Native Instruments Traktor and Serato Scratch fans have been making their own iOS MIDI interfaces since TouchOSC was first released back in 2008. While Native Instruments were the first with a respectable port of Traktor for iOS, Serato are the first to release their own iOS controller for their DJ platform: Serato Remote for iPad.
It looks great, with a lot of features in tow, though I can't help but wonder if a controller app like this is 5 years too late to the party.
Serato Remote iTunes Description:
Serato’s first official app for iPad is designed to compliment an existing Scratch Live or Serato DJ setup. Serato Remote will connect seamlessly to your Serato laptop software and work with all supported Scratch Live and Serato DJ hardware. Control Cue Points, Loops and Samples and manipulate FX in ways that weren’t previously possible.
Perform all of your favorite Scratch Live and Serato DJ functions without needing to touch your laptop. See Serato’s famous Virtual Decks and Track Overviews so you can focus on the crowd and free yourself from your laptop. Connect over USB for ultra low latency or wirelessly, freeing you to move around the stage.
- Plug & Play with easy set up
- Big easy to hit buttons that are quick to locate on the fly
- Control Cue Points, Samples and FX
- Toggle between Auto Loop, Loop Rolls and Manual Loops
- Perform super fast Instant Doubles
- New Roll Mode combines Loop Rolls with FX
- Set favorite FX for instant access
- Cue Point and Overview colours inherited from the Serato laptop software
- Virtual Decks and Track Overviews mirror key information from your laptop
- Scroll your library, load to decks and Sample slots
- Control of your Scratch Live or Serato DJ Sample Player.
- Quickly manipulate FX with QFX