Jordan Rudess teamed up with Felipe Peña to make an ear training game for iPhone, called EarWizard. It is available to try for free but has a $3 IAP which unlocks all of the content. There are a lot of ear trainers out on iOS, but most of them are pretty lazy and none of them have tried very hard to gamify the experience.
EarWizard iTunes Description:
Wizdom Music announces EarWizard, created by Jordan Rudess and Felipe Peña. EarWizard trains your ear while improving your memory skills. Repeat back a sequence of chords which gets longer with each round of play. As you improve your skills, the visuals disappear and you will have to depend on your EAR! Start off in EASY mode with only a few chords on screen and with practice, you will ultimately reach the hardest level where you will have seven chords on screen and be playing against the clock!
Whether you are a novice or a trained musician, EarWizard will surely keep you entertained and challenged.
- Three levels - Easy, Normal and Hard
- Start with three chords in a key and go up to seven!
- Features fun Jordan videos playing each chord
- Five different diatonic modes-presented in three keys
- Endless Mode for continuos play in any level
- Speed control-Slow to Lightspeed
- Chart that allows you to hear and see the note spelling of all chords in the selected key
- Wizardly video rewards