routing
- 2 modulation sources: velocity and lfo-envelope. Almost every parameter can be modulated
- Multimode filter, harmonic exciter and several types of amplifiers
- Over 90 presets available, more coming soon
- No samples used
- Ultra low latency
- 6 tracks audio recorder
- True 3d panning
- Auto-quantization with configurable time-signature
- Reverb and Delay effects
- Audio-copy and wave export
This has been in testing for quite a while, and I think you can tell that is paying off with important usability features right out of the gate. Auto-Quantization and Audio-copy export in version 1.0! Last week BeepStreet released this demo video of it in action.