Tabletop just received a major update, including a timeline editor and MIDI input! Thanks to Duke for the heads-up!
What's new in 2.0:
- Timeline Editor. Edit, arrange, create notes on a pianoroll style timeline!
- Midi Controller Support. Control Tabletop devices via Core Midi with hardware!
- Tabletop Ready Apps. Standalone apps that work in Tabletop! iMPC is the first!
- Share Sessions. Post and download sessions for remixing, backup and more.
- Improved stability and performance.
- Brand new UI look and feel.
- Panhander. Autopanning effect device.
This is a pretty extensive update! The timeline editor alone address my biggest gripe with sequencing in Tabletop. The iMPC bit in there about it being an internal app is pretty interesting too. You have to buy the seperate iMPC app ($7), also just released, and then you can use it either standalone or from inside Tabletop.
Here is a demo video Retronyms released a couple of months ago showing off the new MIDI control options.