miek5, from aquax.com, shows us how Dubstep has evolved in Korea with iMPC and a bunch of Korg gear! This is harsh!
Xewton has updated both Music Studio and Music Studio Lite, with iPhone 5 display support and up to 24 recording inputs.
The full version also received Audiobus!
What's new in 2.2 (Both):
- iPhone 5 Retina Display graphics
- 24 audio inputs supported (requires a class-compliant audio interface)
- Minimum required iOS version is now iOS 5.1
Also new in the full version:
- Audiobus support: Now you can send and receive live audio directly to/from other Audiobus-compatible apps!
- VirtualMIDI compatibility improved
Chordion, a unique instrument for iPad, just got a massive update with Audiobus, arpeggiators, and even drum machines!
What's new in 1.2:
- Drum Machine & Arpeggiator Easy to use sequencer with 4 drum machines. Customizable Arpeggiator patterns.
- New Layout Editor
Now you can set up custom chord voicings, create your own scales, and change the range of the keyboard in the new layout editor.
- New Synthesis Parameters
The envelope can now be set to modulate the filter cutoff for extra punch. Added Vibrato effect. Vibrato, Tremolo and Wah effects all have fade-in times for creating delayed modulation. New detuning makes your oscillators thick and juicy!
- Performance Optimizations
Audio engine has been optimized. MIDI mode now completely disengages the audio engine. Graphics engine has been optimized to be extra fast.
- New Chord Types
minMaj7, m7/9, 11, m11, maj7#11, m#11, 6, b6, m6, m#6, and more!
Record your audio and upload to SoundCloud, Dropbox, or iTunes.
- Share your songs on Noise:Cloud
Noise:Cloud is a new feature for sharing and downloading Chordion presets made by other users. Feeling un-inspired? Check out what others are making with Chordion.
Stream Chordion's audio output to other iOS apps with Audiobus.
Here is a demo video from the last update, which added MIDI.
Secret Base Design has updated Live Guitar with lots of new features including Audiobus and interesting Twitter integration!
What's new in 1.3:
- Introducing Audiobus support
- Improved support for Virtual and Core MIDI
- Import/Export chord progressions through Twitter
Update: The free version was also updated over the weekend. Developer Fessaboy posted about it in a comment here:
No Audiobus, limited numbers of chord sets, and only one sample, but it's got all the MIDI goodness, and is probably useful to folks. If you dig it, please buy me a cup of coffee by going to the full version. If not, that's ok too!
You may recall my video from last week where I used Live Guitar's MIDI and Audiobus support to do some interesting iPolysix jamming. Another feature I was using was the ability to import whole chord progressions from songs via Twitter. This was really handy for me, because I don't have a fucking clue how to read guitar tabs. x03256? 330111?
Fortunately if you search Twitter for the #sbdlg tag, which you can do from inside of the app, you'll find a ton of tabs for many popular songs. You don't need a Twitter account to grab them either, but you will need one to tweet out your own.
Here is a demo of the new features!
Echo Pad's development continues to impress me, with ever more goodies added to this $4 app!
What's new in 1.3.3:
More user requested features:
- New Decimator effect = lo-fi destruction!
- New "FX" toggle button on Audiobus sidebar lets you toggle wet/dry signal, like an effect send.
- supports Audiobus v1.0.2
- fixed a bug when interrupted by phone call, Echo Pad's audio would not recover properly.
- minor bugfixes
Here is a demo of the new decimator effect!