Today Bitmask Studio Ltd. released Scythe, offering wavetable synthesis with Inter-App Audio. This one arrives at a premium price with some caveats. The first being: Holy shit, their website is still "under construction" after over 3 years!
It is also worth pointing out that their last app was abandoned abruptly. Mutate was released in March 2015. It was updated a month later with the promise of "Audiobus and AudioCopy/Paste coming soon" and then forgotten entirely before keeping their word.
Scythe iTunes Description:Scythe is a powerful wavetable synthesizer with modulation and Inter-App-Audio Support.
Import your own sounds using iTunes file sharing and AudioPaste and generate wavetables from these. Please note that loading sounds with low frequency content is required for best wavetable generation results.
- High quality wavetable synthesis
- Inter-App-Audio for connecting straight to Logic Pro X/Ableton or other apps
- Modulation control of all oscillator parameters
- Global tempo control for syncing LFOs to note duration
- Easily record, playback and export audio
- Library wavetables and presets
- Max waves = 48 = 3 voices * 2 oscillators * 8 unison
- Dark and Light modes
Full feature set:
- 2 Wavetable oscillators with full modulation control
- Load audio files from iTunes file sharing
- Load audio from other apps using audio paste
- Load library wavetables
- Save wavetables
- Unison up to 8 waves
- Global tempo control in top bar
- 2 Envelope generators with controllable ADSR graph
- 3 LFOs with 8 wave modes, Note duration sync, lfo wave amplitude, 3 run modes
- Global modulation matrix control
- Modulation override
- Currently max voices is 3
- Scrollable keyboard
- Hold mode (enabled by tapping octave control in scroll section)
- Library presets
- Save your own presets
- Record audio
- export audio using iOS export options, e.g. Dropbox
- Hardware capabilities will impact max number of waves. If your device CPU cannot synthesize the max number of waves, either adjust the unison value/modulation or reduce the number of simultaneous keys pressed
- Modulation is initially enabled by dragging the modulation link icons onto the control to be modulated.
- Hold mode is enabled/disabled by pressing the control in the keyboard scroll section
There's no official demo... but reader Meerkat Music did a First Look for the new app. He notes that this demo was unfortunately recorded in mono.