Samplr looks pretty damn amazing. This came out of no where, but it is here today! Thanks to Rafael for bringing it to my attention.
Samplr lets you make music and play with sound in a new and intuitive way by touching the waveform on the screen directly with your fingers. Explore the sounds melody and texture using the different play modes and create your music compositions with the gesture recorder.
With an interface designed for live performance, Samplr gives the musician quick and precise access to all the instrument functionality at any time. Unlike other apps that try to recreate real life instruments or interaction concepts from traditional computers Samplr was designed from the very beginning for Multi-Touch devices.
- 7 different play modes: Slicer, Looper, E-bow, Tape, Scratch, Keyboard and Loop Player.
- 6 simultaneous samples (with 6 voices each).
- 5 sound effects per sample: Distortion, Filter, Amplitude Modulator, Feedback Delay and Reverb.
- Gesture recorder.
- High quality audio engine.
- Detailed user guide.
- Import your own samples (WAV) through iTunes.
- Ready to use sample library.
Alright before you guys get out the pitchforks, I'll say it: This app needs AudioPaste! That said, I'm still totally blown away by how fluid the performance looks. 6 sample tracks of potential, with gesture recording! Yes, yes, it also needs MIDI too.
Developer Marcos Alonso has put together a helpful Samplr tutorial video to get rocking quickly!