AudioKit Synth One was updated with a new battery saving feature. While not mentioned in the update notes, developer Matthew Fecher let me know that you can still drain your battery if you'd like, by turning on the new "Don't Sleep" toggle. The update also includes new presets in the James Edward Cosby (JEC) bank.
What's new in AudioKit Synth One Synthesizer v0.8.5:You are amazing! Thank you all for your wonderful support <3. Please be patient with us. If you have a bug, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bug Fixes in this update:
• Battery Saving Upgrade. HUGE Power efficiency update when not using Synth One.
We implemented what we call "Smart Power". Here's how it works: Background audio and processing automatically turn off, unless Synth One is connected to AudioBus, IAA, or a host like GarageBand. That way you don't have to worry about confusing settings. It determines your workflow, and adapts for you. :)
• MIDI Bluetooth connects easier
• New Presets and Sounds in the "JEC" bank, including a nice Pink Floyd inspired preset ;)
• Tap the circle on the "Tune" panel for more displays
4 states when you tap:
1) Harmonic approximation
2) Pitch (log2(frequency)%1)
3) Cents (1200*log2(frequency))
You are all awesome! We are all volunteers building this app for you. Please spread the word!
Thank you :)
James Edward Cosby shows off one of the new presets, which was inspired by Pink Floyd's iconic On The Run.