TEDx, independently organized TED Talks with less Malaria scares, hosted Yellowfier's Boris Blank & Hakan Lidbo. As with any good TED Talk they talk up a lot of good high-level concepts, but then Boris actually shows off the app to the crowd.
Today Apple finally released the long awaited Logic Pro X for Mac, and with it a new Logic Remote app for iPad. This is not the Logic Pro for iPad that many were expecting, but it is still fairly impressive in its own way, allowing far more than simple mixer controls! CDM has a full run-down on Logic Pro X and the new Logic Remote app.
Logic Remote iTunes Description:
Logic Remote is an iPad companion app for Logic Pro X on the Mac. Designed to take full advantage of Multi-Touch on iPad, Logic Remote offers new ways to record, mix, and even perform instruments in Logic Pro X from anywhere in the room, turning your iPad into a keyboard, drum pad, guitar fretboard, mixing board, or transport control.
Play Logic Instruments
- Play any Logic instrument using a familiar piano keyboard or guitar fretboard
- Tap out beats on drum pads or a drum kit
- Use the scale mode to limit notes to fit the key of your song
- Tap and strum entire chords using Chord Strip view
- Make simple or dramatic changes to your sounds with Smart Controls
- Add the Arpeggiator plug-in to any instrument
Navigate Logic Projects
- Operate basic transport controls like start, stop, record, and cycle
- Swipe the LCD or bar ruler to navigate to any location
- Select and jump to any Logic project marker
- Control recordings on your Mac from another room
- Browse the Sound Library and remotely change Patches
- Enable Smart Help and hover over interface elements on your Mac to display documentation on your iPad
- Remotely trigger Logic key commands with customizable buttons
Mix Your Logic Sessions
- Use Multi-Touch gestures to adjust Mixer volume, pan, solo, and mute controls
- Swipe to scroll or jump in banks to navigate through Mixer faders
- Use the level meter strip to monitor levels and identify clipping
- Enable and change automation modes for each fader
System RequirementsCompatible with iPad 2 or later and iPad mini. Requires iOS 6 or later and Logic Pro X.
Reader Maria is celebrating her 25th wedding anniversary today, and to commemorate it she did a song on her iPad!
This is a video I did for a competition sponsored by the developers of the iPad app "Epic Synth" for the iPad Musician Group.
The rules were to play a song without stopping on the iPad. I chose one of the suggested apps: Guitarism and incorporated its new Triple Play Feature where I used three other apps via virtual midi (Thumbjam for the strings, iFretless Bass for the bass, and SoundPrism Pro for the Rhodes sound)
The song is an original called Best Thing In My Life and I wrote it for my husband and two sons. Hope you like it.